Team Roster to date

11,656 Views | 58 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Eball
fredbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
No certain order

Returning
Jaden Owens
Sarah Andrews
Ja'Mee Asbury
Kendra Gillispie
Caitlin Bickle
Andrea Katramados (non scholarship)

Recruited
Darianna Littlepage-Buggs
Ysabella Fontleroy
Kyla Abraham
Catarina Ferreira

Transfer
Dre' una Edwards
Jana Van Gytenbeek
Aijha Blackwell
Tylerbear
So who starts?

What is the ceiling for this team? Floor?
Wbbfan29
I think we would have to wait and see if we get more transfers.
Brusinbear2001
i think off-season will be about growing and competing. and now we have the bodies we have leaders that understand what is going on. I think it has the potential to be great!!
Wbbfan29
If we get blackwell or Morris, I think we will have the potential to be a great basketball team.
Lynnp550
We have 11 players. After this past season that looks like a deep bench to me. Okay, I know it is not, but sooo improved already.

Wbbfan29
I agree, I'm already excited because depth was definitely an issue last year.
SirBearALot
15 Big 12 Women's BB League Championships in a row and still counting after they graduate !!!!
BaylorBears_254
fredbear said:

No certain order

Returning
Jaden Owens
Sarah Andrews
Ja'Mee Asbury
Kendra Gillispie
Caitlin Bickle
Andrea Katramados (non scholarship)

Recruited
Darianna Littlepage-Buggs
Ysabella Fontleroy
Kyla Abraham
Catarina Ferreira

Transfer
Dre' una Edwards
Jana Van Gytenbeek

Andrews, Asberry, Buggs, Edwards, Blackwell as starters.

Really like what i see from Buggs, reminds me of Didi somewhat.

Bickle first off bench, Owens and the others follow.

Really would like to get the transfer Morris to give us another guard/scoring guard and improve our depth.
ScottS
I'd say Reece plus the best big available to close it out.
Wbbfan29
Did Reece secretly commit or something? Am I missing something. Why does everyone keep adding her ?
WacoKelly83
Wbbfan29 said:

Did Reece secretly commit or something? Am I missing something. Why does everyone keep adding her ?

I think it's just a lot of wishful thinking.
fredbear
Hoping we can find lots of balance and shared minutes with this crew. When one player carries to much of the load (BG, Lyssa, Lee, k st) defenses focus on one player to win the game, especially if threes are cold. BALANCE. Next man up on any given night. Shared scoring. Great mix of ladies we have here!
Wbbfan29
Okay gotcha, thanks
ScottS
Wbbfan29 said:

I did find this on the boneyard....[url=https://the-boneyard.com/threads/new-school-commitments-by-transfers.180838/post-4297121][/url]

Deundra Edwards is following Louisville Players and Coach Collen of Baylor if that means anything. She also just started following Angel reese ...hmmm

ScottS
....though someone else on there wondered if she was visiting ND this weekend.
MRPorter7635
Don't sleep on Jana. Girl is a serious baller. Loves the assist and can shoot the 3 when needed. Quality player.
Lynnp550
ScottS said:

Wbbfan29 said:

I did find this on the boneyard....[url=https://the-boneyard.com/threads/new-school-commitments-by-transfers.180838/post-4297121][/url]

Deundra Edwards is following Louisville Players and Coach Collen of Baylor if that means anything. She also just started following Angel reese ...hmmm

Dre'una Edwards?
ScottS
Lynnp550 said:

ScottS said:

Wbbfan29 said:

Dre'una Edwards?

Yeah they typed it wrong
SirBearALot
If you were Andrea K, would you hang around with this full roster ? She got very little playing time with the short roster and now her services seem more limited. She deserves credit for what she did last season for sure. Just being an extra player on the bench was useful.
slimecap
SirBearALot said:

If you were Andrea K,
would you hang around with this full roster ?
She got very little playing time with the short roster and now her services seem more limited.
I would hang around to be with
the Grit Caitlin Bickle Future leader in her chosen profession
the Glam Jaden Owens Future sports broadcaster
the Gifted Sarah Andrews Future WNBA player

Building Life Skills via peer osmosis
BU82EX
Roster starting to reflect our coach. I know she wants big guards 6'0+ and she is recruiting that. I'm curious about our post presence, or lack thereof. CNC may prefer to play a 5-out type offense, similar to what we see in the NBA and thus go with a smaller lineup, but you will need some space eaters to do the dirty work defensively. Bickle can't do it alone and Gillispie doesn't seem quite ready.
blueeyedbear
slimecap said:

SirBearALot said:

If you were Andrea K,
would you hang around with this full roster ?
She got very little playing time with the short roster and now her services seem more limited.
I would hang around to be with
the Grit Caitlin Bickle Future leader in her chosen profession
the Glam Jaden Owens Future sports broadcaster
the Gifted Sarah Andrews Future WNBA player

Building Life Skills via peer osmosis
Well Yes I would if I was her - She knows she is not WNBA material - she plays the game because she loves it. She had a great experience last year ! The sheer joy of her teammates when she hit that 3 was/is what college athletics should be all about and seldom is.
Lets assume she wants to be on the team next season:
For CNC there is no downside - AK is a player who is non scholarship and does not expect one - so no $$$ from the WBB budget, AK knows why she did not get many minutes last season and she was fine with that and she knows she would probably get less minutes next season (Check that - with this currant roster she might actually get more minutes as I expect wider margins of victory next season). The scholarship players love her and respect her - she is great for team chemistry. The fans pull for her to be successful and its a great College Basketball story for ESPN come playoff time that puts Baylor in a very good light and we can never get enough feel good stories at BU.
I do not know if she wants to - but I personally would love to see her on the team.
Adriacus Peratuun
SirBearALot said:

If you were Andrea K, would you hang around with this full roster ? She got very little playing time with the short roster and now her services seem more limited. She deserves credit for what she did last season for sure. Just being an extra player on the bench was useful.
If she intends to go into coaching, yes.
If not, no.

