Big 12 happenings

1,134,035 Views | 5531 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by slimecap
historian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Russell Gym said:

EVERYTHING - LOVE = NOTHING

"If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing."

I Corinthians 13:3
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
slimecap

2020 WNBA FINAL ROSTER
Rookies from the Big 12
May 26, 2020

Atlanta Dream
Texas Tech Brittany Brewer 6-5 F

Indiana Fever
Baylor Lauren Cox 6-4 F
slimecap

NAISMITH MEMORIAL BASKETBALL HALL OF FAME
2020 Enshrinement Ceremony

Jerry Colangelo, Basketball Hall of Fame chairman, told ESPN that the 2020 enshrinement ceremony will be delayed until 2021 because of the coronavirus pandemic. The ceremony was to have taken place in Springfield MA on Augist 29, 2020.

"We're definitely canceling," Colangelo told ESPN. "It's going to have to be the first quarter of next year. We'll meet in a couple of weeks and look at the options of how and when and where."

2020 HOF inductees include Kim Mulkey, Kobe Bryant (deceased), Tamika Catchings, Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Barbara Stevens, Eddie Sutton (deceased) and Rudy Tomjanovich.

- AP, 27 May 2020
slimecap

PRE-SEASON NON-CONFERENCE SCHEDULING

The NCAA allows for 2 preseason games
either a closed-door scrimmage against a Division I opponent or an exhibition game open to fans against a non-Division I opponent.

- Geoff Grammer, Albuquerque Journal, 5 May 2020
Wichitabear
Slimecap, you have done a good job trying to keep this thread on track. Lol Stay with it. Bless your heart. We appreciate all the hard work you do bringing us news of Women's Basketball.
Pale Rider
Absolutely always.
Florda_mike
Yep
setshot
Slimecap is the best, and it's not even close.
BaylorGrad&Dad
It's great that we appreciate Slimecap, and every time someone comes on this board and questions why she posts all things concerning women's basketball, I find it quite funny because I know that 99% of this board will eat that uninformed poster alive, and it usually only takes 5-10 minutes.
historian
BaylorGrad&Dad said:

It's great that we appreciate Slimecap, and every time someone comes on this board and questions why she posts all things concerning women's basketball, I find it quite funny because I know that 99% of this board will eat that uninformed poster alive, and it usually only takes 5-10 minutes.
Exactly.

Why should anyone question her posting this stuff? It is the WBB forum after all!

Slimecap, please keep up the great work!
Born_A_Bear
Historian, exactly. Why would anyone reading this forum question Slimecap?
Wichitabear
Omg!!!! Nobody is questioning what she has put on the board!!! I was praising her for keeping the positive flow and news going. Omg!!! It's ok. I'm going to come beat y'all up. Shut up.
historian
That's the question I was asking. Look at my post and the quote.
slimecap
Hi Wichitabear, Pale Rider, Florda_mike, setshot, BaylorGrad&Dad, historian & Born_A_Bear,
Thank you for your kind words
slimecap

1993 NCAA NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP TEAM
Noel Johnson

"Longtime Midwestern State women's basketball coach Noel Johnson, the point guard for Texas Tech's 1993 national championship team, has died. She died Tuesday following a 14-month bout with ovarian cancer at the age of 47. Johnson was enshrined into the Texas Tech Hall of Honor in 2005, the Texas High School Basketball Hall of Fame in 2018 and the Southwest Conference Hall of Fame in 2019.

As a player at Texas Tech from 1991 to '95, Johnson helped the Lady Raiders to four consecutive Southwest Conference championships and the NCAA Sweet 16 each of those four seasons. They won their only national title in 1993.

Johnson's 159 wins in 12 seasons as Midwestern State's coach were the most in program history. She coached her last game Jan. 30 but was part of the team's senior night Feb. 22. The Mustangs won the Lone Star Conference championship in 2013, when they made the first of three consecutive NCAA Division II tournament appearances."

