Butler article in SLC newspaper

1,643 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by historian
TXBEAR_bf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Good press for JaredJazz are already my number 2, but might replace the Spurs as my number 1 team, especially if Macio makes the cut. This is going to be a great basketball fit for him and he is going to be a great community fit as well.

https://www.deseret.com/2021/7/30/22601142/baylor-bears-guard-jared-butler-impressed-jazz-off-the-court-and-on-justin-zanik-sunday-school
RegentCoverup
People often forget that a 'draft' is inherently NOT in the players' best interest.

Think about it. The best player in the draft, will invariably be chosen by the worst team. And the worst team isn't the worst team because they finished last, they are the worst team because of the following:
  • Bad coach
  • Terrible owner
  • Poor market
  • Bad Teammates.

Adding one player, will not change that.

However you make it into the league, is how you make it into the league. Drafts aren't rankings.

The teams with the best management, usually wins. Whatever you gotta do to get on that team is what works.
This site leaks private information to Baylor Regents and Administration
gobears20
Staff
EvilTroyAndAbed
TellMeYouLoveMe said:

People often forget that a 'draft' is inherently NOT in the players' best interest.

Think about it. The best player in the draft, will invariably be chosen by the worst team. And the worst team isn't the worst team because they finished last, they are the worst team because of the following:
  • Bad coach
  • Terrible owner
  • Poor market
  • Bad Teammates.

Adding one player, will not change that.

However you make it into the league, is how you make it into the league. Drafts aren't rankings.

The teams with the best management, usually wins. Whatever you gotta do to get on that team is what works.
Yep. The average viewer may think Zion Williamson has been a bust, but by every metric, he's been great. He's just in a crappy organization with no stability and a weak supporting cast. Some players can overcome that (young LeBron), but a lot of really good players suffer because of where they are chosen.
gobears20
Staff
TXBEAR_bf
Just a great dude, excited to see his success in the NBA. Hard to not to route for this guy no matter what team you pull for.
historian
Great kid. So happy to see he made it to a good place & with other Baylor people there. I really hope MaCio succeeds there alongside Jared. It will be great to see them do to the NBA what they did to the NCAA, especially in the tournament. I hope Royce mentors them. He's a great talent & obviously can teach them much about playing at that level.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.