Arizona game

9,136 Views | 57 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by sicem45
woodsa75
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I was able to get tickets for the Arizona Game on Ticketmastet for a reasonable price.
Wicked_Wombat
I just got 200-Level tickets today as well ($41 ea) - for back-to-back men's (vs, Wash St) and women's (vs. AZ) games at the AAC.
Big12Bear
Just got 50% off using code TMN241 on Ticketmaster. Code expires 12/10.
Bears09
Are we considered "away" for this game? Obviously not by location but just asking before purchasing tickets across from a particular bench.
Woodsa7512
I have 2 tickets that I will sell for 50. Section 210 seats 9 and 10.
GarlandBear84
I'll be there in 109. I think the code C2C is still valid to get two tickets for the price of one.
hitmanmw
The only team that Arizona has played with a pulse (Kansas) beat them by 27!! Time to get a top 20 win!
Dcheetah
Arizona will be fully focused on our team and ready to play. I just want to win. However, I hope you are right.
blackie
Dcheetah said:

Arizona will be fully focused on our team and ready to play. I just want to win. However, I hope you are right.
And so what, we won't be focused? The only people who are usually not focused on an opponent are those sitting in the bleachers, and they don't get to play.
blueeyedbear
blackie said:

Dcheetah said:

And so what, we won't be focused? The only people who are usually not focused on an opponent are those sitting in the bleachers, and they don't get to play.
Way to jump to an erroneous conclusion. Of course, we will be focused and ready to play as well.
Barnes will be very motivated to have her team ready, especially after the Kansas thumping - Barns thought Bella was all but signed, sealed and delivered to UofA when Nicki swooped in and signed her away.
I look for a highly motivated Arizona team to show up and play their best game of the season. We are jelling as a team very well right now and with Blackman being able to play significant minutes, I have every reason to believe that we will bring our A game to Dallas. GO BEARS
blackie
blueeyedbear said:

blackie said:

Dcheetah said:

Way to jump to an erroneous conclusion. Of course, we will be focused and ready to play as well.
Barnes will be very motivated to have her team ready, especially after the Kansas thumping - Barns thought Bella was all but signed, sealed and delivered to UofA when Nicki swooped in and signed her away.
I look for a highly motivated Arizona team to show up and play their best game of the season. We are jelling as a team very well right now and with Blackman being able to play significant minutes, I have every reason to believe that we will bring our A game to Dallas. GO BEARS
OK, I'll play. What was my erroneous conclusion? I did not state that Arizona would not be focused, and I did state that Baylor would be focused. And there is nothing in my last statement about fans that is untrue. I was replying to a statement which could be taken that Arizona will be focused and Baylor would not. I guess the only conclusion I made about the teams was to conclude that Baylor would be focused, as well as AZ. You think we will not be?
blueeyedbear
blackie said:

blueeyedbear said:

blackie said:

Dcheetah said:

OK, I'll play. What was my erroneous conclusion? I did not state that Arizona would not be focused, and I did state that Baylor would be focused. And there is nothing in my last statement about fans that is untrue. I was replying to a statement which could be taken that Arizona will be focused and Baylor would not. I guess the only conclusion I made about the teams was to conclude that Baylor would be focused, as well as AZ. You think we will not be?
OK, English must not be your first language or else you are practicing for White House Press Secretary Karine Jean-Pierre's job - You would be great !
Dcheetah
You missed it entirely. I was replying to the comment about a 20 pt win and I think that is less likely a blowout but I do think we will win. I think the KS beatdown was a bit of a wake up call for them and I think Az will play much better than that game. Not sure what you seem so upset about. I did not make any comment about us being unfocused. They are a talented team, it is not a sure thing we win. I just think it is our time to put it together and win.
fredbear
Today is big! Really big. If we win, we are making a statement that we are getting better and healthier as the season progresses. If we lose, we are communicating that we will most likely struggle against any and every ranked opponent. Need a statement win!
geewago
fredbear said:

Today is big! Really big. If we win, we are making a statement that we are getting better and healthier as the season progresses. If we lose, we are communicating that we will most likely struggle against any and every ranked opponent. Need a statement win!
......Therefore let us go forth armed with sword and shield, yielding neither to the left nor the right. Spare not the men, the women nor the children. Yeah let not an ox be left standing. But concerning the ass let every man do with it according to what seemeth right in his own eyes.
blueeyedbear
Dcheetah said:

