Paul Finebaum: Big 12 basketball 'does not matter' amid talk of realignment

1,624 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by boykin_spaniel
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This should stir the pot a little:

https://247sports.com/college/baylor/Article/Paul-Finebaum-says-basketball-is-irrelevant-in-Big-12-realignment-talk-SEC-Texas-Longhorns-Oklahoma-Sooners--168127075/

This guy says so many foolish things that is easy to ignore him most of the time.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
caesarscott
He's right. On other sports are relevant to realignment talks. Big East was a great league. They busted it up without a thought. Maryland forfeited acc hoops for big10 football money
CTbruin
He's a clown. Just how he became an SEC "expert " is beyond me. He must have pictures.
BearFan33
Paul Finebaum doesn't matter in realignment
Big_Pumpin
It may not matter in that sense, but it does matter to me. We went from dead to champions! My sports life is complete! Because of the national championship, I find myself way more relaxed this time around with the realignment. Whatever. We are champions and Texas and OU suck!
Big_Pumpin
OU and Texas can make a copy of their contract they signed with the SEC and place it in the trophy case that is empty! We gonna hoist trophies and hang banners, suckas. But go head. Chant SEC SEC after every beat down the next two years!
EvilTroyAndAbed
He's not wrong. Basketball does not matter when it comes to realignment.

Which is why I'm not worried about the basketball programs if Baylor goes to the AAC. Drew can still keep Baylor a major player the way Villanova and Gonzaga have been.
RegentCoverup
Does it matter to the SEC business model? No.

But March Madness is a global enterprise worth nearly one billion.

And the further we keep that paid shill away from it, the better.
This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
boykin_spaniel
Finebaum broke some stories back in the day as a journalist but is now just a talking head paid to stir the pot by ESPN. He is right though as a few others have mentioned.
As Gonzaga, Butler(under Brad Stevens), Houston, UConn, VCU, and others have shown, you can be an A list basketball team and not be in a power conference.
Realignment is all about football tv dollars
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.