Smith and Egbo lead Indiana to victory in first preseason game.

8,872 Views | 55 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Adriacus Peratuun
Cp2310
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Smith barely missed a double double with 10 points and 9 rebounds.
GarlandBear84
That's a very nice stat line for Queen! Lyss needs to shoot better than 5-14.
Eball
Queen with a double double off the bench.
Lynnp550
That is AWESOME!!! So proud of both - and they each have their Baylor jersey numbers.
BUbearinARK
Love it!
Cp2310
She was in at crunch time too.
Dcheetah

Aijha liked this last post
Task Force 2015
4 of the 5 rookies nave a national championship ring.Baylor Stanford and South Carolina are well represented.
bearmission8
NaLyssa and Queen are setting the nets on fire I got Indiana …..Fever !!!!
GarlandBear84
In their second game Smith had 18/3 in 27 minutes and Egbo 11/9 in only 15 minutes.
BaylorBears_254
Only preseason, but people thought I was out of my mind when I said that Queens game translates better in the WNBA.

Eball
Yes we did! But so happy for Queen.
Eball
The box at ESPN is/was incomplete queen played mor minutes and got in double figures with rebounds.
Dcheetah
Good write-up on new Fever W players

GarlandBear84
I read the article. I've got a hunch the Fever won't even win six games and will remain in last place, but I'll be pulling for Smith and Egbo. I have a feeling all these confident rookies will soon be saying how tough the league is.
GarlandBear84
The Fever got blown out in game one. Smith and Egbo both had some fouls trouble. Smith finished with 13 and 13. Egbo had 10 and 6.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
GarlandBear84 said:

The Fever got blown out in game one. Smith and Egbo both had some fouls trouble. Smith finished with 13 and 13. Egbo had 10 and 6.

Good showings in the production, but as you said, the Fever are going to need some seasoning
Cp2310
Blown out??? A veteran Washington team vs a young Indiana team. Check out the free throw and turnover stat lines. Veteran teams, especially a team with a future HOF player usually get the calls. As the team matures they will clean up the turnovers.
SABaylorFan
It's also worth noting that Washington led by 15 (31-16) at the end of the first quarter and ended up winning by 14, so Indiana actually out scored the Mystics over the last three quarters. They also cut the lead to 6 points in the 4th quarter before Washington went on their final run.
DanaDane
Smith looked fine on offense. No surprise there at all. She's a natural scorer with the ball. Smith looked really weak on D, getting beat time and time again off the dribble. Just as I thought, she's got a fairly big adjustment to make on D since she really didn't face the level of offensive talent or athleticism very often in college that she will face each night at the WNBA level. She's always been able to get by with just rebounding and then coasting on her natural athleticism on D. That won't cut it in the WNBA. She'll get there. She's just an incredibly talented young lady.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Free throw difference in the game
GarlandBear84
Fever lost again today to Sparks. Smith played 28 and put up 13/9 on 6-12 shots. Egbo played only 14 due to foul trouble and produced 5/4. Whoever was guarding Cambage couldn't stop her as she scored 22 in 22 minutes.
HoustonBear15

Nalyssa was made for the moment. So much confidence as a rookie.
baylor1984
GarlandBear84 said:

Fever lost again today to Sparks. Smith played 28 and put up 13/9 on 6-12 shots. Egbo played only 14 due to foul trouble and produced 5/4. Whoever was guarding Cambage couldn't stop her as she scored 22 in 22 minutes.

This is the story of Queen's career under both KM and CNC.
GarlandBear84
The Fever beat the Lynx. Smith had 9/5/3 and Egbo 4/8/0 off the bench.
Baylorkid
GarlandBear84 said:

The Fever beat the Lynx. Smith had 9/5/3 and Egbo 4/8/0 off the bench.

I was impressed queen had 5 steals and 3 blocks
Brusinbear2001
i think they forgot to mention her going down with a ankle injury. That was more of it not so much foul trouble.
Heart
Any update on Queen?
GarlandBear84
GarlandBear84
Fever won again this time over NY Liberty. Smith and Egbo dominated the boards with 17 and 14! They also scored 12 and 8. Richards scored two for NY.
Chibears2
That's dominating the boards pretty dang well!
Dcheetah
Heart
Love this for Queen and NaLyssa!
GarlandBear84
Raise your hand if you predicted Queen would be starting in the WNBA this season?
I didn't think so. Neither did I.
blueeyedbear
GarlandBear84 said:

Raise your hand if you predicted Queen would be starting in the WNBA this season?
I didn't think so. Neither did I.
I just would like to know - where was the light switch and who found out how to turn it on - OH MY OH MY what could have been !!
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.