***#11 Baylor at Texas Tech - Game Thread***

8,765 Views | 108 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by historian
SSadler
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Concerning Andrews and national awards, unless Collen runs her out there as the starting point and leaves her there for 35 minutes per game, I doubt she will gain much more than conference recognition, with national attention maybe at the "honorable mention" level.

This is not a criticism of our coach. But for Sarah Andrews the time and season is NOW to prove she's Lieberman prospect worthy. Let her find her game this year, display it fully as a junior next year, and then her senior year the national awards will follow.

(I can also be consulted for any other rotation advice, offensive and defensive schemes, who sits in which bench seats--any thing and every thing related. Just ask me)
ScottS
Mulder said:

The Bears held off the Lady Raiders and secured the W. Good for them!

Were you cheering?
blueeyedbear
baylorbear33 said:

WestTexSand said:

Now, Sadler, West Texas folks are generally congenial, forthright people. I know the Red Raider football fans can be obnoxious, but during the Marsha Sharp days the WBB crowd was not so bad.
Then Kristy Bug Eyes entered the scene and let her players mug and thrash opponents with impunity.

Respectfully disagree here - I was a Lady Bear during the Marsha Sharp years, and the fans were horrible. Shouting obscenities, threatening Baylor fans, etc. AND this was when TT was pounding us by 40-50 points. I can't imagine what it would have been like if it was a close game. Not gonna lie, the game many years later where Griner clocked one of the TT players was retribution for so many of us.
It was TTU Kristy Curry who started and encouraged the mug a Griner technique that others emulated and then that highly respected coach at Thug U took to another level in the NCAA Tournament upset. The refs in that TTU game were as copiable as Britney for the incident for letting that rough play go on and no foul calls.
I thought CMC and Griner missed a golden opportunity after Britney clocked Barncastle because the refs were letting Barncastle get away with way too much physicality. I thought CKM should have done the "apology" interview on ESPN and then show the nation what Britney was having to go through every game - they should have showed Britney's arms loaded with scar's from fingernail's scratching her. That was why Britney started wearing the white long sleeve's under her uniform - lot of fans thought it was to cover up her tattoos - only partially true. Then there were the bruise's on her ribs and back from thrown elbows.
The national exposure might have enlightened the refs to protect Britney more and the Louisville mugging might never have happed. Oh what could have happened !!
Brock actually got football blocking pads and they would pound Britney in practice so she learned to finish bunnies vs hard contact !!!!
Side note: Lot of Baylor fans do not like her but it was Rebecca Lobo who at half time of the Louisville game that got the word to the refs that they were embarrassing themselves and women's basketball by their non calls.
historian
I always thought Rebecca Lobo did a pretty decent job of covering Baylor. At least that's what I've seen in the last few years.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.