You missed it entirely. I was replying to the comment about a 20 pt win and I think that is less likely a blowout but I do think we will win. I think the KS beatdown was a bit of a wake up call for them and I think Az will play much better than that game. Not sure what you seem so upset about. I did not make any comment about us being unfocused. They are a talented team, it is not a sure thing we win. I just think it is our time to put it together and win.
My take on the Arizona game - I see 5 factors that will influence the outcome of the game
1. Arizona full court pressure
2. Baylor on ball pressure defense
3. Officials
4. Fouls
5. Darianna
5. Blackman
We are a bad match up for Arizona - Arizona has athletes that play basketball - Baylor has basketball players that are athletes - Advantage Baylor.
1. Arizona Press cannot match our speed and quickness - Every team this year that tried to press Baylor got out of it by the second quarter or resorted to a token half court effort more to slow us down then create turnovers from pressure. Sarah, Jaden and Jana have the handles to break a press by themselves. However our recent play has shown a lack of ball security on our passes especially the long ones - this team has gotten away with a multitude of really bad passes that were almost picked off by defenses with less ability then Arizona - Our 3 main ball handling guards have a bad habit of trying to thread the needle with a pass into a double team in the paint - Our passes are not crisp - too many softball passes or floating lobs that invite a pickoff and Arizona will turn those into layups - Advantage Arizona. I know Nicki and Tony made this a point of emphasis in practice. If we get our lax passing fixed - Advantage Neutral.
2. Arizona has never faced a team this season that can put 4 -5 smothering on ball defenders on the court. Arizona starting five is basically all transfers some of whom we are very familiar with from Big 12 play. Arizona will have a difficult time with our on ball defense, - Advantage Baylor.
3. I have not heard who will officiate the game usually with these types of Conference Challenges the officials come from a "neutral" Conference. Why is this important ? Different Conference officials call the game differently. What is a charge by a Big 12 official may be a foul by another Conference official. Since both teams will have to adapt to the way the game is being called - Advantage Neutral.
4. Caitlin must stay on the floor. Her presence in the middle of the floor to break the press is CRITICAL !! She cannot pickup 2 early fouls and sit until the second half. I do expect Arizona to go right at her on offense. If Caitlin plays smart - Advantage Baylor. If Caitlin charges out of control at the rim like she has gotten away with at times this year and some of her drawn charges calls have been questionable to me and she picks up two early fouls - Advantage Arizona.
5. It's going to be interesting to see how Darianna reacts to being game planned for. So far, she has not been the focus of an opposing team's defense like Arizona will most likely make her. Problem for Arizona with that tactic - it leaves Blackman free to roam and rebound and putbacks. If Arizona focuses on Blackman then Darianna is free to roam. That also leaves an open Baylor player most likely a 3 ball shooter. Not a good position for Arizona to be in.- Advantage Baylor
5. Arizona has NO answer for Blackman !! If she plays 20 minutes and puts up a double points, double rebounds - Advantage Baylor.
PREDICTION: I expect a good game from both teams with Baylor holding Arizona to 50-60 points and Baylor scoring 60-70 points.

blackie
Quote:

3. I have not heard who will officiate the game usually with these types of Conference Challenges the officials come from a "neutral" Conference. Why is this important ? Different Conference officials call the game differently. What is a charge by a Big 12 official may be a foul by another Conference official. Since both teams will have to adapt to the way the game is being called - Advantage Neutral.
Hopefully, not anywhere like the crew that has the UT - USC game. I know we have seen some really poor officials in the women's game, but these three take the cake. I think so far into the 4th, UT has already drawn 8 charges from USC. Somewhere Audrey Warren is smiling. Practically no contact in some of them. Really quick whistles. Crappy game. Neither team has looked impressive and USC can't hit the ocean.

There really needs to be a flop rule in the women's game, but it probably would be a non-consideration for this crew.
DanaDane
Where else but Baylor. Already blaming the refs and the game hasn't even started.
blackie
DanaDane said:

Where else but Baylor. Already blaming the refs and the game hasn't even started.
Oh, good grief. I am amazed at the unlimited ability of this board to take a statement that is purely observational and turn it into something else. Did you watch the Texas game? Do you want to see officiating standards in the women's game continue at the low level we see on TV all the time? The announcers today were really getting fed up with it.

What is the point of posting?

DanaDane
blackie said:

DanaDane said:

What is the point of posting?

The purpose is to get chronic complainers like YOU to stop blaming outside forces for every circumstance. But, as is evident from all your posts, you don't have the mental capacity for that to sink in despite your age so I digress.............
sicem45
Andrews not playing well at all. Something is off with her
74Bear
Anyone know why Littlepage-Buggs isn't playing? Finally back in
Yogi
When is the last time Baylor Women's Basketball was unranked?

Bring back The Lady Bears.
sicem45
Andrews now playing much better
Max Planck
This coach isn't good.
sicem45
Too many turnovers.

BaylorTaxman
74Bear said:

Anyone know why Littlepage-Buggs isn't playing? Finally back in

She was getting beat really badly on the boards early on…
ImwithBU
Getting drilled. I have to admit, we are kinda boring. Baylor women's basketball use to be exciting
sicem45
Gonna be hard to do anything with no Blackwell and not having Edwards available continues to hurt this team.
bearmission8
We look out of sync. Not to watching Baylor on this side of the court. It may take time of our team to find itself. I hope
pilgrim
7:45 PM I'm out until the men's game. I can't watch this.
True Grit
Wow… I thought we had turned a corner. I guess not. Bad shooting and defense tonight…
franke
sicem45 said:

Gonna be hard to do anything with no Blackwell and not having Edwards available continues to hurt this team.

I understand the sentiment, but we've gotta start looking at this team as it is. Edwards has not played a single minute for Baylor, so using that as an excuse that we are getting beat down isn't super helpful.
BBWCBear
Conference trophies are a thing of the past, new arena will be a quarter full. NCAA tourney will one and done. Working Baylor's way back to the Pam Davis days.

They haven't beaten any ranked noteworthy team, especially not the upper echelons. Not looking very good. Boring too.
Yogi
BBWCBear said:

Conference trophies are a thing of the past, new arena will be a quarter full. NCAA tourney will one and done. Working Baylor's way back to the Pam Davis days.

They haven't beaten any ranked noteworthy team, especially not the upper echelons. Not looking very good. Boring too.

Please no. Went to a game in the mid 90's. There were more crickets in the building than people.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.