How Many Times Have You Watched THE GAME?

7,376 Views | 94 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Porteroso
REvansBU71
How long do you want to ignore this user?
And besides the end of the game, what was your favorite moment?

For me:

1. At least 25 times
2. Butler's two 3's to start the 2nd half.
Any Trump

“And if you do-oo.....” - Lt. Hauk
DanaDane
Confession: I"ve watched the full telecast, including the post game, 11 times and I've watched from the player intro through the first 10 minutes of the first half at least 30.
Hotsauce
I've watched the 9-0 run to start the game 182 times.
Gobearsone
I've literally have lost count....but I know I will watch it many more times.
historian
I hate to say this, but I've only watch it a couple times. But I have started rewatching the entire season, or at least the games that are available. Unfortunately, too many are not.

2020-21 games NOT available:

Louisiana-Lafayette
WashingtonSFA
K State (Dec)
Arkansas PB
Alcorn State
Iowa State (Jan)
K State (Big 12 Tourney)
Hartford
Wisconsin
Villanova
Arkansas

If anyone has the means, please post them on YouTube!
Illinois Bear
Watching it yet again now accompanied by some Sunday evening beers. This will NEVER get old.
stripedsand
6 times. One of my favorite parts of the replay is watching Timme skip into the arena and limber up his 'muscles' after his intro while knowing he's about to get destroyed.
REvansBU71
Historian, most, if not all those games are on YouTube, either highlights or full games.
If you have a Firestick, you can get Smart YouTube with no commercials.
You don't have to sign in, and it's free.

With Roku, you can also get YouTube.

Use YouTube Search "Baylor basketball"
I've watched every March Madness game on YouTube, including every Baylor game from Hartford to Gonzaga.
Any Trump

historian
My list is full games on YouTube. And I have Firestick. As I said, there are many games that are not available IN FULL.
NeuroticBear
First 14 minutes of the first half, probably 15+ times.

Second half, probably 20 times.

The Vital block leading to the Flagler 3 to extend the lead to 16 with 12:55 left in the game? About 75 times.
REvansBU71
historian said:

My list is full games on YouTube. And I have Firestick. As I said, there are many games that are not available IN FULL.

Ok, yes, full games are limited.
Any Trump

historian
That was my point from the beginning. Sorry I wasn't clear.
Gobearsone
NeuroticBear said:

First 14 minutes of the first half, probably 15+ times.

Second half, probably 20 times.

The Vital block leading to the Flagler 3 to extend the lead to 16 with 12:55 left in the game? About 75 times.
Yep, that's when I knew for sure we were going to win the national championship. As the announcer said, you can't defend the whole court.
historian
You guys convinced me: watching now!
historian
Watching again now, original broadcast now that it's available.

Question: after Timme got his 4th foul & went out, did he give somebody an obscene hand gesture? I'm not sure but seemed maybe he did so on national live TV.
VKNIGHT
I have to have watched the highlights 50 times by now. Gonna milk this game for all it's worth.
historian
Add a few more to my total. Not getting tired of watching it!
DanaDane
Same here. 4 more full game watches this week.
Timbear
Many. Still watching this week.
DanaDane
2 more times full game and 6 more times watching various parts of the game. I feel like I can almost recite Nantz's, Hill's and Rafftery's lines now.
DrDean
6 times, I think. Just watched the semifinal Houston game again. AMAZING - up by 25 at half. Called off the dogs and won by "only" 19.

In all the years of NCAA playoff basketball, no one has EVER seen as dominate a team as we were in the Final Four. I'm still ecstatic about it.
Louise Romano
Ciao. Mio husband say last play viaggio di Butler, poi il microfono sotto quel cestino ha preso qualcuno che diceva: GET THE F OUT! heared it? Era subito dopo che Kispert ha urlato "Sono andato uomo verticale" penso all'arbitro. Poi JTT inizia a cantare Butler time Butler time. Chi ha detto GET THE F OUT?

I try say person say GET THE F OUT! Hear via microfono under basket. Who say that?
Johnny Bear
DrDean said:

6 times, I think. Just watched the semifinal Houston game again. AMAZING - up by 25 at half. Called off the dogs and won by "only" 19.

In all the years of NCAA playoff basketball, no one has EVER seen as dominate a team as we were in the Final Four. I'm still ecstatic about it.

At least since the Tourney expanded to 64 teams, I sure can't recall another National Champion that had two blowout wins in the Final Four in similar fashion.
historian
I just watched the Villanova game again last night, because I could, but I've been watching parts of the Gonzaga game almost daily. I think I'm due for another viewing of the full game!

