Time for Baylor fans to show up at the Ferrell

5,244 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by slimecap
graceontap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Excellent article from Brice Cherry. Let's find ways to show our coaches and players how grateful we are for their hard work and Baylor pride. https://wacotrib.com/sports/basketball/brice-cherry-collens-bears-tough-as-nails-and-worthy-of-your-attention/article_095eb77c-906c-11ed-92c2-a713704eee66.html?utm_campaign=snd-autopilot&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_WacoTribSports
Bearettes 1977
baylorguy09
The WBB team deserves to have a good crowd there. They are fighting for their wins and the support is greatly appreciated by the team and coaches.

I am driving up from Austin tonight for the quick up and down trip. Everyone should be there!
geewago
baylorguy09 said:

The WBB team deserves to have a good crowd there. They are fighting for their wins and the support is greatly appreciated by the team and coaches.

I am driving up from Austin tonight for the quick up and down trip. Everyone should be there!
. I was in Austin last night to watch the TX - KS game. God the traffic was bad both going and coming. I cant figure this KS team out. They didnt look good against Baylor but they thrashed Arizona. And last night they looked like a slow methodical team. TX was far superior heres a shot of their crowd. And if you watched the postgame Vic was bragging about what a great crowd they had.
MrGolfguy
I agree the Ladies need a better crowd than they've been getting, but unfortunately all the 'Mulkeyists' have made up their minds and unless they can cultivate some new fans (and get more students to show up), then the crowd is what the crowd is.
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
whitetrash
geewago said:

baylorguy09 said:

. I was in Austin last night to watch the TX - KS game. God the traffic was bad both going and coming. I cant figure this KS team out. They didnt look good against Baylor but they thrashed Arizona. And last night they looked like a slow methodical team. TX was far superior heres a shot of their crowd. And if you watched the postgame Vic was bragging about what a great crowd they had.

I wonder if we too are going to screen off the upper deck at the tiny arena to make the crowd look bigger.
ScottS
UT has their own version of a tarp....
Chibears2
MrGolfguy said:

I agree the Ladies need a better crowd than they've been getting, but unfortunately all the 'Mulkeyists' have made up their minds and unless they can cultivate some new fans (and get more students to show up), then the crowd is what the crowd is.
I think name calling has only served to alienate some of the WBB team. Maybe we can stop that and they can find peace with what happened and move on. It took me some time, but Coach Collen earned my respect and I'm fully behind her. Now the team is starting to win, which makes it nice. But name calling and labeling just entrenches peopleā€¦. and as noted, this team deserves to have everybody on board.

Not lecturing. You have just as much right to have an opinion and to state it as everyone else. Just, coming on this board that has always been cool for me, and sometimes now it makes me sad with its divisiveness.
MrGolfguy
That's fantastic, but its the Mulkeyists that have created all the divisiveness. You're either a Baylor fan or you're not; all those people that used to go to WBB games regularly that suddenly stopped going last season are obviously the latter. I've made peace with the situation and continue to support the team because I'm a Baylor fan. Now excuse me but I've got to get to the game that tips off in 45 mins. Sic'em (Lady) Bears!
SSadler
What MrGolfguy has in seeming fanaticism, he lacks in accurate crowd/fan analysis.

For instance: I'm a season ticket hold since Pam Bowers. Most of my friends who attend LadyBear games are as well. And we're STILL here, right where we've always been--supporting Bowers, Hogg, Mulkey, and now Collen.

Methinks MrGolfguy is trying too hard to be analytical. This is a swing and a miss.
blueeyedbear
SSadler said:

What MrGolfguy has in seeming fanaticism, he lacks in accurate crowd/fan analysis.

For instance: I'm a season ticket hold since Pam Bowers. Most of my friends who attend LadyBear games are as well. And we're STILL here, right where we've always been--supporting Bowers, Hogg, Mulkey, and now Collen.

Methinks MrGolfguy is trying too hard to be analytical. This is a swing and a miss.
And the empty seats around you ????
MrGolfguy
SSadler said:

Nice try, but I also have been going to games since Bowers, season tickets since Hogg. The attendance at Lady Bears games is way down since 2020, if you haven't noticed then I can't help you. You & your friends are obviously good Baylor fans and not who I was directing my comment towards. My comment is targeting those who came religiously during the Mulkey years (and only the Mulkey years) when everyone was fat & happy, whom suddenly are now ghosts and haven't cast their shadow in the Ferrell Center concourse since Nicki took over. These are the Mulkeyists I refer to, their true colors have come to light - they were Coach Mulkey fans all along, not Baylor WBB fans. Now, methinks I didn't swing & miss. Methinks I bombed driver a handy 240 yds right down the middle of the fairway. Sic'em Bears!
Aliceinbubbleland
MrGolfguy said:

