Smith and Carrington

4,843 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by curtpenn
itsjuzme
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bulldog
itsjuzme said:

Well good for them. Happy for Them both. How long before the archaic Dark Ages homophobes come out on here criticizing them for being so open, etc.
itsjuzme
Bulldog said:

itsjuzme said:

Well good for them. Happy for Them both. How long before the archaic Dark Ages homophobes come out on here criticizing them for being so open, etc.
Absolutely good for them! Hopefully they didn't feel too ashamed of their fondness for one another while on our campus. I wonder if KM made them hide it also? Folks need to learn to accept diversity and let people live.
curtpenn
itsjuzme said:

Bulldog said:

itsjuzme said:

Absolutely good for them! Hopefully they didn't feel too ashamed of their fondness for one another while on our campus. I wonder if KM made them hide it also? Folks need to learn to accept diversity and let people live.

That acceptance thing needs to be a two way street.
fredbear
Love them as people and part of the BU family. Will always pull for them as players. But I don't have to bless an relationship that ignores created boundaries.
itsjuzme
curtpenn said:

itsjuzme said:

Bulldog said:

itsjuzme said:

Whatever that means...
Bulldog
itsjuzme said:

curtpenn said:

itsjuzme said:

Bulldog said:

itsjuzme said:

Whatever that means...
It means what it has always meant. We want to minimize and dehumanize you while waiving our bibles in justification and we want you to like it! As the great James Baldwin so eloquently statedā€¦

We can disagree and still love each other unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist.
Wbbfan29
I'm pretty sure they could care less if you blessed their relationship. I'm not even sure why this is even a topic up for discussion...
curtpenn
itsjuzme said:

curtpenn said:

itsjuzme said:

Bulldog said:

itsjuzme said:

Whatever that means...
Let him who has ears hear.
curtpenn
Bulldog said:

itsjuzme said:

curtpenn said:

itsjuzme said:

Bulldog said:

itsjuzme said:

Whatever that means...
It means what it has always meant. We want to minimize and dehumanize you while waiving our bibles in justification and we want you to like it! As the great James Baldwin so eloquently statedā€¦

We can disagree and still love each other unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist.
Stupid assertion and straw man fallacy. Doubt there's many (any?) here questioning someone's right to exist. Not all behaviors ought to be affirmed or celebrated. Simple.
Bulldog
curtpenn said:

Bulldog said:

itsjuzme said:

curtpenn said:

itsjuzme said:

Bulldog said:

itsjuzme said:

Whatever that means...

Stupid assertion and straw man fallacy. Doubt there's many (any?) here questioning someone's right to exist. Not all behaviors ought to be affirmed or celebrated. Simple.
No..I'll tell you what's stupid. Your inability or unwillingness to comprehend the depth of your perverted judgment and minimization of LGBTQ, as well as your pathetic attempt to dress up a wolf in sheep's clothingā€¦.then believing you actually made any sense whatsoever!!! THAT iis stupidity!!!
fredbear
The fact you respond are are offended means you care. If you truly did not care you would not have responded. The oddity about same gender sexuality is it always demands the blessing of others or becomes offended or attacks those with different values. You just proved the point. Why would students come to a university with a clear published policy on human sexuality then demand blessing or recognition from the university. I wish they didnt care and live and let live. But oh they care!!!! Strange to me.
Wbbfan29
Lol dang fredbear who pissed in your cereal and called it milk? Where did you read in my post that "I care"?? I said "THEY DONT CARE" meaning dijonai and Nalyssa. If they want to be together they can be together as you can tell . I say again they don't care about a fan blessing there relationship. I don't care about the point you think you are proving . I SAID WHAT I SAID !!
itsjuzme
curtpenn said:

Bulldog said:

itsjuzme said:

curtpenn said:

itsjuzme said:

Bulldog said:

itsjuzme said:

Whatever that means...

Classic bigotry.
Fre3dombear
curtpenn said:

itsjuzme said:

Bulldog said:

itsjuzme said:

This is the part a lot of people miss which sadly prevents moving forward as a society

They also fail to realize that the overwhelming majority of people just really dont give a #2
curtpenn
itsjuzme said:

curtpenn said:

Bulldog said:

itsjuzme said:

curtpenn said:

itsjuzme said:

Bulldog said:

itsjuzme said:

Whatever that means...

Classic bigotry.

Classic lack of critical thinking skills and ad hominem fallacy. Quelle surpriseā€¦
curtpenn
Bulldog said:

curtpenn said:

Bulldog said:

itsjuzme said:

curtpenn said:

itsjuzme said:

Bulldog said:

itsjuzme said:

Whatever that means...

No..I'll tell you what's stupid. Your inability or unwillingness to comprehend the depth of your perverted judgment and minimization of LGBTQ, as well as your pathetic attempt to dress up a wolf in sheep's clothingā€¦.then believing you actually made any sense whatsoever!!! THAT iis stupidity!!!