It never gets old!!
historian
Watching now
historian
Watching again.

I'm getting tired of hearing the announcers talk about Baylor trying to ruin Gonzaga's perfect season. Not true, Baylor was trying to win a national championship. Our focus was not on them. Also, their season would not have begun "perfect" had they won, they only would have gone undefeated. No doubt they madd plenty of mistakes along the way, even in winning 31 games straight. Also, too many of those wins were against cream puffs, hardly "perfect".

I do like the story about Charlie Barclay calling Mark Vital.
DanaDane
As I've watched it more and more, the part that gets under my skin the most is Grant Hill continuing throughout that first 10 minutes coming up with "tired" and "unfocused" excuses for Gonzaga so he could work in HIS experiences 3 decades ago, when it was obvious from the outset that we were bigger (thicker), stronger, faster, more athletic and just plain better. I was so relieved to hear one media guy after another say after the game that we could play 5 or 10 times and we would win the overwhelming majority of them.
BearlySober
Just watched it again. Probably my favorite game ever.
Task Force 2015
Working toward a googol.
historian
Method Man
I've re-watched the National Title game for purely sadistic reasons.

On the old board I was incessant in letting you all know that conference and state pride was for suckers, and that no one liked us.

I'll say it for the record (and especially for old friend Zebbie). I'm glad Tech lost the 2019 National Title.
I'm glad our women won the 2019 National Title by a single point, and that our men followed up Tech's overtime loss with a dominant win in the National Title game.

I stated this on another thread, but prior to our games against Houston and Gonzaga I scoured the TCU, Tech, Texas, aggy...etc message boards and was quite surprised (NOT) when I saw that the majority of fans of these schools were rooting hard for Gonzaga to put little ol Baylor back in its place.

I've watched that game to just experience the agony of all our haters coming to the realization that the Baylor Bears are the Belle of the Ball, and are forever the 2021 National Champions!!!!!

You are out of your mind if you don't think the inferior schools wish they were getting shout out by Magic Johnson, Dirk Nowitski, Dick Vitale, President Biden, Charles Barkley, Skip Bayless, Stephen A Smith and all the others in the national media.

When I'm at the gym or super market wearing my National Title shirt I've noticed that any person with a TCU, Tech, or A&M shirt goes out of their way to not make eye contact with me once they notice the shirt.

Our rivals are terrified of Baylor becoming the next Duke of college basketball. We have 4 national titles in Men's and women's basketball the past 16 years.

I want to do this again next year in New Orleans in front of thousands of fans.
historian
Watching again.

"The perfect season is on life-support!"
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Baylor3216
Method Man said:

I've re-watched the National Title game for purely sadistic reasons.

On the old board I was incessant in letting you all know that conference and state pride was for suckers, and that no one liked us.

I'll say it for the record (and especially for old friend Zebbie). I'm glad Tech lost the 2019 National Title.
I'm glad our women won the 2019 National Title by a single point, and that our men followed up Tech's overtime loss with a dominant win in the National Title game.

I stated this on another thread, but prior to our games against Houston and Gonzaga I scoured the TCU, Tech, Texas, aggy...etc message boards and was quite surprised (NOT) when I saw that the majority of fans of these schools were rooting hard for Gonzaga to put little ol Baylor back in its place.

I've watched that game to just experience the agony of all our haters coming to the realization that the Baylor Bears are the Belle of the Ball, and are forever the 2021 National Champions!!!!!

You are out of your mind if you don't think the inferior schools wish they were getting shout out by Magic Johnson, Dirk Nowitski, Dick Vitale, President Biden, Charles Barkley, Skip Bayless, Stephen A Smith and all the others in the national media.

When I'm at the gym or super market wearing my National Title shirt I've noticed that any person with a TCU, Tech, or A&M shirt goes out of their way to not make eye contact with me once they notice the shirt.

Our rivals are terrified of Baylor becoming the next Duke of college basketball. We have 4 national titles in Men's and women's basketball the past 16 years.

I want to do this again next year in New Orleans in front of thousands of fans.

If Butler shocks the world and comes back, we will
historian
I know it's crazy, but I'm watching it again!

I have concluded that Matthew Mayer's best moment of the game was taking the charge for Timme's 4th foul.
historian
"The perfect season is on life-support."

"Everything is tough ... for Gonzaga." That defines a great defense.

Praise for Vital.

Too many bad calls against Baylor. But Gonzaga missed a lot of free throws.

"They have been, from the very tip, in control."

More praise for Vital.

"Reality is beginning to set in."
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.