Big 12 happenings

1,134,064 Views | 5531 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by slimecap
Pale Rider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jumpinjoe said:

Don't recognize the lapel pin... is she nurse, doctor, medic? Looks like she jumps out of planes.

Airborne.
Very excellent.
slimecap

DIDI RICHARDS
August 15, 2020

B.A. Communication. Corporate Communication Track.
Accomplished in 3 years.
Sic 'em DiDi !
Florda_mike
Starts my day with a smile

I see a great future for Didi
57Bear
jumpinjoe said:

Don't recognize the lapel pin... is she nurse, doctor, medic? Looks like she jumps out of planes.
Veterinarian

slimecap

2021 VERBAL DECOMMITMENT

Anahi Lee Cauley 6-0 G Kent School Kent CT has announced her decommitment from Texas Tech. Previously offered by West Virginia.

- Raoul twitter feed, 24 Aug 2020
ronnah371
The Oklahoma Fan Forum reported that McKenna Treece announced in April 2017 on her instagram account that "my body physically can't last long enough to finish my senior season on the court. .. I'm sad it's over." >Kodi nox
slimecap

BIG 12
2021 RECRUITING
Kendra Gillispie

6-2 Forward Harding Charter Prep HS Oklahoma City, OK
Announced her top 5 schools: Colorado, Kansas, Marquette, Oklahoma State & TCU

- Raoul twitter feed, 29 Aug 2020
slimecap

2022 RECRUITING
Ta'Niya Latson

5-8 Guard Westlake HS Atlanta GA
Ranked 2022 HoopGurlz #33 Overall and #5 Guard

slimecap

WNBA
Te'a Cooper

historian
Too bad Lauren isn't in a position to have a similar impact. Different team, different circumstances.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Wichitabear
historian said:

Too bad Lauren isn't in a position to have a similar impact. Different team, different circumstances.
yep. I feel like they need a new coach.
slimecap

FORMER ASSISTANT COACH
2006-13

"Former WNBA player and Vanderbilt Associate Head Coach Shereka Wright has been named UTA's 10th head women's basketball coach. Wright, a Texas High School Hall of Fame member and former longtime assistant coach at Texas Tech, brings her impressive resume to the Lady Mavericks after spending two seasons (2018-20) with Vanderbilt, five years at Alabama (2013-18) and seven campaigns in Lubbock (2006-13).

Wright began her coaching career at Texas Tech and was responsible for the perimeter players, recruiting, scouting, academics and equipment. She helped the Lady Raiders advance to the postseason five times, and posted 20+ win seasons each of the last three years including advancing to the NCAA Tournament twice."

Link for entire article
https://utamavs.com/news/2020/9/4/shereka-wright-tabbed-to-lead-uta-womens-basketball-program.aspx
slimecap

TRANSFER OUT
Iowa State > University of Montana

- UMontana WBB twitter feed, 27 Aug 2020
slimecap

BIG 12
2022 RECRUITING
Amina Muhammad

6-3 Forward DeSoto HS DeSoto TX

Offered by
Alabama, Arizona, Auburn, Georgia, Houston, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Mississippi State,
North Carolina, TCU, Tennessee, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Virginia Tech & Wichita State

- Raoul twitter feed, 7 Sept 2020
slimecap

GRADUATE TRANSFER IN
Texas Tech > Kansas State

Sydney Goodson 5-9 Guard Liberty Christian HS Argyle TX
Hadyguy
Any happenings at Iowa State? They seem to always have the Baylor card.
historian
I really would like to see the Lady Bears go 18-0 in conference play again. It was very irksome that they lost their last game, in Ames.
baylorbear33
Hadyguy said:

I'm thinking we might have a wolf in bears clothing here between this and the TxTech stir.
geewago
Hadyguy said:

Yeah buddy, they've lost 9 of their last 10 to Baylor. Have you seen how many Big 12 titles in a row the Lady Bears have won? Based on your 5 posts it's hard to believe you give a hoot about BU Womens basketball.
blueeyedbear
geewago said:

Hadyguy said:

Yeah buddy, they've lost 9 of their last 10 to Baylor. Have you seen how many Big 12 titles in a row the Lady Bears have won? Based on your 5 posts it's hard to believe you give a hoot about BU Womens basketball.
I do not understand why Hadyguy is posting here either. Hit the road jack an don't come back no more no more hit the road jack
slimecap

BIG 12 Alums in the WNBA Playoffs

No. 6-seed Chicago Sky (1st round vs. Connecticut)
Alexis Prince, Baylor

No. 1-seed Las Vegas Aces (Bye to Semifinals)
Danielle Robinson, Oklahoma

No. 3-seed Los Angeles Sparks (1st Round Bye)
Te'a Cooper, Baylor

No. 4-seed Minnesota Lynx (1st Round Bye)
Bridget Carleton, Iowa State
Odyssey Sims, Baylor

No. 8-seed Washington Mystics (1st round vs. Phoenix)
Ariel Atkins, Texas
Sug Sutton, Texas
historian
There are bound to be occasional trolls here. They come here because they are jealous of the success of the Lady Bears (which speaks for itself). The fact that Iowa State won the last game the Lady Bears played must give them some satisfaction although, as pointed out, it was only 1 after a whole bunch of losses. No doubt Kim will have our team well prepared for the next time we play them. I don't think one game indicates anything trend-wise.
Florda_mike
Hadyguy said:

