Big 12 happenings

1,134,179 Views | 5531 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by slimecap
Pale Rider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BUBBFAN said:

Pale Rider said:

buildabear1 said:

Our gals? WOW

Seriously? Wow.
Way to much sensitivity. Everything has to be taken as a negative.

Are you referring to me or buildabear?
historian
buildabear1 said:

Our gals? WOW
Absolutely, the Lady Bears are our team and ladies that represent Baylor in the best fashion. It's a term of endearment & admiration. I don't understand why anyone would be bothered by that.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Wichitabear
What's your problem buildabear?
Florda_mike
Wichitabear said:

What's your problem buildabear?

Alotta Idiocracy floating these days
slimecap
slimecap said:

CBS SPORTS: NEVER-TOO-EARLY TOP 25
May 6, 2020

12. Iowa State

For comparison
ESPN Way-Too-Early Top 25 by Charlie Creme
March 25, 2020

16. Iowa State
buildabear1
It's not a term of endearment as you would like to think, but a rascist term. Condone by most of you on this form. I come here because I like the lady bears basketball team, and put up with a lot of crap. But i will call out the problem when i see it.
buildabear1
And who You referring to?
buildabear1
Main reason some of the others left this site. Not because there family members graduated , but because of the remarks made towards their family member and members on the team after the white house visit., And other things.
historian
There is nothing racist about it. That is a ludicrous assertion--especially since the team has players and coaches of multiple ethnicities. And we all put up with a lot of crap on these boards.

It's a shame that some people go too far on these boards. Some can be overly critical of the players and coaches or of posters whose opinions they disagree with. I try to be respectful of everyone even when I disagree.
buildabear1
Wichitabear
buildabear1 said:

It's not a term of endearment as you would like to think, but a rascist term. Condone by most of you on this form. I come here because I like the lady bears basketball team, and put up with a lot of crap. But i will call out the problem when i see it.
I had no idea it was a racist term. Thank you for bringing that to our attention
historian
How could a term be racist if applied to all women of all ethnicities? We are all members of the human race. And it's not sexist either. It's like calling men "guys."
geewago
Wichitabear said:

buildabear1 said:

I had no idea it was a racist term. Thank you for bringing that to our attention
Don't feel alone wichitabear. I've never ever known it to be racist. But times are changing you know.
Dcheetah
How is gals considered racist? That is a common Texas or western U.S.general expression for females and has been for years. I have never heard it used to specifically indicalte females from any race..
historian
Good grief! Aren't there real issues out there causing problems in America?

We still have a lockdown/quarantine because of a disease unleashed on the world by the incompetence of the Chinese communist dictatorship. And now, American cities are being traumatized by criminals who feel entitled to loot, vandalize, and attack people. And their excuse is the horrible and tragic death of an innocent man. How many innocent people must suffer because of their actions?
Pale Rider
historian said:

Good grief! Aren't there real issues out there causing problems in America?

We still have a lockdown/quarantine because of a disease unleashed on the world by the incompetence of the Chinese communist dictatorship. And now, American cities are being traumatized by criminals who feel entitled to loot, vandalize, and attack people. And their excuse is the horrible and tragic death of an innocent man. How many innocent people must suffer because of their actions?
Plus 1.

God bless.
slimecap

2020-21 NON-CONFERENCE SCHEDULE
vs Texas A&M

"Texas and Texas A&M will play during the 2020-21 season. A date and time for the game have not been announced, but the showdown will occur in Austin. According to a Texas source, the Longhorns will play a game in College Station during the 2021-22 season.

Texas holds a 62-23 lead in its series with Texas A&M. These basketball programs, however, have not met frequently since Texas A&M left the Big 12 ahead of the 2012-13 school year. Texas and Texas A&M haven't played since UT recorded a 67-65 win in Little Rock, Ark., on Dec. 21, 2014. The Aggies last traveled to Austin in 2012."