Stupidity is asserting that all behavior is the same.
Mike E
Sorry I haven't been keeping up with their personal lives... are these two actually in a relationship?

Even reading that post I didn't take it that way.. people say stuff like that all the time as friends. Anyways, just curious if I missed that or if it just assuming.

itsjuzme
curtpenn said:

itsjuzme said:

curtpenn said:

Bulldog said:

itsjuzme said:

curtpenn said:

itsjuzme said:

Bulldog said:

itsjuzme said:

Whatever that means...

Classic bigotry.

Classic lack of critical thinking skills and ad hominem fallacy. Quelle surpriseā€¦

ctxbear
Mike E said:

Sorry I haven't been keeping up with their personal lives... are these two actually in a relationship?

Even reading that post I didn't take it that way.. people say stuff like that all the time as friends. Anyways, just curious if I missed that or if it just assuming.

There have been other posts that have made their relationship far more explicit.

I am happy for them, and pray for the day their relationship would receive as much blessing and excitment among BU fans as if it were a star MBB and WBB player together.
BleedGreen&Gold
fredbear said:

Love them as people and part of the BU family. Will always pull for them as players. But I don't have to bless an relationship that ignores created boundaries.
Probably best just to not comment then, fredbear!
BleedGreen&Gold
fredbear said:

The fact you respond are are offended means you care. If you truly did not care you would not have responded. The oddity about same gender sexuality is it always demands the blessing of others or becomes offended or attacks those with different values. You just proved the point. Why would students come to a university with a clear published policy on human sexuality then demand blessing or recognition from the university. I wish they didnt care and live and let live. But oh they care!!!! Strange to me.
It's not about a "blessing" as you call it. It's about tolerance and non-discrimination. Your question regarding why students would come to a university with the human sexuality policy? Well, a lot of people don't even know that exists. When I first came to Baylor I certainly didn't -- not until a couple years later. And the reason for that is Baylor doesn't go around advertising that, nor does Baylor enforce that policy anymore. This isn't Bob Jones or Oral Roberts university fredbear. As a gay person on campus, I always felt very comfortable and accepted by my peers and professors. Not once was I ever concerned about violating some old, outdated words in a handbook. I had many gay friends as well. There are many, many LGBTQ at Baylor - students, professors and alumni. The polices in the handbook on sexuality are mostly considered to be an archaic relic from the past. Baylor removed the "homo-sexual" acts ban form the handbook several years ago and now has allowed an LGBTQ student organization and has plenty of language regarding its acceptance and compassion for LGBTQ students. I believe eventually the human-sexuality verbiage will go away as well. Baylor is moving forward. I also find it interesting that you use this human sexuality policy (which essentially says no sex outside of marriage) to question an LGBTQ person's decision to come to Baylor but seemingly ignore its implications for straight people? I don't think your concern is sex outside of marriage, fredbear. You're just using this "policy" to find any sort of justification for your discrimination and hate that you can. Do better.

Sic'Em!!!!
curtpenn
BleedGreen&Gold said:

fredbear said:

It's not about a "blessing" as you call it. It's about tolerance and non-discrimination. Your question regarding why students would come to a university with the human sexuality policy? Well, a lot of people don't even know that exists. When I first came to Baylor I certainly didn't -- not until a couple years later. And the reason for that is Baylor doesn't go around advertising that, nor does Baylor enforce that policy anymore. This isn't Bob Jones or Oral Roberts university fredbear. As a gay person on campus, I always felt very comfortable and accepted by my peers and professors. Not once was I ever concerned about violating some old, outdated words in a handbook. I had many gay friends as well. There are many, many LGBTQ at Baylor - students, professors and alumni. The polices in the handbook on sexuality are mostly considered to be an archaic relic from the past. Baylor removed the "homo-sexual" acts ban form the handbook several years ago and now has allowed an LGBTQ student organization and has plenty of language regarding its acceptance and compassion for LGBTQ students. I believe eventually the human-sexuality verbiage will go away as well. Baylor is moving forward. I also find it interesting that you use this human sexuality policy (which essentially says no sex outside of marriage) to question an LGBTQ person's decision to come to Baylor but seemingly ignore its implications for straight people? I don't think your concern is sex outside of marriage, fredbear. You're just using this "policy" to find any sort of justification for your discrimination and hate that you can. Do better.

Sic'Em!!!!

It isn't "discrimination and hate" to understand that same sex relationships are inherently disordered in nature. Simple fact.
curtpenn
BleedGreen&Gold said:

fredbear said:

Sic'Em!!!!

Most likely your stated desire for "tolerance and non discrimination" is an outright lie. What you really want is affirmation and silence from those who have a different point of view. Wouldn't surprise me at all if you actually think those with opposing views should be punished for holding or expressing those views.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.