Voepel

4,843 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Mothballs
GarlandBear84
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.outkick.com/espn-reporter-comes-out-as-transgender/
This is a very knowledgeable WBB reporter.
geewago
WELL
whitetrash
Eball
GarlandBear84 said:

hmmmm
Proud 1992 Alum
Voepel has been fair to quite positive to Baylor women's basketball over the years. She came across as the normal reporter as compared to the activist writers like ***an. Now she wants to be considered a man. Wow, what a strange world.
Proud 1992 Alum
Proud 1992 Alum said:

Voepel has been fair to quite positive to Baylor women's basketball over the years. She came across as the normal reporter as compared to the activist writers like ***an. Now she wants to be considered a man. Wow, what a strange world.

That's not a curse word. Kate's last name is F A G A N.
caesarscott
This is cultural appropriation and i for one am offended.
Lynnp550
How is it anyone's business to judge others, as so many on this site seem to love to do?

For a Christian university to have such finger-pointing ugliness is just about beyond comprehension. Are you judgmental asses drinking before texting, or is this your usual nature?

To the lovely members of our WBB team and staff who read these posts, I am so very sorry you are subjected to this tripe. Just please accept that it's likely people with nothing else to do with their time.

To those of you doing the judging and bashing, CUT IT OUT. If you cannot be nice then SHUT UP.
Thank you.
fredbear
Voepel is denying her DNA, experiencing gender dysphoria, perhaps even disfiguring her body with either pharmaceuticals or surgery, and announcing it as matter of public record for discussion. No, we shouldn't be tasteless in response, but we should be saddened by such confusion about and rebellion against God's created boundaries. Women have VALUE and don't have to become men to find relevance and power. Male and Female created He them. The pressure on young girls to switch their gender is immense. I know, I visit with them as a counselor. We have to call out this madness for the harm it does to women. Voepel is throwing it our there for attention and discussion. To respond is every readers right and, even, responsibility.
Beartrack
Well spoken fredbear. If San, Gidly people do not speak truth, everyone suffers. My so had a great job at a woke company. He is a kind , gentle, soft spoken soul in IT world. When his company began to push everyone to support gay pride month. His was response was to go to the president and he department. His words more or less
We're.: The Bible teaches that this is sin. The good news is that God sent Jesus to pay for our sins and if we believe in Him and repent we can be forgiven. The most harmful thing I could possibly do would be to support anyone in their sin. That does not mean I cannot work with them or don't care about them. If what I believe is true , the only caring thing I can do is not to encourage that behavior. Not doing that would be hypocritical on my part. IAs a practical matter, if a company wants to be inclusive, these actions a very exclusive to manny Christians, and it seems like there is no reason a business needs to be involved in the sexual choices of employees.
I thought his response was clear kind, and true. Proud of him. He risked his job. He has decided to go to work for a non woke company with aligned values . We are helping his family pack now. Check RedBalloon.org to find nonwoke employees and non woke employers
SonOfZuno
Mental illness is a serious serious pandemic in America these days. And at this point, clearly a runaway freight train in America that cannot be stopped until He comes and resets it all.

Pray for her - that's all we can do. She's sick.
ScottS
This is getting a little to the R&P side of things, rather than bb or wbb, Anyway, I think the enemy/devil wants to destroy or modify anything God created. Just my 2 cents.
canoso
fredbear said:

Voepel is denying her DNA, experiencing gender dysphoria, perhaps even disfiguring her body with either pharmaceuticals or surgery, and announcing it as matter of public record for discussion. No, we shouldn't be tasteless in response, but we should be saddened by such confusion about and rebellion against God's created boundaries. Women have VALUE and don't have to become men to find relevance and power. Male and Female created He them. The pressure on young girls to switch their gender is immense. I know, I visit with them as a counselor. We have to call out this madness for the harm it does to women. Voepel is throwing it our there for attention and discussion. To respond is every readers right and, even, responsibility.
Thank you for loving with God's kind of love by posting this. You have done this to bless and not to curse, regardless of what it may cost you.
BleedGreen&Gold
So happy for MA! He's one of the best WBB writers and has always been fair to Baylor WBB. I love reading MA's coverage and insights!

Some people won't understand -- but you know what, you don't have to understand. This is what MA wants to do to feel whole and normal. And I completely applaud that! And for those who aren't in the same boat as MA and others who identify as transgender you really have no business having any negative opinion because you simply haven't walked a day in those shoes. So just sit this one out.
BleedGreen&Gold
Lynnp550 said:

How is it anyone's business to judge others, as so many on this site seem to love to do?

