Baylor announces seat selection process for Foster Pavilion

4,935 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by canoso
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?

May 11, 2022
"Baylor Athletics announced the seat selection process for the Paul and Alejandra Foster Pavilion on May 11, 2022. The new home for Baylor's national championship men's and women's basketball teams is set for construction to begin in June 2022 with a target opening of January 2024.

The Foster Pavilion and Development Center will be built along the Brazos River on the west side of Interstate-35, adjacent to the University's Clifton Robinson Tower, which will remain. This innovative project will spark a transformation of Baylor's presence on the riverfront of University Parks Drive. There will be two phases in the seat selection process for Foster Pavilion. To join either phase, you must be an active member of the Bear Foundation and a season ticket holder for the 2022-23 season.

Phase One consists of seven giving tiers, beginning at $50,000 to the Give Light Capital Fund, which can be donated over a maximum of five years. Ranking within each tier will be based upon the Bear Foundation priority ranking system. All capital gifts are tax deductible and are separate from Bear Foundation membership and season ticket cost. The deadline to make a capital gift to be placed into Phase One is March 31, 2023. Fans who wish to discuss a capital gift can complete the form here.

Phase Two is made up of season ticket holders who do not make a capital gift, and will be prioritized based on the Bear Foundation priority ranking system. Seat selection for both phases is expected to occur in the summer of 2023.

A parking garage will be located near the pavilion, and spots will be assigned based on Bear Foundation priority and ranking. Game day shuttles will also be available. Baylor Athletics will be working with the city of Waco and one of the nation's premier planning and design consultants to create a comprehensive transportation management plan.

The best way to obtain season tickets in the Foster Pavilion is to join Phase Two by becoming a season ticket holder in the Ferrell Center for the 2022-23 season. Phase One participants will select seats, in order of respective tiers, before Phase Two. Season ticket holders of the 2022-23 season will then be prioritized based on Baylor Bear Foundation ranking. Those interested in purchasing new season tickets in the Ferrell Center can complete an interest form here.

More information on Phase One and Phase Two is available on the newly-launched Foster Pavilion website.

The project scope for Foster Pavilion and Development Center will include:
  • A 223,547-square-foot facility
  • Capacity for 7,000+ fans including standing-room-only areas for approximately 500 spectators
  • Two separate premium club spaces at a combined 8,500 square feet
  • Two 2,000-square-foot video end boards
  • Visiting locker rooms with the flexibility to accommodate two to four teams
  • Development Center for Baylor's championship women's and men's basketball teams, including:
    • Private entrance and elevator, separate practice courts, dedicated locker rooms and team lounges
    • Office facilities for each coach and administrators
    • Shared sports performance-related spaces, including strength and conditioning, athletic training/treatment, hydrotherapy, nutrition and more
  • Enhancements for the arena to support additional events, such as concerts, performances and public events, including stage rigging, full catering kitchen and cooking capability, additional dressing rooms for performers and related offices"

- Baylor WBB website
GarlandBear84
Based on the season ticket numbers for men and women it seems likely that everyone with season tickets should be able to get them in Foster.
GelaBear
I agree and this is certainly true with WBB. where is a significant question. Giving first priority to people who give big $.
Big guy
Has anyone heard what will happen to the Ferrell Center? Kept for Volleyball....torn down....?
GarlandBear84
Big guy said:

Has anyone heard what will happen to the Ferrell Center? Kept for Volleyball....torn down....?

It'll still be used for graduations, VB, A&T, etc.
T-REX
GelaBear said:

I agree and this is certainly true with WBB. where is a significant question. Giving first priority to people who give big $.
That's always been the case at every school
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
GelaBear
Yep.
SonOfZuno
And yet again, money and greed rule the day at Baylor.

Long time season ticket holders, even those with perhaps great riser level center court seats, will be booted from their seats and pushed out to worse seats in favor of people who swoop in for the new shiny toy and give (new) "capital level gifts" in addition to our long-standing foundation gifts. We are being strong-armed to give even more money to the school just to keep what we've earned and enjoyed over the years when many alumni/fans didn't support the program at all.

Wrong wrong wrong on so many levels Baylor. Alumni and longtime fan loyalty is no longer valued or rewarded....only today's cold hard cash is. It started with McLane, and now worsens with Foster.

A sad testament to today's money-focused college institutional landscape.

Buh Bye
T-REX
SonOfZuno said:

Long time season ticket holders, even those with perhaps great riser level center court seats, will be booted from their seats and pushed out to worse seats in favor of people who swoop in for the new shiny toy and give (new) "capital level gifts" in addition to our long-standing foundation gifts. We are being strong-armed to give even more money to the school just to keep what we've earned and enjoyed over the years when many alumni/fans didn't support the program at all.

Wrong wrong wrong on so many levels Baylor. Alumni and longtime fan loyalty is no longer valued or rewarded....only today's cold hard cash is. It started with McLane, and now worsens with Foster.

Buh Bye
donation levels will always trump longevity. This isn't unique to Baylor and has always been the case even before mclane. If u were a new donor and came in & offered 50k a year for example, you were gonna get better seats than someone giving less even if they had given for 50 straight years. The entire purpose of ticket/seat priority to to reward giving. People give more to get better seats. Otherwise donations would be way less across the board, which is not beneficial to any athletic program. Nobody is gonna give a lot of money if they can't have good seats.