- Danny Davis, Austin American-Statesman, 28 May 2020
buildabear1
Lol, how many have to suffer because of the criminals in blue killing blacks. This is the very talk that keeps America divided. You and the ones that cosign your rhetoric keeps up anger and division. You think the young ladies you Cheer on aren't affected by the tragedies. Go to social pages and look. Trust me i know I'm alone in the fight on this page. Yes I'm African American Man. Better yet don't go to there page you may decide not support them gals.
historian
buildabear1 said:

Lol, how many have to suffer because of the criminals in blue killing blacks. This is the very talk that keeps America divided. You and the ones that cosign your rhetoric keeps up anger and division. You think the young ladies you Cheer on aren't affected by the tragedies. Go to social pages and look. Trust me i know I'm alone in the fight on this page. Yes I'm African American Man. Better yet don't go to there page you may decide not support them gals.
Valid point. Too many people suffer because of the criminal behavior of others, whether dirty cops or rioters/looters. I am in complete agreement with you there. If more Americans would learn to live by Christ's commandments ("You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind, and your neighbor as yourself.") then these terrible things would not happen, or at least not as often. That's the particularly frustrating aspect of all of this: at happens too often. There are too many selfish people acting out their selfish desires without regards for others. I think the vast majority of cops are decent people and are likely angered by what that one bad cop did just as I'm sure there are plenty of black people who do not identify with the handful who are engaged in rioting or looting. The problems transcend race since we are all sinners and all capable of doing horrible things to one another. The only answer I know of is to treat each other with love as Christ commanded, and with respect.

No doubt the black players in Baylor sports (WBB, MBB, VB, FB, etc.) are hurting. I cannot imagine the depth of their pain as I am not black. However, regardless of these facts (maybe even more so because of them), I will continue to support those fine young women and men who represent Baylor so well. It's not just their athletic prowess, it's also how well they respond when they are being interviewed before, during, ,and after games. They generally answer questions intelligently and with class, often expressing their faith as well. They are examples of young people with character strengths that represent their families and communities well.
buildabear1
We can agree on this.
Wichitabear
buildabear1 said:

We can agree on this.
Now maybe you can come to the board more. We do love our lady bears.
Pale Rider
buildabear1 said:

My dear passionate and intense young brother. Your stereotype in your response betrays the valid point you are trying to make.
Please show me the "rhetoric" I have use that fosters "anger and division" and I will apologize profusely for it.
You have no idea who I am or my background or the life I have led.
So please be careful that in YOUR anger you do not violate your own values.
God bless and be with you.
Pastor Frank Ward
buildabear1
No disrespect pastor, again why is it always the black man is so angry. That the attitude that gets us killed. Just because i Express my feeling. Remember when Kap tried to do it silently their was a problem, so please tell us how to express ourselves that want make you think were angry and violent.
buildabear1
No disrespect pastor, again why is it always the black man is so angry. That the attitude that gets us killed. Just because i Express my feeling. Remember when Kap tried to do it silently their was a problem, so please tell us how to express ourselves that want make you think were angry and violent.
buildabear1
Pale Rider
I said nothing about being violent my brother. And I myself am very angry with respect to the injustice, disunity and hatred in our society today and any day. God's word says, "in our anger do not sin. And do not let the sun go down on your anger. "
Anger is like fire, it can be constructive or destructive. When we label people, stereotype people or in any manner treat people with bias or prejudice it makes me very angry. When any person resorts to stereotype, presumption or labeling others unfairly, it's a sign of misplaced anger or simply ignorance. I am not saying that about you, I am only speaking in general principle.
Sorry for the sermon.
God bless you and your family.
blueeyedbear
buildabear1 said:

Give me a rational explanation of how "Our Girls" is Racist !! I do not think you can.
Wichitabear
blueeyedbear said:

buildabear1 said:

Give me a rational explanation of how "Our Girls" is Racist !! I do not think you can.
The word gals is what he was referring to
BUBBFAN
I am of the older generation, and no disrespect, but I think historian is in that group also. Gals was a fairly common term used in our generation when referring to females. Much like the term dame was for the generation just ahead of us. It was never a term of disrespect.
slimecap
slimecap said:

slimecap said:

