Bears in the NBA

1,543 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by historian
CTbruin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Last night:

Butler had 22 and Teague had 4 in Jazz loss to Mavs

MItchell had 13 for Kings

I watched a lot of Jazz game. Butler was very impressive.
vanillabryce
2 games in preseason and Butler has led the Jazz in scoring each game.
TXBEAR_bf
I saw that Jared had 16 in his first preseason game, leading scorer both games so far. Preseason, so know it is not a huge deal, but he is getting a lot of minutes. Hope Macio can stick with them as well.
Franko
2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
2022 (Redshirt Sophomore)
Named second-team Academic All-Big 12 … Played in nine games off the bench, totaling seven tackles, including 1.5 for a loss … Went for three tackles, including a tackle for a loss in the win over Texas State … Had a stop at Iowa State … Had three tackles, including half a tackle for a loss, at West Virginia.
Franko
Butler lobbing to Azubuike just feels wrong

2021-2023 Adopt-A-Bear
Anthony Anywanwu
cumulative stats:
2022 (Redshirt Sophomore)
Named second-team Academic All-Big 12 … Played in nine games off the bench, totaling seven tackles, including 1.5 for a loss … Went for three tackles, including a tackle for a loss in the win over Texas State … Had a stop at Iowa State … Had three tackles, including half a tackle for a loss, at West Virginia.
BearFan33
The Jazz got the steal of the draft.
BluesBear
No doubt. He looks so smooth....that stroke and his hesitation dribble....What a story.
JP1037
BearFan33 said:

Straight up fact. I hope they make it up to him in is second contract. Kid can play. Amazing person on top of that.

Mighty Baylor Bear Royce "Buckets" O'Neal had 12 pts and 8 rebounds in only 17 minutes and he looked strong and confident.
BUCANDOIT82
Butler made everyone look like they were in quicksand. How did he get a reputation for average athleticism?

He hits free agency sooner than all of the first rounders and will more than make up any early deficiency in salary (If healthy).
Jacques Strap
Franko said:

So excited for our former guards. I hope we are all watching a lot of NBA highlights this year.
Mitch Henessey

For reference, Rudy Gobert led all of basketball with a 100.6 defensive rating last regular season (a lower number is better). That's elite stuff.
historian
In San Antonio!
historian
BearFan33 said:

His draft status was delayed due to health concerns, unwarranted as it turned out.
Jacques Strap
Crawfoso1973
BUCANDOIT82 said:

Butler made everyone look like they were in quicksand. How did he get a reputation for average athleticism?

I agree! Butler reminds me of someone like CJ McCollum, average pure athleticism but polished skills, shifty with high IQ and feel for the game. Measurables (size and wingspan), along with pure athleticism (speed and vertical jump) are grossly overrated by NBA scouts which is why there are so many busts every year. Give me a high IQ player who knows how to play every time, over an athletic freak with no IQ or feel for the game.
Porteroso
Both Butler and Mitchell are such great players. Staying the extra year paid off. I think they developed more with Baylor than they would have riding a bench somewhere. Being able to give meaningful minutes day 1 in the NBA allows them to continue that development.

So proud of them.
Mitch Henessey
Jacques Strap
WOW on the video and love the player reaction

BUCANDOIT82
I think Butler's average athleticism reputation comes from playing with Mitchell and Flagler. He is not quicker than them, but they are quicker than everyone else.
historian
I think Buttler was our best shooter.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.