Does it negatively effect others? Sure but that is the game you knowingly participate in. Exact reason I currently donate more than what us required to have my seats so I could secure those specific seats. I wanted the opportunity to get them so I donated what I felt would be needed to get the spot in line I wanted & could afford, much to my wife's distaine. I also plan to move up a giving level next spring in anticipation of foster to again better position myself.

End of the day, I as much as anybody appreciate loyalty to the program. However, loyalty doesn't keep the lights on. Money does. You simply can't tell someone "sorry we don't have a seat for you but please write us a check for 100k anyway." Those capital gifts help actually build the place for the rest of us to enjoy. I'm by no means even close to a big donor. I don't really give that much in the grand scheme of things but I have zero concern about being able to secure season tickets. I got tickets for the 1st time last season and was able to get reserved seats after winning a natty.

Yes we will have less seats available and it likely will sell out so u will need to up your giving some most likely if you are a very very low level donor, especially if you give the bare minimum required for your specific seats. However Baylor giving requirements are very generous, especially football. Majority of seats require only a $25 annual gift per seat. That is comically low. And to be mad at Baylor for allowing people to write big checks & get good seats is a weird hill to die on imo. Big money is necessary to build the place and like I said, those people need a reason to write the check. Simply loving Baylor doesn't always get ink to paper.

Simply put, I appreciate anybody that gives a capital level gift because I and every other fan directly benefit from it. I also appreciate every member of the bbf regardless of giving amount because every dollar counts. But if you are personally worried about getting seats, I'd suggest reviewing your current bbf priority level. If you are not already a season ticket holder for bball, then you better get them for the upcoming season or you won't be able to get seats unless you are making a capital gift pretty much. But turning your back on the program simply because you fear bigger donors taking your seats is ridiculous.
Baylor MBA 2023
SonOfZuno
T-REX said:

SonOfZuno said:

Buh Bye
donation levels will always trump longevity. This isn't unique to Baylor and has always been the case even before mclane. If u were a new donor and came in & offered 50k a year for example, you were gonna get better seats than someone giving less even if they had given for 50 straight years. The entire purpose of ticket/seat priority to to reward giving. People give more to get better seats. Otherwise donations would be way less across the board, which is not beneficial to any athletic program. Nobody is gonna give a lot of money if they can't have good seats.

Does it negatively effect others? Sure but that is the game you knowingly participate in. Exact reason I currently donate more than what us required to have my seats so I could secure those specific seats. I wanted the opportunity to get them so I donated what I felt would be needed to get the spot in line I wanted & could afford, much to my wife's distaine. I also plan to move up a giving level next spring in anticipation of foster to again better position myself.

End of the day, I as much as anybody appreciate loyalty to the program. However, loyalty doesn't keep the lights on. Money does. You simply can't tell someone "sorry we don't have a seat for you but please write us a check for 100k anyway." Those capital gifts help actually build the place for the rest of us to enjoy. I'm by no means even close to a big donor. I don't really give that much in the grand scheme of things but I have zero concern about being able to secure season tickets. I got tickets for the 1st time last season and was able to get reserved seats after winning a natty.

Yes we will have less seats available and it likely will sell out so u will need to up your giving some most likely if you are a very very low level donor, especially if you give the bare minimum required for your specific seats. However Baylor giving requirements are very generous, especially football. Majority of seats require only a $25 annual gift per seat. That is comically low. And to be mad at Baylor for allowing people to write big checks & get good seats is a weird hill to die on imo. Big money is necessary to build the place and like I said, those people need a reason to write the check. Simply loving Baylor doesn't always get ink to paper.

Simply put, I appreciate anybody that gives a capital level gift because I and every other fan directly benefit from it. I also appreciate every member of the bbf regardless of giving amount because every dollar counts. But if you are personally worried about getting seats, I'd suggest reviewing your current bbf priority level. If you are not already a season ticket holder for bball, then you better get them for the upcoming season or you won't be able to get seats unless you are making a capital gift pretty much. But turning your back on the program simply because you fear bigger donors taking your seats is ridiculous.
I never said I was mad.

Buh Bye
T-REX
SonOfZuno said:

T-REX said:

SonOfZuno said:

Buh Bye

I never said I was mad.

Buh Bye
your entire post consists of you *****ing.
Baylor MBA 2023
TxRainMkr
I'm trying to understand the numbers. Let's say I join the Bear Foundation at the Golden Level that's $5000. Then I get four mens basketball Sideline tickets at the Pavilion, and that's a $2500 seat option per seat so that's $10,000. Then I buy the four men's basketball season tickets. The Bear Foundation membership and seat option contribution is separate and annual? So I would be paying $15,000 per year plus the cost of the season tickets?
canoso
TxRainMkr said:

I'm trying to understand the numbers. Let's say I join the Bear Foundation at the Golden Level that's $5000. Then I get four mens basketball Sideline tickets at the Pavilion, and that's a $2500 seat option per seat so that's $10,000. Then I buy the four men's basketball season tickets. The Bear Foundation membership and seat option contribution is separate and annual? So I would be paying $15,000 per year plus the cost of the season tickets?
I'm not sure anyone was supposed to publicly ask this question.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.