When you win they will come. When you don't they won't. No amount of prodding or free tickets will compensate for losing.
MrGolfguy
Another chance for Baylor fans to show up tomorrow night. Let's hope a big crowd is there supporting the Bears - they certainly deserve it
Bear3
I wish Baylor fan attendance at basketball games was like Tech's attendance. I am watching the men's game at Tech. The Tech team has not won a big 12 game yet and is dead last in the conference. Their arena is fullā€¦
whitetrash
Bear3 said:

I wish Baylor fan attendance at basketball games was like Tech's attendance. I am watching the men's game at Tech. The Tech team has not won a big 12 game yet and is dead last in the conference. Their arena is fullā€¦

Folks were ordering taco Tuesday instead of pizza tonight.
baylorguy09
Our fans show up when we win. When we don't win, they come up with every excuse not to come.

I will be thereā€¦ win or lose. These players and coach deserve the support.
canoso
Anyone have the actual number of people in the seats today?
BaylorTaxman
canoso said:

canoso
BaylorTaxman said:

canoso said:

Finally I see the rationale for downsizing. That's only 8,027 fewer than watched LSU WBB against Florida about a year ago.
BUgolfbear

Yo, Mr. Golf Guy, love the name, your not allowed to say Lady Bears any longer. The PC Police will see you now
pilgrim
There were not 5,593 people in that arena today. It was well under 5,000.
blueeyedbear
pilgrim said:

Baylor counts season ticket seats as attendance even if the seats are empty during the game.
pilgrim
blueeyedbear said:

pilgrim said:

Baylor counts season ticket seats as attendance even if the seats are empty during the game.
I know that. But it was quoted above as attendance. My take is that there were 4,600-4,700 or so.
HuttoBear
I don't know where the blame should be directed---but this team is mediocre at best...imo
Olympia3
I'll continue to support. But, can understand why some don't want to go. A team that chucks threes up, plays weak defense, and can't do anything in the post. Sorry not fun or good basketball to watch. I still will. But, this isn't a good team.
blueeyedbear
pilgrim said:

blueeyedbear said:

pilgrim said:

I know that. But it was quoted above as attendance. My take is that there were 4,600-4,700 or so.
I was not arguing with you - just stating how the discrepancy between what you actually saw and what Baylor reported.
edible_waffles
The fact this is a thread is depressing. There was once a time where women's attendance was equal to (if not more than) men's attendance.
Dcheetah
Women only outdrew men n a season before the men became good. Not since with any wbb team even with mbb complaining about attendance too.

Also, this team is good, not mediocre although not great and not up to past standards.

MrGolfguy
edible_waffles said:

There was once a time where women's attendance was equal to (if not more than) men's attendance.
Sadly, as we have found out in the past 2 years, about half of the WBB fans were really Kim Mulkey fans and not Baylor fans.
lookin4awin
The more you win the easier it is to draw a crowd.

Most everyone here wants the Baylor program to be successful. Lots on here still think Mulkey is a phenomenal coach and speak up when her coaching ability gets trashed. Pulling for CNC and her program, and appreciating Mulkey for what she has done and is doing now aren't mutually exclusive-although sadly a few seem to spin it that a way.
Bear2393
lookin4awin said:

The more you win the easier it is to draw a crowd.

Most everyone here wants the Baylor program to be successful. Lots on here still think Mulkey is a phenomenal coach and speak up when her coaching ability gets trashed. Pulling for CNC and her program, and appreciating Mulkey for what she has done and is doing now aren't mutually exclusive-although sadly a few seem to spin it that a way.

That is very well put!
Aliceinbubbleland
edible_waffles said:

The fact this is a thread is depressing. There was once a time where women's attendance was equal to (if not more than) men's attendance.
A lot of us blue hairs have died...or are about to croak. Wasn't women's BB predominately an old folks fan following?
canoso
blueeyedbear said:

pilgrim said:

Which is precisely why I asked for the number of people in the seats. To give the number of seats sold as "attendance" is deceptive, and deliberately so.
BaylorTaxman
I posted the attendance number that was published. I went to the game (as always) but did not have time to count everyone there. That takes time and I was busy.

Coach wanted 10,000. It was about half full. Whether that was 5,500 or 4,700, I don't think it changes much.

SSadler
canoso said:

blueeyedbear said:

pilgrim said:

Which is precisely why I asked for the number of people in the seats. To give the number of seats sold as "attendance" is deceptive, and deliberately so.
Every major D1 university does it. Decepttive or not.

Get over it and move on.

It ain't gonna change.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.