Acquira Decosta

4,060 Views | 13 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Dcheetah
Dcheetah
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What a horrible tragedy. I hope she can recover from this and have a normal life. Prayers to her.

Wbbfan29
Wow that's horrible. May God give her the strength to prevail during these horrible times .
BU71
Wbbfan29 said:

Wow that's horrible. May God give her the strength to prevail during these horrible times .
I had very high hopes for her during her time here. I thought she had unlimited potential. I was disappointed when it didn't work out for her here and she transferred. There were later stories of psychological issues and my concerns shifted to her well-being, not her basketball career. I lost track of her after two more transfers and I'm so sorry to hear this. I'll be in prayer for her as well. I hope she recovers from this tragedy.
Bone Squad
Just sickening.
blueeyedbear
OH my - This is so sad
Bearprof
Goodness... Here's hoping the best for her in everything in life.
jdrs
Couldn't read the story, but how terrible.
Noghri
Terrible

I naively thought sex trafficking happens primarily to younger kids.
Does it say how she was kidnapped?
SirBearALot
They should hang the perps in the middle of the street
baylorbear33
She said she was 'lured' by a woman she had recently met and thought she was a friend. They got her into a car, and then threatened to kill her family if she didn't cooperate.

Try this link https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/A-basketball-prodigy-was-kidnapped-into-sex-trafficking-Now-shes-making-her-comeback/ar-AA124nyy
Proud 1992 Alum
Sex trafficking is much more widespread than is commonly thought. I don't know the answer but the toughest prison sentences should be a part of it.
CarmelBear
Prayers for DeCosta. I was disappointed she didn't play more her freshman year. Her athleticism and basketball skill was obvious. She had the misfortune of playing on a very deep roster that year, but what she has gone through since then is heartbreaking.
jdrs
Thank you for the link. What a heartbreaking story and such a hard life for someone so young.
Dcheetah
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.