- AP, 9 June 2020

https://texastech.com/news/2020/6/9/womens-basketball-lady-raider-basketball-mourns-passing-of-noel-johnson.aspx
slimecap

2019-20 season
Florda_mike
slimecap said:

^^^ Hardest workers in the conference!
Pale Rider
Sheesh, that's outstanding.
Wichitabear
Impressive
beardoc
slimecap said:

Noel Johnson

"Longtime Midwestern State women's basketball coach Noel Johnson, the point guard for Texas Tech's 1993 national championship team, has died. She died Tuesday following a 14-month bout with ovarian cancer at the age of 47. Johnson was enshrined into the Texas Tech Hall of Honor in 2005, the Texas High School Basketball Hall of Fame in 2018 and the Southwest Conference Hall of Fame in 2019.

As a player at Texas Tech from 1991 to '95, Johnson helped the Lady Raiders to four consecutive Southwest Conference championships and the NCAA Sweet 16 each of those four seasons. They won their only national title in 1993.

Johnson's 159 wins in 12 seasons as Midwestern State's coach were the most in program history. She coached her last game Jan. 30 but was part of the team's senior night Feb. 22. The Mustangs won the Lone Star Conference championship in 2013, when they made the first of three consecutive NCAA Division II tournament appearances."

- AP, 9 June 2020

https://texastech.com/news/2020/6/9/womens-basketball-lady-raider-basketball-mourns-passing-of-noel-johnson.aspx
Shot over 50% from three point range for her career.
Florda_mike
slimecap said:

Hi Wichitabear, Pale Rider, Florda_mike, setshot, BaylorGrad&Dad, historian & Born_A_Bear,

You're welcome

And thanks for getting thread back on topic recently

Not an easy task these days
Pale Rider
Much love in Christ sis.
You are perhaps the most valuable contributor to this board.
God bless.
BaylorGrad&Dad
Uh, what do you mean, 'perhaps'? It ain't even close!!
Pale Rider
BaylorGrad&Dad said:

Uh, what do you mean, 'perhaps'? It ain't even close!!

So right of course.
gold rewards
My heart goes out to Ms. Johnson's family. My sister died of ovarian cancer and I know the pain they have been through. Blessings and prayers.
historian
slimecap said:

Thank you for all your updates.

Quote:

Noel Johnson

- AP, 9 June 2020

So sad. Such a young age.
BaylorGrad&Dad
Any idea when the WBB and MBB 2020/21 schedules will be published?
historian
In the last couple of years, it was not announced until a few weeks before. Ordinarily, I would not expect any details until August or September. Given how unusual this year has been, it might be later. At least we have some details about the Big 12/SEC challenge (at least for WBB).
slimecap
Hi florda_mike, Brother Pale Rider, BaylorGtad&Dad and historian,
Thank you ! Wishing you a wonderful Thursday.
slimecap

2020-21 NON-CONFERENCE SCHEDULE

Head coach Bill Fennelly said that they "could play in a tournament in Florida that is one of the best non-conference tournaments in the country"

Word on the street is that he was describing the 8th annual Gulf Coast Showcase being held November 27-29, 2020. Officially, the tournament website has not issued a news release that has announced teams participating in the event. Stay tuned

- Quote was from article by Sam Stuve, Iowa State Daily, 9 April 2020
Florda_mike
slimecap said:

2020-21 NON-CONFERENCE SCHEDULE

Head coach Bill Fennelly said that they "could play in a tournament in Florida that is one of the best non-conference tournaments in the country"

Word on the street is that he was describing the 8th annual Gulf Coast Showcase being held November 27-29, 2020. Officially, the tournament website has not issued a news release that has announced teams participating in the event. Stay tuned

- Quote was from article by Sam Stuve, Iowa State Daily, 9 April 2020

Hi to you too, slimecap and hope you have great day too

There's some women JUCO teams here in NW Florida I'd love seeming Iowa St play
Pale Rider
Hi sis and blessing to you and yours.
slimecap
historian
May God bless you!
slimecap

COURTNEY PARIS
Salary announcement

"OU Board of Regents will decide the salary of newly hired Oklahoma women's basketball assistant coach Courtney Paris. . The agenda, released Wednesday, says the regents will decide upon an annual salary of $110,000.

Head coach Sherri Coale hired Paris, Coale's former star center, on May 13 after the departure of former assistant coach Coquese Washington.

In Paris' time with OU, she accumulated 2,729 points and 2,034 rebounds, a program record that still stands. Paris was the No. 7 pick of the WNBA, and retired from a decade-long professional basketball career this year."

- Clark Safely, OU Daily, 17 June 2020
First Page Last Page
Page 78 of 159

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.