Big 12 happenings

1,134,187 Views | 5531 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by slimecap
Pale Rider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Hadyguy said:

Oh you Baylor fans get your leaf out the tree!
How old are some of you? Do some of your homework , ISU used to OWN the Big 12. It was OU and ISU going back and forth, not Baylor.

I think i said It's a game until Kim starts really coaching. In other words, Kim is a great coach. Look at what she has done at Baylor.

We are so fortunate to have you bring us all up to speed. I don't know how we survived before you showed up with your vast knowledge. Thank you sir.
57Bear
10 posts and on ignore already!
historian
Hadyguy said:

How old are some of you? Do some of your homework , ISU used to OWN the Big 12. It was OU and ISU going back and forth, not Baylor.

I think i said It's a game until Kim starts really coaching. In other words, Kim is a great coach. Look at what she has done at Baylor.
Check out Adriacus Peratuun's post from 3:57 on 9/18/20 for all the relevant data. The graphics even make it easy. Hint: lots of orange means dominance, as in the Baylor Lady Bears own the Big 12 for the past decade.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
Florda_mike
57Bear said:

10 posts and on ignore already!

^^^ New world record?
Bone Squad
So let's see. Bloviate, make facially absurd statements without evidentiary support, see clear factual information disproving your claims, come back and repeat the same absurd statements still without citing any evidence whatsoever or addressing any of the evidence which has been used to refute you.

I don't think this is how conversations work, my guy.
historian
That's why they call them trolls.
slimecap

UPDATE ON UCONN MATCH UP
Sept 18, 2020

As NCAA announces a framework for season
big nonconference play question remains for UConn

"The NCAA took a meaningful step Wednesday in announcing a framework for the 2020-21 college basketball season, including a Nov. 25 start date and stipulating how many games each school must play. But there's over nine weeks until Nov. 25. A lot can change between now and then, and so many important features of this season remain to be determined. The next step, though, is for conferences to decide how to proceed, a decision that will have significant implications for the UConn women, who more than most programs heavily rely on playing a strong nonconference schedule.

Per a Courant source, Big East coaches and athletic directors met virtually Thursday to flesh out ideas, which include moving up the start date of conference play to mid-December so that teams can play all 20 league games. The conference is also considering having all 11 teams play at a single site for as long as two weeks.

In addition to playing in the Hall of Fame Women's Challenge at Mohegan Sun Arena, the UConn women were set to host Maryland, Arkansas-Little Rock, Dayton and South Carolina. The Huskies were scheduled to travel to Notre Dame, Virginia, Tennessee and Baylor.

Given the conference's apparent preference to play the full 20-game league schedule, UConn may only have room to play 5 nonconference games, including the two in the Hall of Fame Challenge (women's basketball teams can play 23 regular season games plus a multiteam event or 25 without one). For reference, the NCAA recommended schools schedule at least four nonconference games, and the minimum amount of games total they can play is 13.

For now, it appears that the Hall of Fame Challenge is still on and will be played in a bubble environment at Mohegan Sun. But what about their other nonconference games? It goes without saying that nonconference matchups are huge for the UConn women. It's where they boost their strength of schedule and players get experience facing off against better teams than they face in the Big East, preparing them for the NCAA Tournament. The Huskies thus have a large incentive to, if feasible and safe, keep as many big matchups i.e. against Maryland, Notre Dame, South Carolina, Tennessee and Baylor on their schedule as possible.

But UConn can't proceed until conferences primarily the Big East but also those of its opponents decide how many conference games to play. Reports last week said that some ACC coaches didn't want to hold nonconference competition this season, which is why the conference proposed an all-inclusive NCAA Tournament that's unlikely to happen. Still, if the ACC were to go through with that, it would take away UConn's matchups against Notre Dame and Virginia.

And for UConn and other Connecticut schools, how will the state's travel restrictions impact who and where they can play? Gov. Ned Lamont was asked Thursday whether the UConn women's team would have to quarantine after playing away games in states on Connecticut's travel advisory list. But for now all eyes are on what the Big East decides as well as the Big Ten, ACC and Big 12."

Link for entire 18 Sept 2020 article
https://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-womens-basketball/hc-sp-uconn-women-ncaa-news-20200918-20200918-ji2war55hngblca6edxyfdrusy-story.html
historian
Thanks for the info. Hopefully, we will still get our UConn game in Waco. I greatly enjoyed the 2019 game.

Wichitabear
Hadyguy said:

well they don't now! Yes, look what she's done for Baylor. What are you trying to get at?
Florda_mike
historian said:

Thanks for the info. Hopefully, we will still get our UConn game in Waco. I greatly enjoyed the 2019 game.

Thanks for this!
historian
You're welcome!

historian
I don't know why I did not think about this later, but we should just ignore the obvious troll. It's just a childish effort to get attention and they will likely stop their tantrum if they see they are not getting any results. We have more than adequately refuted everything said even though the facts are well known.
57Bear
historian said:

I don't know why I did not think about this later, but we should just ignore the obvious troll. ...
What do you mean "we should"? He's been on ignore since his 10th post.
historian
Obviously, that's meant for anyone who has not done so yet.
Florda_mike
historian said:

I don't know why I did not think about this later, but we should just ignore the obvious troll. It's just a childish effort to get attention and they will likely stop their tantrum if they see they are not getting any results. We have more than adequately refuted everything said even though the facts are well known.

