Dick Vitale coming to Waco

8,428 Views | 74 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Fre3dombear
gobears20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Great Baylor Merchandise -> https://bit.ly/2M8DuHk
CTbruin
Bring him to George's. We can learn him some redneck stuff......
Porteroso
That should be a great game. Can't wait.
vanillabryce
Roll out the red carpet for him. Vitale, may not be everyone's cup of tea, but he has been a tremendous ambassador for college hoops and cancer research.

It could also be his last visit.
Adriacus Peratuun
For sheer ****show value, ESPN needs to have one game with only Vitale and Walton on the mikes.

Not much about the game but the random dives into insanity and senility are boundless.
Alf
gobears20 said:

Who knew Vitale was only 43?
blackie
He hasn't been here before, because no matter what the Bears did it was dissed by the national media.
vanillabryce
Now he's coming to see a 2 loss Nova team. Lost a little bit of luster, but still a great test.

Painter has some great pieces like Edey (7'4) and Ivey (6'4 guard with lottery written all over him).
historian
Hopefully he won't ramble on about the Big 10 & other irrelevant topics like he did last year during the Tech game, Senior Day & MaCio Teagu'es 3 point bonanza.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
EvilTroyAndAbed
vanillabryce said:

Now he's coming to see a 2 loss Nova team. Lost a little bit of luster, but still a great test.

Painter has some great pieces like Edey (7'4) and Ivey (6'4 guard with lottery written all over him).

Not sure about that. Nova is a 2-loss team who should still be top 10.
historian
We are 2-0 against Nova all time. Looking forward to seeing if we can make it 3-0.
DanaDane
He was one of the lead dissers for many years, heavily influenced by his relationship with Rick Barnes and Rick Pitino, who both hated Drew.
Alf
How long before he calls Kendall Brown diaper dandy?
Task Force 2015
Not long.
BellCountyBear
He should be in a nursing home with Lee Corso. Good grief.
WestTexSand
Give Dickie V a warm Waco Welcome! Feel him some Vitek's, pour him a Big O, scoop him up a Dr. Pepper float. Smile and be neighborly! Like him or not, he's a legend. My guess he will take time to gush about the AMAAAAZING job Scott Drew did last year, and hopefully Baylor will dispatch Nova quickly and we won't need to hear much of his histrionics.
Jayman1963
https://www.v.org/2021/16th-annual-dick-vitale-gala-raises-over-5m-for-pediatric-cancer-research/

I'm not a huge Dickie V fan but he does great work for cancer research - I thought CSD was speaking at the event but it just mentions him being in attendance
gobears20
Staff
Great Baylor Merchandise -> https://bit.ly/2M8DuHk
CorsicanaBear
Indeed. Give him a warm welcome, tell him thanks, be gracious hosts (always). Then turn off the sound on the TV during the game.
parch
It's hard to believe Vitale hasn't been to Waco once considering the number of marquee games we've had in Waco over the last decade.
Jack Bauer
historian
Classy act by Scott Drew & the team.
Media Bear
vanillabryce said:

Roll out the red carpet for him. Vitale, may not be everyone's cup of tea, but he has been a tremendous ambassador for college hoops and cancer research.

It could also be his last visit.
This.
Hee-hee, hee. Hee-hee, hee. Woo! -- Michael Jackson
A buppa-ba-ba, buppa-buppa-ba. -- Paula Abdul
Say yah-yah-yah. -- John Mellencamp
Ooh-ooh wee-oo ooh-ooh-ooh. -- Mick Jagger/Rolling Stones
De do-do-do. De da-da-da. Is all I want to say to you. -- Sting (Gordon Sumner)/The Police
Ramidi ma-ma ba-di-ma, ramidi ma-ma ba-din-doe. -- David Draiman/Disturbed
C-c-c-c-come on. -- George Michael
People on streets, ee-da-dee-da-dee-da-dee-da -- Freddie Mercury
ScottS
DanaDane said:

He was one of the lead dissers for many years, heavily influenced by his relationship with Rick Barnes and Rick Pitino, who both hated Drew.
Barnes....what a buffoon. Think he enjoyed the 2021 title game?
Jack Bauer

Continuing to fight, in the name of my friend Jimmy V (espn.com)

Quote:

I will not be courtside for Tuesday's Jimmy V Classic, the first time since the classic started in 1995 that I will not be able to take part. It saddens and hurts me to know I will not be able to join my friends Dan Shulman, Jay Bilas and Holly Rowe on the call of Tuesday's Tennessee/Texas Tech and Syracuse/Villanova games at the mecca -- Madison Square Garden.

My medical team would not allow me to make the trip because of the intense chemotherapy treatments I had over two days this weekend at the Sarasota Memorial Hospital's Brian D. Jellison Institute Oncology Center. The dosage of my chemotherapy was increased, and the 72 hours after the chemo was a very tough time. My doctors told me the side effects might be rough, and they were right on the money -- those included severe stomach pains, a tough time swallowing, flu-type symptoms and inability to sleep. I am happy to report that my medical team was also right when they said the side effects from the chemotherapy would subside.

I have a much better idea now of what people face in their journeys while attempting to recover from a cancer diagnosis. It is a never-ending battle in getting to that finish line where you can hear those magic words that you are now cancer-free.
My heart goes out to all the kids I have met over the years who have dealt with this terrible disease, including at my annual gala dedicated to pediatric cancer research. The side effects I just dealt with make me wonder how in the world these youngsters can get through months of these treatments. In addition to the toll on the children, I can't even imagine how their families can handle watching their children suffer through chemotherapy and feel almost helpless.

In my case, I have blood work Wednesday and a scan to determine whether my white blood cell count has gone up. If it has, I will then be cleared to do the Villanova vs. Baylor game Sunday at 3 p.m. ET on ABC. My team is very optimistic, and I am praying they are right again.

GruntTuff
Dick Vitale is one hellacious good guy. He has been phenomenal for college hoops.

I so hope he and Holly Rowe can be in Waco, and that one or both of Drew's folks can be there as well.

Vitale is living life the way it should be lived.
EvilTroyAndAbed
BellCountyBear said:

He should be in a nursing home with Lee Corso. Good grief.
The dude is fighting cancer. Lighten up.
Jack Bauer
Look who will be at his next Gala.

gobears20
Staff
ColoradoGRN&GLD
DanaDane said:

What cause did Pitino have to hate Drew?
Oso del lago
ScottS said:

DanaDane said:

Barnes....what a buffoon. Think he enjoyed the 2021 title game?

I bet he sat there like a bug eyed Nosferatu spazing and foaming at the mouth. TaTa Rick
MrGolfguy
gobears20 said:

This is great news that DickieV will be in Waco,
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
Jack Bauer
https://instagr.am/p/CXXVB_grxMI
Jack Bauer
TenBears
Drew seems to adore him.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.