For a Christian university to have such finger-pointing ugliness is just about beyond comprehension. Are you judgmental asses drinking before texting, or is this your usual nature?

To the lovely members of our WBB team and staff who read these posts, I am so very sorry you are subjected to this tripe. Just please accept that it's likely people with nothing else to do with their time.

To those of you doing the judging and bashing, CUT IT OUT. If you cannot be nice then SHUT UP.
Thank you.
Hey, it's not the university. These people speak for themselves and only themselves. I learned a while ago these message boards are overly populated by judgmental, staunch "stereo-typical" ultra conservative and pseudo-religious types. They have an even larger over-sized representation on these boards -- especially the premium board. The typical Baylor student and alumni are much more moderate and accepting than what you will find on this board.
LIB,MR BEARS
GarlandBear84 said:

Dude's in for quite a pay raise or, if espn decides they need more female announcers, is likely to get canned.
curtpenn
Lynnp550 said:

Thank you.

Are you judging others for judging?
fredbear
Yes, they are, and unable to see the philosophical inconsistencies of such arguments. What is actually being said by critical poster above, " only I can call out and judge the things I don't like, but you must sit in humble silence". A strange and implied arrogance there, for sure. But the arrogant are blind to arrogance by definition.

With grace, we have an obligation to speak the truth in love. The same Jesus who said don't cast stones also said, " Go and sin no more," In the same pericope. Context is king. Scripture laments a time when everyone does what is right in his own eyes, rather than obeys the boundaries of the creator.

fubar
Voepel has been the best writer, of any gender, covering WBB for the better part of two decades, and second best is not even close.

I don't understand transgender issues -- and the internets won't help me -- but I wish Mechelle the very best.
Gunter gleiben glauchen globen
fredbear
Great writer. That is not the issue. Hope she/he keeps writing.
Jack Bauer
whoa...

mcleod66
Jack Bauer said:

whoa...

I had seen this byline on an espn article and thought it must be her husband now writing for them, too. Clearly, I was wrong.
Bulldog
WHY ANY LGBTQ athlete would even consider this university with its homo and trans phobic fan base is beyond me.
fredbear
Great facilities, supportive fan base, top notch coaches, and the courage to openly hold opinions about serious issues for starters. You can both attend a school and play a sport without having everyone at the school approve of your lifestyle choices. No matter where one goes to school, hopefully there will be folks with varying opinions openly debating. I think that is what University life is suppose to be, at least it was before most schools squelched free speech and open debate.
jmsmith68md
Statement on Human Sexuality Baylor University welcomes all students into a safe and supportive environment in which to discuss and learn about a variety of issues, including those of human sexuality. The University affirms the biblical understanding of sexuality as a gift from God. Christian churches across the ages and around the world have affirmed purity in singleness and fidelity in marriage between a man and a woman as the biblical norm. Temptations to deviate from this norm include both heterosexual sex outside of marriage and homosexual behavior. It is thus expected that Baylor students will not participate in advocacy groups which promote understandings of sexuality that are contrary to biblical teaching. The University encourages students struggling with these issues to avail themselves of opportunities for serious, confidential discussion, and support through the Spiritual Life Office (254)-710-3517 or through the Baylor University Counseling Center (254)-710-2467
SonOfZuno
Bulldog said:

WHY ANY LGBTQ athlete would even consider this university with its homo and trans phobic fan base is beyond me.
Beyond you? Well, you must not look around. There are many already on campus and happy.
BaylorGuy314
Bulldog said:

You can say "I don't agree" and not be against the person.

Ex: I generally lean right politically but some of my closest friends are hard left. Although I disagree with them on many issues, I don't value them any less because of their opinions or beliefs. They are still my brothers and sisters. Such is the case here.

The ideology that you must support someone's actions/opinions/beliefs or else you are transphobic or homophobic, etc, is just...well, it's not very accommodating of other's opinions or beliefs. Irony, coming from those that espouse acceptance for all.

fredbear
Oh, Bulldog is not against bigotry. Bulldog just wants to pick and choose who views are allowed on discussion boards and which ones are excluded. Perhaps bulldog is simply a troll trying to dissuade the great recruits that come to BU.
Mothballs
Proud 1992 Alum said:

Proud 1992 Alum said:

That's not a curse word. Kate's last name is F A G A N.

Depends on Kate's pronouns of choice I guess.
Mothballs
Lynnp550 said:

Thank you.

Sodom and Gomorrah says hello.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.