Trolling Baylor women's basketball is, well, just dumb
slimecap
West Virginia University sophomore guard Jayla Hemingway has been declared eligible by the NCAA for competition for the 2020-21 season.

A native of Collierville, Tennessee, Hemingway transferred to WVU from Mississippi State in summer 2020. As a freshman, she played in 24 games for the Bulldogs and averaged 1.6 points per game on 33.3 percent shooting.

- WVU WBB website, 5 Oct 2020
SouthTx
Texas Tech Lady Raiders add Oklahoma State Cowgirls transfer Vivian Gray.

Big news in the Big 12.

https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/30045672/texas-tech-lady-raiders-add-oklahoma-state-cowgirls-transfer-vivian-gray
Green&GoldStandard
Hadyguy said:

Any happenings at Iowa State? They seem to always have the Baylor card.

Florda_mike
Hadyguy said:

Any happenings at Iowa State? They seem to always have the Baylor card.

Whatever happened to this person?

Joined September 15, made 10 posts only about Kim and Women's Basketball then left as quick as appeared

Weird case
slimecap

2022 VERBAL COMMIT
slimecap

HEAD COACH REVIEWS FIRST OFFICIAL PRACTICE
Oct 14, 2020

slimecap
BAYLOR 2020-21 NON-CONFERENCE GAME VS UCONN
UPDATE
Oct 16, 2020
Excerpts

"The UConn women's basketball team currently has 6 non-conference games on its 2020-21 schedule, as announced by the program Friday.

The Huskies will open the season in the Basketball Hall of Fame Women's Challenge at Mohegan Sun. UConn will face Quinnipiac on Nov. 28 and the winner of Mississippi State/Maine on Nov. 29.

UConn will also take on Louisville (at Mohegan Sun) on Dec. 4, Baylor (away), South Carolina (home) and Tennessee (away) in non-conference action.

Dates and times for the 2020-21 season will be released at a later date,"

Link for entire article
https://uconnhuskies.com/news/2020/10/16/womens-basketball-uconn-wbb-announces-2020-21-non-conference-opponents.aspx
historian
Nice to know we are still playing UConn. I eagerly await the full schedule.
Pale Rider
historian said:

Absolutely. Hoping for a full uninterrupted season.
Green&GoldStandard
Pale Rider said:

historian said:

How are you and your's doing Pale?
Pale Rider
Green&GoldStandard said:

Pale Rider said:

historian said:

Trying to do my best to care for my wife one day at a time. Some days are extremely difficult. My life long partner's mind is virtually gone along with Parkinson's. I'm determined to care for her at our home as long as I can. Thanks for asking. God bless.
Green&GoldStandard
Pale Rider said:

Green&GoldStandard said:

Pale Rider said:

historian said:

Trying to do my best to care for my wife one day at a time. Some days are extremely difficult. My life long partner's mind is virtually gone along with Parkinson's. I'm determined to care for her at our home as long as I can. Thanks for asking. God bless.

There are so many people here that care about y'all and pray for y'all. Your family is the best of us.
bill gillum
Yes our prayers are with you
Blessings and comfort
historian
Pale Rider said:

Green&GoldStandard said:

Pale Rider said:

historian said:

Prayers for both of you.
Wichitabear
historian said:

Pale Rider said:

Green&GoldStandard said:

Pale Rider said:

historian said:

Prayers for both of you.
We love you and yours. Praying for strength for you.
Pale Rider
I can't tell you all how much that means to me and how much it truly helps. Thank you dearly. And God bless you all.
Florda_mike
Pale Rider said:

I can't tell you all how much that means to me and how much it truly helps. Thank you dearly. And God bless you all.

God bless you and your wife
slimecap
Pale Rider said:

Green&GoldStandard said:

Dear Brother Pale Rider,
Our family deeply appreciates the Devotions that you post on the Baylor forum. These words inspire us daily as we tackle our tough encounters in life. Please know that we are praying for you and your wife during this difficult time in your journey.

Sincerely,
Sister slimecap
Pale Rider
Thank you so very much my dear sister in Christ. I need it more than ever right now.
May God bless you and your family as well.
slimecap

2020-21 NON-CONFERENCE SCHEDULE

Nov 25 Houston
Nov 28-30 vs TBA @ Bad Boy Mowers Crossover Classic Vermillion SD
Dec 06 @ Georgia 7th annual Big 12/SEC Challenge
Dec 13 Texas State
Dec 29 Arkansas Pine-Bluff

At this moment, OU is anticipating the seating capacity of Lloyd Noble Center to be at approximately 25% for the 2020-21 season. Seating capacities are subject to change.
First Page Last Page
Page 84 of 159

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.