Goodman #2 team in the nation

1,035 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by DanaDane
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
EatMoreSalmon
Cows chasing the dream...
DanaDane
Two things, both of which can be true:

1. On PAPER, the Horns have a lot of players who have produced at high levels at their prior schools, along with the return a 2-3 guys who have performed well in Austin. Paper doesn't win games though, so the challenge will be if Beard can meld all of those personalities together as a cohesive team in a relatively short period of time. I think they have the potential to be a Top 10-15 team, but don't think they should be ranked where they will be in all the preseason polls.

2. Goodman is as knowledgeable about college basketball as anyone. He's always had one glaring weakness though: always overinflating the value of coaches and players who are his friends. Beard is one of Goodman's buddies.
vanillabryce
They're also my #2. #2 in Texas. #3 in the B12.
historian
Goodman was one of the few who predicted that Baylor would win the title. Still, I don't see them meriting that high a national ranking.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Adriacus Peratuun
#2 team in the nation means lock for Final Four.

List the coaches who have reached the FF their first year at a job.
List the teams that have reached the FF with 9 new players on their roster.
List the teams that have reached the FF their first year in a new offensive or defensive system.

Your lists will be very very very short.

His opinion is absurd. Talent is only one of multiple components contributing to deep Tourney runs.
DanaDane
He likes to claim he had us as #1 the whole time, but that was a fabrication. Here's the link to his original preseason Top 25 in April 2020 that had Gonzaga #1 and Baylor #2. He switched that prediction later in the summer only when he thought Nembhard was gonna be ineligible and Ayayi was contemplating turning pro and going overseas. Notice also he had his buddy Beard #11 in that poll, the one that finished 17-10 and entered the tournament as a 6th seed.

https://watchstadium.com/jeff-goodmans-preseason-top-50-for-2020-21-04-23-2020/
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.