Keyonte George 2022 Number 1 player

2,442 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by setshot
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
https://247sports.com/college/texas/board/21/Contents/keyonte-george-crystal-ball-to-baylor-168379860/
gobears20
Staff
gobears20
Staff
Number 1 player 2022

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/238303/keyonte-george
TXBEAR_bf
Shows Texas as a leader, not sure where that information is coming from, but I am hoping that this realignment mess doesn't end up playing a part in a decision. Would be amazing to get a player of his caliber to come in and shore up recruiting momentum from last year.
I think Drew can thrive regardless of circumstances, but do get nervous that we won't be able to afford his salary if the league breaks up and the new arena is not going to come to fruition. I really hope we can get it built regardless, but not sure where the dollars would come from. People like me that are buying a brick or two aren't going to get it done.
Ewalker80
Drew has a contract and Baylor will find a way to pay it and increase it. Financial consequences will be more long term and be felt first in non revenue sports. Baylor ain't gonna lose drew because of money or they would pay him before building a new 100 million dollar arena.
DanaDane
Kentucky sites say they've moved on. Say it's a Baylor-Texas fight.
IowaBear
Imagine if Baylor landed him and Bates as 1 year rentals. Wow!! Pipe dream as I think George is UT bound
guadalupeoso
Getting just one of them would be huge. Getting both would be almost incomprehensible. I think these recruits we've been getting lately may see Baylor accomplish their next big step toward basketball "bluebloodishness", which is to have an established star playing in the NBA. We've sent some great players to the NBA. Royce O'Neal, Taurean Prince, all have had good careers as stable role players. But it would be huge for the program to have an all-star/all-nba caliber player in the league. I think several of the players we have now/potentially may get could be those kinds of guys. Very exciting.
guadalupeoso
TXBEAR_bf said:

Shows Texas as a leader, not sure where that information is coming from, but I am hoping that this realignment mess doesn't end up playing a part in a decision. Would be amazing to get a player of his caliber to come in and shore up recruiting momentum from last year.
I think Drew can thrive regardless of circumstances, but do get nervous that we won't be able to afford his salary if the league breaks up and the new arena is not going to come to fruition. I really hope we can get it built regardless, but not sure where the dollars would come from. People like me that are buying a brick or two aren't going to get it done.
Feels like realignment shouldn't disturb our basketball success too much. Pretty much all of our options will allow us to play in leagues that are nearly as competitive or more competitive than the SEC. If the remaining Big 12 teams stays the same, no problem. If we go PAC 12, no problem. If we go AAC, there's a slight drop off but not substantial enough that we couldn't still compete for national titles. Drew has this thing rolling and I don't think realignment can derail it.
DanaDane
NIL will have a bigger impact on our recruiting than the name or reputation of whatever conference we join.
setshot
I watched several videos of George and I can agree with everything Ashley has said about him. He has excellent range on his perimeter shot and a quick release. He has a midrange floater and a quick first step with good acceleration to the basket. He finishes well there with a variety of shots, as well as impressive dunks. He seems to take the challenge of playing against good competition, something that he will see in most of his college contests. He is an explosive scorer and can get bunches of points in a hurry, something that the great ones can do regularly.

He also is a bit of a "floater," at times, and is a little too dependent on his ability to turn the switch on and off as it suits him. As he moves up the competitive ladder he will find that this does not work well for him and I suspect that he will adjust. He appears to me to take pride in his game and this will stand him in good stead against the level of competition awaiting him up ahead. Most high school and AAU coaches do not want their top scorer accumulating fouls which take them out of the game, so the tendency is to relegate the tougher opponents to other defenders. That is understandable, even as it is regrettable. They pros do it as well.

Defensively, he plays the passing lane well, so he has good instincts and a feel for the game at that end of the floor. I would not rate him as more than adequate as a defender, and in the games that I saw he rarely guarded the top offensive opponent. That is an area that will need work as he thinks ahead to the NBA and should he choose Baylor, he will have the opportunity, both in practice and in games, to polish his defensive credentials.

He reminds me a little bit of Bradley Beal in his game, at present, and that is a good thing, because Beal is now one of the premier shooting guards in the game. George has that possibility in his future. The only thing holding him back is whether or not he wants it badly enough. This, too, is where Baylor is a good fit for him. I do not say that as a partisan, but rather as a long time observer of the game. In the past decade the Baylor staff has become adept at turning decent to good defenders into very good to outstanding ones. George needs work on his game and Baylor is an excellent program to help him with that. He would be wise to sign with the Bears, where the atmosphere created by Scott Drew would likely help Keyonte absorb and practice the habits that have elevated the games of so many players before him whose needs were similar.
Aliceinbubbleland
DanaDane said:

Sickening. You just know UT is telling him yayayaya BU. They are gonna be G5. Damn this is where the rubber hits the road.
Wacoraisedbear
247 sports has the crystal ball leaning towards Baylor
gobears20
Staff
gobears20
Staff
Bio. https://sicem365.com/players/9930/keyonte-george
EvilTroyAndAbed
Aliceinbubbleland said:

DanaDane said:

Sickening. You just know UT is telling him yayayaya BU. They are gonna be G5. Damn this is where the rubber hits the road.

What would that have to do with basketball? And if this shakes out the way the calendar says, they'd both be cashing NBA checks before realignment even happened.
gobears20
Staff
gobears20
Staff
gobears20
Staff

setshot
M.J. Rice at #17 is under rated, in my estimation. He is skilled, strong, and tough. I saw him go against Keyonte George and he held his own. Someone is going to get immediate help when he shows up, and I expect to see him in the NBA in due time.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.