Big 12 happenings

1,134,040 Views | 5531 Replies | Last: 4 mo ago by slimecap
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
slimecap
Dec 6, 2020

Baylor 78 @ Arkansas 83 BIG 12/SEC Challenge
South Carolina 83 @ Iowa State 65 BIG 12/SEC Challenge
Oral Roberts 59 @ Kansas 100
UT Arlington @ Kansas State Cancelled
Oklahoma 80 @ Georgia 93 BIG 12/SEC Challenge
TCU @ Missouri Cancelled BIG 12/SEC Challenge
Texas A&M 66 @ Texas 61 BIG 12/SEC Challenge
Tennessee 73 @ West Virginia 79 OT BIG 12/SEC Challenge

Dec 7, 2020

SMU 63 @ Oklahoma State 75
slimecap
Dec 8, 2020

Idaho State 65 @ Kansas State 50
bearbone11
slimecap said:

Dec 8, 2020

Idaho State 65 @ Kansas State 50
Ouch. Removing K State from my list of potential upsets.
historian
Wish I could get a ticket! That will be a fun game.
“Incline my heart to your testimonies, and not to selfish gain!”
Psalm 119:36
bawitdaball
historian said:

Wish I could get a ticket! That will be a fun game.

There primary post is out. They will struggle heavily without her.
slimecap

West Virginia University junior guard Jasmine Carson has been declared eligible by the NCAA for competition for the 2020-21 season. A native of Memphis, Tennessee, Carson transferred to WVU from Georgia Tech in summer 2020. During two seasons with the Yellow Jackets, she played in 51 games and averaged 6.7 points per game. Carson also shot 34.9% from the field, including 32.8% from 3-point range, and accumulated 37 steals during her career with Georgia Tech.

- WVU WBB website, 8 Dec 2020
slimecap
Dec 9, 2020

Iowa State 80 @ Iowa 82
Lamar 53 @ TCU 79
Idaho 48 @ Texas 73
Angelo State 42 @ Texas Tech 87
slimecap
Florda_mike
slimecap said:

And the question is ......

How does OU try to COVID out of this potentially last place season in WBB?
LIB,MR BEARS
slimecap said:

How the mighty have fallen
Pale Rider
What is the arrow in the picture pointing to?
Florda_mike
Pale Rider said:

Wichitabear
Pale Rider said:

That's what I want to know. Lol
Hairy Bear
On the OU Kansas game, OU had 6 players available to play. Three of their best players were unavailable including Madi, Tatum and Mandy. Still they lead most of the game, but Kansas won the game in the 4th quarter. So the game does not tell us very much about their team. This result was a victim of COVID-19.
Florda_mike
Thanks Hairy
slimecap
BaylorTaxman said:

Alexis Morris transferred to A&M in August. I don't see where she has played so I assume she has to sit out a year?
UPDATE
Dec 9, 2020

"Texas A&M added depth on the perimeter with junior transfer guard Alexis Morris getting cleared by the NCAA last Thursday. She hadn't worked with the first unit but had six points in seven minutes against Texas on Sunday night, hitting a field goal and 4 of 5 free throws. The 5-6 Morris, who started at Baylor and also played at Rutgers, will allow the Aggies to play at a faster pace.

"Once she becomes a complete point guard making better decisions, she can open up a lot of things because now we've got a little more team speed when she's on the court," Texas A&M head coach Gary Blair said. "Right now, we've got very skilled players with her on the court, but she gives us that speed that you have to have to be able to break down defenses or get transition baskets."

Morris' rust showed more on the defensive end against Texas, which outscored A&M by five points when she was in the game. Sophomores Jordan Nixon and McKinzie Green had been splitting time at point guard with freshman Kay Kay Green getting a few minutes."

- Robert Cessna, The Eagle
Pale Rider
She was going to be really good. Don't know how she will end up. But Blair is a good coach.
slimecap
Dec 10, 2020

Baylor 65 @ West Virginia 45
Oklahoma 64 @ Kansas 74
South Dakota State 53 @ Kansas State 62
Missouri @ Texas Tech Cancelled
slimecap
BUatbirth
This presser sums up why I love Kim Mulkey. Her genuine love and concern for her players. Her reasoned approach to this crazy season. Her ability to see thru the "noise" of a issue and speak to the crux of it. Blessed to have her. Thanks for posting the video Slimecap!
historian
Slimecap, thanks again for everything you do with this thread!

Merry Christmas!
Wichitabear
BUatbirth said:

This presser sums up why I love Kim Mulkey. Her genuine love and concern for her players. Her reasoned approach to this crazy season. Her ability to see thru the "noise" of a issue and speak to the crux of it. Blessed to have her. Thanks for posting the video Slimecap!
Just reinforces why I love Kim. Proud of Moon taking charge in a game.
BU71
Wichitabear said:

BUatbirth said:

I am a huge CKM fan, unashamedly so, so biased as I am I still see such difference in the post game interviews of our coach and Coach Carey. He seems to call his player out in the media a lot. Not that Coach Mulkey doesn't call it like she sees it I just appreciate her approach. There is never any doubt that she wants to build a world class program and help her players prepare for life after college, not necessarily in that order. I know it take different styles to make a world and Coach Carey cares about his players I'm sure, I'm just happy that CKM coaches here.
Wichitabear
BU71 said:

Wichitabear said:

BUatbirth said:

I am a huge CKM fan, unashamedly so, so biased as I am I still see such difference in the post game interviews of our coach and Coach Carey. He seems to call his player out in the media a lot. Not that Coach Mulkey doesn't call it like she sees it I just appreciate her approach. There is never any doubt that she wants to build a world class program and help her players prepare for life after college, not necessarily in that order. I know it take different styles to make a world and Coach Carey cares about his players I'm sure, I'm just happy that CKM coaches here.
Me too BU71
blueeyedbear
BU71 said:

Wichitabear said:

BUatbirth said:

I think they have a name for it............its called CLASS !!!!!
historian
I think we are all very happy that we have Coach Mulkey. She has so many accolades because she has earned them and all of that helps Baylor.
setshot
I can't recall ever hearing Carey fail to give the Lady Bears their due in his post-game comments. He must have really expected to win this game, and the first half fed into that state of mind. His depressed state was everywhere evident in that interview.
slimecap
Dec 12, 2020

North Dakota State 64 @ Iowa State 85
Omaha 59 @ Kansas State 66
slimecap
historian said:

Slimecap, thanks again for everything you do with this thread!
Merry Christmas!
Hi historian, Appreciate your kind words. Wishing you a Merry Christmas !
slimecap
Dec 13, 2020

Texas State 40 @ Oklahoma 52
Tulsa 69 @ Oklahoma State 62
Middle Tennessee 77 @ TCU 83
Tennessee @ Texas Postponed
James Madison University 54 @ West Virginia 85
Green&GoldStandard
slimecap said:

Dec 13, 2020

The Oklahoma schools kinda suck.
geewago
Green&GoldStandard said:

slimecap said:

Dec 13, 2020

The Oklahoma schools kinda suck.
The one in Norman may cancel their season shortly to avoid embarrassment.
slimecap
BUatbirth
This is the Tech post game presser. It doesn't get started till about the 24 min mark.

First Page Last Page
Page 89 of 159

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.