The time commitment: practice, games, travel, etc. is huge.
With a deep roster, playing time would be de minimus.

While 1 year is a wonderful experience, repeating that same experience seems questionable absent a future career reason.

But maybe she loves the game that much.
jumpinjoe
There comes a point in time that she will begin to start recognizing that it's a job, and she is underpaid for the amount of time and effort she puts in. That is when she will begin to question her ongoing participation.

I speak from experience as a walk on. Back in my day, walk-on's were given jobs in the athletic dining hall to earn meals, working two shifts a day. That first year you're excited just being around all athletes, but after a while you realize if you are performing better than those you are serving who are on scholarship, something is out of reason. Then you begin to see all the restrictions put on your time compared to nonathletes, and begin to wonder if it's worth it. I was ready to give it up after my sophomore year… until Coach Hart put me on full my junior year because I earned it.

Then the rest of the story. Had I quit, I would not be a 4 time All SWC, 3 time silver medalist and school record holder in track & field.
Joined BaylorFans in 1999 under username jumpinjoe. Have always been Jumpinjoe. Proud 4 Year Baylor letterman and 1968 graduate and charter member of Quartermiler U, produced school record in 400 IH.
blueeyedbear
jumpinjoe said:

There comes a point in time that she will begin to start recognizing that it's a job, and she is underpaid for the amount of time and effort she puts in. That is when she will begin to question her ongoing participation.

I speak from experience as a walk on. Back in my day, walk-on's were given jobs in the athletic dining hall to earn meals, working two shifts a day. That first year you're excited just being around all athletes, but after a while you realize if you are performing better than those you are serving who are on scholarship, something is out of reason. Then you begin to see all the restrictions put on your time compared to nonathletes, and begin to wonder if it's worth it. I was ready to give it up after my sophomore year… until Coach Hart put me on full my junior year because I earned it.

Then the rest of the story. Had I quit, I would not be a 4 time All SWC, 3 time silver medalist and school record holder in track & field.
I was thinking about you and a couple of others when I posted - You did it right man - love true to life stories like this.
historian
The team is playing for championships, Big 12 & national. That can be a big motivation for a lot of people.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Roster on the site is up to date
fredbear
Link?

I'm still getting old roster.
fredbear
https://sicem365.com/baylor-womens-basketball/roster
BU71
fredbear said:

What a difference a year makes! Last year's team ended with nine players, five were 6'0" or taller. This year's team has fourteen players, nine players 6'0" or taller. We will be taller, longer and as or more athletic. They look a lot more like the team CNC is building toward. I am anxious to see how well and how fast they gel.
Lynnp550
BU71 said:

fredbear said:

What a difference a year makes! Last year's team ended with nine players, five were 6'0" or taller. This year's team has fourteen players, nine players 6'0" or taller. We will be taller, longer and as or more athletic. They look a lot more like the team CNC is building toward. I am anxious to see how well and how fast they gel.
2022-23 Team, by height:

Ja'Mee Asberry. 5-5
Sara Andrews 5-6
Jana Van Gytenbeek 5-7
Jaden Owens 5-8
Andrea Katramados 5-10
*Aijha Blackwell. 6-0
Caitlin Bickle 6-0
*Darianna Littlepage-Buggs 6-1
*Catarina Ferreira. 6-1
*Dre'una Edwards. 6-2
Kendra Gillispie. 6-2
*Bella Fontleroy. 6-2
*Erika Porter 6-3
*Kyla Abraham. 6-4

* = new to team

Out of high school, eight were ranked on hoopgurlz/espn in the top 10 at their position.
Counting the days!
GelaBear
Lynnp550 said:

BU71 said:

fredbear said:

2022-23 Team, by height:

Ja'Mee Asberry. 5-5
Sara Andrews 5-6
Jana Van Gytenbeek 5-7
Jaden Owens 5-8
Andrea Katramados 5-10
*Aijha Blackwell. 6-0
Caitlin Bickle 6-0
*Darianna Littlepage-Buggs 6-1
*Catarina Ferreira. 6-1
*Dre'una Edwards. 6-2
Kendra Gillispie. 6-2
*Bella Fontleroy. 6-2
*Erika Porter 6-3
*Kyla Abraham. 6-4

* = new to team

Out of high school, eight were ranked on hoopgurlz/espn in the top 10 at their position.
Counting the days!

This is impressive! CNC, staff and team have put together a great roster. It's GreaterThan!
historian
High expectations!
HoustonBear15
I wonder how the minutes get split. That's a lot of talent and and a lot of emotions to manage.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.