CBS SPORTS: NEVER-TOO-EARLY TOP 25
May 6, 2020

12. Iowa State
For comparison
ESPN Way-Too-Early Top 25 by Charlie Creme
March 25, 2020

16. Iowa State

Both CBS & ESPN polls ranked Baylor #5

The polls were released before the Baylor commitment of Stanford graduate transfer DiJonai Carrington.
Eball
People sin been that way since Adam and Eve won't change no matter how hard we try as people or think we have it figured out...people have always hated other people just because they are different that will never change show me any minority group through out the ages that did not feel oppressed at some time or the other by a majority group...sometimes maybe most times justified. This recent incident as bad as it is/was and the protests , riots and looting will not bring about changes in how people feel or act...you can change all the laws you want and attempt to control peoples actions and feelings to some degree but the only real change will occur when peoples hearts are changed. I see way too many Christians more interested in politics than heart change...

As much as some may claim police brutality is limited to race it is not it may happen because of race on occasion but Bad cops just like bad people really don't care about anyone else just themselves and gratifying their sin issues...I have had countless friends and clients complain about conduct of law enforcement folks and Judges over the years most have been white...I have handle race discrimination cases and reverse race discrimination cases...it happens.

We have plenty laws and the constitution and bill of rights to help anyone of any color or status redress wrongs but it does not stop wrongs from happening because people are sinners.

Nothing inflames a majority more than their belief that someone is getting preferential treatment...think everyday Joe and Corp fat cats, think uneducated v educated think, social economic differences, minorities who get treated differently in order to protect their status in a job, school or whatever so the institution can show it is not being discriminatory.

People who break the law and do wrong should be punished and brought to justice but when you deal with imperfect people you will always have failures.

Bias prejudice and sympathy we all have them.

I just wish more of us would be interested in making heart change.
slimecap

ASSISTANT COACH CHANGE
Texas Tech > Missouri State

Alysiah Bond joined the Missouri State coaching staff on May 1, 2020.

Bond most recently spent the 2019-20 season at Texas Tech, where she assisted the Red Raiders to their best Big 12 finish in 7 seasons and mentored All-American and WNBA draft pick Brittany Brewer. Bond was on staff at Michigan State from 2015-19.

- Missouri State WBB website, 1 May 2020
BUBBFAN
Eball said:

People sin been that way since Adam and Eve won't change no matter how hard we try as people or think we have it figured out...people have always hated other people just because they are different that will never change show me any minority group through out the ages that did not feel oppressed at some time or the other by a majority group...sometimes maybe most times justified. This recent incident as bad as it is/was and the protests , riots and looting will not bring about changes in how people feel or act...you can change all the laws you want and attempt to control peoples actions and feelings to some degree but the only real change will occur when peoples hearts are changed. I see way too many Christians more interested in politics than heart change...

As much as some may claim police brutality is limited to race it is not it may happen because of race on occasion but Bad cops just like bad people really don't care about anyone else just themselves and gratifying their sin issues...I have had countless friends and clients complain about conduct of law enforcement folks and Judges over the years most have been white...I have handle race discrimination cases and reverse race discrimination cases...it happens.

We have plenty laws and the constitution and bill of rights to help anyone of any color or status redress wrongs but it does not stop wrongs from happening because people are sinners.

Nothing inflames a majority more than their belief that someone is getting preferential treatment...think everyday Joe and Corp fat cats, think uneducated v educated think, social economic differences, minorities who get treated differently in order to protect their status in a job, school or whatever so the institution can show it is not being discriminatory.

People who break the law and do wrong should be punished and brought to justice but when you deal with imperfect people you will always have failures.

Bias prejudice and sympathy we all have them.

I just wish more of us would be interested in making heart change.
Heart change is the only change that will make a difference.
slimecap

May 20, 2020

@BrianEstridge Zooms with @TCUwbasketball head coach @RaeganPebleyTCU discussing the amazing season that ended too soon, what to expect next season & even her thoughts on #TheLastDance!

Link
https://twitter.com/TCU_Athletics/status/1263265751898587137?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1263265751898587137&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fsicem365.com%2Fforums%2F4%2Ftopics%2F10794%2F77
Russell Gym
EVERYTHING - LOVE = NOTHING
First Page Last Page
Page 77 of 159

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.