Ok, we'll need to keep an eye on you

Joined September 15

5 posts(1deleted)

All basketball and objective and only 1 semi pro Baylor but not really, just a Baylor mention

As I said, I'll be watching newcomer Hadyguy on this board

Who's "Hady?"
Hadyguy
You must be Kims troll. lol If I have Baylor in the final 4 then what does that mean?
Hadyguy
But who won Last Year? Who used to OWN the Big 12 basically ? Iowa State. If you all don't like open discussion then you all are not real sports fans. I'm not even putting Baylor down , I just know Iowa State always has Baylor's card. Its a game until Kim starts really coaching. I don't know what happened last year.
slimecap
NON-CONFERENCE SEASON
Announcement by NCAA

historian
Hadyguy said:

But who won Last Year? Who used to OWN the Big 12 basically ? Iowa State. If you all don't like open discussion then you all are not real sports fans. I'm not even putting Baylor down , I just know Iowa State always has Baylor's card. Its a game until Kim starts really coaching. I don't know what happened last year.
The Lady Bears had the Big 12 title wrapped up long before they travelled to Ames. Winning one game, even the last of the season, does not make a team conference champs. The Lady Bears have won that title several years in a row. They have also one the Big 12 tournament title for almost every year this decade.

The Lady Bears own the Big 12. Texas let their HC go because she could not beat Baylor. Other schools might do the same. For non Baylor fans, that might be a bitter pill to swallow for those of us who are Lady Bear fans--hence this forum--it's great news. Fans of other teams who have trouble with those facts should probably stay away from these boards.
historian
Hadyguy said:

You must be Kims troll. lol If I have Baylor in the final 4 then what does that mean?
The last time there was a Final Four, 2019, the Lady Bears were there. There were no other Big 12 teams in Tampa. The Bears went on to beat ND for the national championship. The banner is hanging in the Ferrell Center.

A few reminders:

My favorite moment, postgame:

Here is the full game, for anyone who cares to watch:

Adriacus Peratuun
Hadyguy said:

The word "own" doesn't mean what you think it means.
Adriacus Peratuun
For your edification, this is what the word "own" means...
Bone Squad
Hadyguy said:

Come on.

Iowa State has won the conference only one time. It has won the conference tournament only twice. Saying that ISU used to own the Big 12 is simply indefensible. If you want to say Oklahoma used to own the Big 12, fine.

Saying that Iowa State always has Baylor's card is similarly insupportable. Here is the record over the last 5 years (in reverse order):

ISU by 1
BU by 21
BU by 18
BU by 13
BU by 15
BU by 29
BU by 40
BU by 31
BU by 26
BU by 37
BU by 16

And sure, ISU won the last contest. Congratulations to them. The pattern in this series, however, has not been trending in their favor. At all.

You can have open discussion all you want. You can cheer for the Cyclones all you want. Heck, before UT picked up Vic Schaefer, I would have said Bill Fennelly was no worse than the third best coach in the conference (I put Mike Carey second). However, if you are going to make factual claims that are preposterous, you will be refuted. That doesn't make everyone else "not real sports fans."
historian
In the 2019 Big 12 Tournament, the Lady Bears defeated Texas Tech, K State & Iowa State. Here is a great video with excerpts from their postgame comments. Note what Bill Fennelly said:

At least we can say that he was somewhat prophetic. (See the 3rd video in my earlier posting for the trophy ceremony.)
blueeyedbear
Adriacus Peratuun said:

For your edification, this is what the word "own" means...
Man you do do your homework !! They say a picture is worth a 1,000 words, This chart must be a 1,000,000 words then . Says it all !!! Nice work finding all the other charts as well.
Historian did a nice stroll through memory lane video presentation as well.
Hadyguy called me a Mulkey Troll. Well I would be hard pressed to find someone else better to be a troll for so I will take that as a compliment.
Piece of advice for Hadyguy when you post something on this board that is as far out in left field as Iowa State has BU's number or Iowa State owns BU you are going to be challenged and hard.
historian
blueeyedbear said:

Hadyguy called me a Mulkey Troll. Well I would be hard pressed to find someone else better to be a troll for so I will take that as a compliment.
Piece of advice for Hadyguy when you post something on this board that is as far out in left field as Iowa State has BU's number or Iowa State owns BU you are going to be challenged and hard.
Some Iowa State fan coming onto a Baylor fan board with blatantly false & incendiary comments is the very definition of a troll. And all Baylor WBB fans are Mulkey fans because she is undeniably one of the greatest coaches in the history of the sport (her record speaks for itself) and she has done so many great things for Baylor.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!
Hadyguy
Oh you Baylor fans get your leaf out the tree!
How old are some of you? Do some of your homework , ISU used to OWN the Big 12. It was OU and ISU going back and forth, not Baylor.

I think i said It's a game until Kim starts really coaching. In other words, Kim is a great coach. Look at what she has done at Baylor.
First Page Last Page
Page 83 of 159

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.