HAS ANYONE PURCHASED THE BOOK ABOUT THE CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON, ONE STANDING?

1,872 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Baylor3216
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If so, what do you think? Is it worth the 30 bucks? I'm thinking of getting it but I'm thinking Kendall Kaut's book will have more substance and be better. They might even compliment each other as one is more about Baylor & the other covers the entire tournament.
Jacques Strap
Amazon has it in Kindle for 9.99 and paperback for 14.99

You can get a free kindle reader and read it on your laptop or phone if you do not own a kindle

Click on the book cover image at Amazon and you can read some exceprts to see what the book is like
historian
Thanks for the info.

I have read enough of Kaut's work on ODB to know he writes good stuff (I've shared a few examples on here) and was thinking about getting the Kindle version.

I am more curious about the other book:

https://www.pediment.com/products/baylor-basketball-2020-2021-hardcover-book
Jacques Strap
Ahhh

Have not heard of that book.
CHP Bear
My copy of "How They Drew It Up" by Kendall Kaut just arrived. After first review definitely worth the investment. Great coffee table publication. All I can say is go for it! Or in the words of my father, "He who hesitates has lost." Sorry, should have said "He or she who hesitates has lost."
kendallkaut
Staff
Appreciate the kind words.

I would advise people to buy my book (shocking!), and when Jason King releases what will be an in-depth book later on, buy his book too!

This is the first time I've seen mention that it will be Waco Tribune-Herald content. Earlier ads on Facebook did not mention that. Given John is awesome, I would encourage buying all the books!
historian
That was written by John Werner of the WTH? I didn't know that. He does write good stuff about Baylor Athletics.

I should have known it was John & / or Brice since it does say Waco Tribune Herald on the cover.
j pate
OK, you talked me into it. Any chance you will signing books?
kendallkaut
Staff
I'll be at the Baylor bookstore May 8 from 11-2. No better time to offer complaints while also buying the book!
Beaneater
I bought the "year of the bear" book several years ago and just got the WTH book. $40 all in.
Brownbw
Just finished reading on my phone How we Drew it up. Amazing just ordered the book
2023 ADOPT-A-BEAR
KADEN SIERACKI #74
6’8’’ 315 RF WOODLANDS
Big boy is going to put some hurt on big 12 foes
SSadler
Prearknot said:

It seems to me that it is expensive for this book. I really like charity literary projects. I am a fan of old written relics that remind me of the Middle Ages. I recently found a unique review https://freebooksummary.com/category/connecticut-yankee-in-king-arthurs-court of a book about King Arthur. This review is not like a regular canon story. I did not like the author's archival details that prove the existence of typical legends in several ethnic groups. Your project allows you to talk about little-known facts of literary life.

I'm going to need a few more days to parse this statement. The two sentences I've bolded is a doozy for a sports chat board.
Baylor3216
CHP Bear said:

My copy of "How They Drew It Up" by Kendall Kaut just arrived. After first review definitely worth the investment. Great coffee table publication. All I can say is go for it! Or in the words of my father, "He who hesitates has lost." Sorry, should have said "He or she who hesitates has lost."

Amen. And awomen
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.