Emoni Bates just dropped his top eight

2,174 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by TWD 1974
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
gobears20
Staff
Five star

2022 class
https://247sports.com/player/emoni-bates-46056542/
setshot
Bates is a great prospect, and for Baylor to be that high in his estimation probably does not mean too much when it comes to his final decision, but it does mean a great deal about where Baylor now stands in the realm of world class recruitment. I am not sure that the Bears have ever really been a legitimate rendezvous for a player of this quality, and it cannot hurt their future on the recruiting trail to have made this list, no matter the outcome.

One of the outcomes of the controversies swirling around OU and Texas leaving the conference, whether sooner or later, will be the use that competing programs will make of it in every sport. Basketball recognition has never been greater than it is now, and there is undeniable momentum in the program. That is all the more reason for the vultures to perch on limbs and eye the opportunities to feast on the instabilities, not of the program, but of the conference of residence.

The departure of two of our most hated rivals will have repercussions, but we won't know how dire those may be until the entire scenario plays out. We can assume that recruiting may take a bit of a hit until the uncertainties are resolved, but basketball will be less affected than football. The men are in far better condition to ride the storm than the women are at this point, and Collen will doubtless have a harder sell than Drew will for obvious reasons.

The new approach to compensation could not have come at a less advantageous time, as well, as far as Baylor athletics are concerned. It now means that holding on to players on the current rosters makes recruitment at home as important as recruitment outside the program. It is a strange new world in college athletics, and one that I am not likely to embrace with any enthusiasm in these, my final years as a fan of college sports.
vanillabryce
Bates was committed to MSU for a long time before breaking it.

Many have compared him to LBJ early in high school.

Definitely interesting set of schools that cover a ton of geography.

Having Bates on campus for just one year at Baylor would be significantt in terms of coverage for Baylor and elevating our status.

MrGolfguy
Seems like green is his favorite color
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
Media Bear
vanillabryce said:

Bates was committed to MSU for a long time before breaking it.

Many have compared him to LBJ early in high school.

Definitely interesting set of schools that cover a ton of geography.

Having Bates on campus for just one year at Baylor would be significantt in terms of coverage for Baylor and elevating our status.
Media Bear
Yes, LBJ looked that way in high school ...
historian
Interesting choices. Baylor is a natural considering the new trophies added to the collection this year.
Baylor3216
What are the other symbols? D League and?
historian
It was easy enough to do a search;

https://www.overtimeelite.com/

I'm already familiar with the G League & assume almost everyone else is too.
fubar
His high school teammate is Dillon Hunter, who has already committed to us. (Class of 2022 for both Hunter and Bates.)
Gunter gleiben glauchen globen
vanillabryce
We are out. His final: G league, Oregon, Memphis, and Michigan State
chukronos
Dang. I was hopeful!
TWD 1974
vanillabryce said:

We are out. His final: G league, Oregon, Memphis, and Michigan State
I believe he also reclassified as Class of 2021. If true, not sure we had a scholarship available.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.