Bella

1,887 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Dcheetah
blueeyedbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What an amazing, mature, intelligent high quality person as well as a really good basketball player who with her work ethic is only going to get better !! I think we are getting a first peek at BU's next National POY - CNC really hit a home run on this one - and by her own admission CNC started from way behind other schools to get her to BU - Fantastic recruiting job !! Then add the other quality recruits on board and CNC is not done yet...........
To all the CNC critics - I hope you take a breath now and give this lady and the staff she put together the credit they deserve - next years team is going to be FUN to watch !!! I might even renew my season tickets I cancelled after the Oregon State post game "team meeting"

From Bella's BU announcement.
bellafontleroy
The game of basketball has so much more to offer than just what's in between those 94 foot lines. The lessons you can learn about who you are as a person, leader, and teammate are endless. The game itself is a literal choose your own adventure where you get to decide your impact and outcome based on work ethic, attitude and willingness to learn. My favorite thing this game has to offer are the relationships you build with the coaches, teammates and supporters who remind you at your lowest points that there is growth in the grind and that you have the potential to be great. And then there's the doubters, they play a key role as a special type of fuel that adds to that flame inside you driving you to reach that greatness. Thank you! Thank you also to my parents for introducing me to the game. A special thank you to my father who helped me create the foundation that allows me to build and grow my game each day. Thank you to my mom who has coached me in the game of life and reminds me this game is an amazing conduit to reach and pour into others as I grow myself. Thank you to my siblings for being my biggest cheerleaders and traveling to every gym in the nation to cheer me on. Thank you to every Coach I have encountered in the game so far - I've managed to take something from each of you that has taught me valuable life lessons.

To this point I have made so many amazing relationships, my recruiting process has been no different. A special thank you to all the coaches who have believed in me and took the time to establish connections with me. The knowledge you have shared with me has been invaluable and I know this game has a crazy way of keeping us connected so I look forward to crossing paths again!

As for what's next for me, I am excited to share that I have made the decision to continue my academic and athletic career at Baylor University!
#walkbyfaithnotbyfear #IronSharpensIron #SicEm #COMMITTED

Fontleroy's decision comes after weeks of visiting different universities across the country including Texas Tech, Arizona, Arkansas and Virginia Tech. She also held offers from Missouri State, Louisville, North Carolina, Mizzou, Oklahoma and Stanford among many others.
"I need to be somewhere where I could potentially be the next 40 years of my life or the rest of my life," Fontleroy told the News-Leader during an in-depth interview in July. "I need to just be at a place with great resources educationally and job-wise, like with internships, and just developing those relationships. It all goes back to the relationship and connections that you make and then, of course, leadership and being able to give back."
GarlandBear84
Assuming she wrote that herself she's not your average recruit.
blueeyedbear
GarlandBear84 said:

Assuming she wrote that herself she's not your average recruit.
I have talked to her in person - she is that mature and intelligent !!!
GelaBear
Listening to CNC describe Bella, I would say it would be safe to assume those are her words and thoughts. BU WBB will be fortunate to have her and others.
Dcheetah
That was from Bella's announcement and it was written well before CNC made her comments. Blue's comments are from his direct firsthand impressions. Nevertheless, it appears she will be a great culture fit and is very talented. I suspect she will be a fan favorite.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.