Podcast featuring Scott Drew

632 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by historian
BUCANDOIT82
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://m.soundcloud.com/compass-media/college-hoops-today-with-jon-rothstein-baylors-scott-drew-3?si=16212006ee13403ead352808f12f6a8c
BUCANDOIT82
My biggest takeaway listening to it is he is looking for Jonathan Thcamwa Thcatchoua to takeover Mark Vital's glue guy role. Vital was a starter.

He is also sky high on Flagler and Mayer. He expects LJ Cryer to have a big breakout year (doesn't mean he starts).
Crawfoso1973
BUCANDOIT82 said:

My biggest takeaway listening to it is he is looking for Jonathan Thcamwa Thcatchoua to takeover Mark Vital's glue guy role. Vital was a starter.

He is also sky high on Flagler and Mayer. He expects LJ Cryer to have a big breakout year (doesn't mean he starts).
Also Drew said something about evaluating the team's weaknesses after the 2 upcoming exhibition games. I take this to mean the rotation is wide open and we shouldn't be too concerned about who is starting especially at the beginning of the season. A guy like Thamba might be the nominal starter but still won't play over 15 minutes in my opinion. On the other hand guys like JTT might not start games, keeping in mind Drew likes to play his top 8 guys like starters and the coaches use analytics to find optimal player combinations and roles for players. In some ways I am more excited as a fan this year, just to see how the team gels with so many new and outgoing pieces.
historian
It definitely will be exciting to see how the team gels & develops, & how the new guys fit in. I am definitely eager for the season to begin next month.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.