Tonight's performance was an injustice

6,109 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Timbear
whitetrash
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If you were there, you know what that means
ScottS
refs?
hitmanmw
Why don't you help out the rest of us??

That last 3 by OSU was a joke. Unreal.
SirBearALot
What you say May be true? But the fact that Sarah was like one of 13 didn't help , she hits two or three of those we win going away the whole momentum swings our way but we were fighting from behind because we couldn't hit the three . we going to live by the three and we going to die by the three. May the threes be with us.
Bone Squad
It frustrates me that both this year and last year we have relied so much on shooting threes. We have just not been good enough in that area for it to be a consistently winning strategy. Our average is 32.85%, good for 109th in the country. That is decidedly "meh." Not awful, but "meh." But that's not enough to think that should be a key part of our offense against good teams.
Eball
CNC is a good coach we have some really good players and some really great players who are just unavailable right now so we are a good team playing in a good conference with a lot of good teams and a few average teams that can beat good teams on occasion. It is going to be game by game. 0-2 start in conference last year did not mean we could not win conference (we did) and so 3-0 start does not guarantee we will win it this year as last night's game shows. The days of just showing up and being better than everyone else are over. Welcome to the new normal! It may be more exciting to watch every game and we sure will shoot a lot of threes...
Easy Money
For the most part we looked like a clown team
BuinmyBlood
whitetrash said:

Shocked that I seem to be the only one who knows what you're talking about, or at least is willing to admit it. Surely everyone saw the sweatshirts with the nice political message that everybody on our sidelines was wearing. Didn't care for it particularly myself. Leave the social messaging at home and play basketball...
Stefano DiMera
Nobody knows what the hell y'all are talking about..

Start a thread on the R&P board and I might wander over and look at it.
whitetrash
BuinmyBlood said:

whitetrash said:

Shocked that I seem to be the only one who knows what you're talking about, or at least is willing to admit it. Surely everyone saw the sweatshirts with the nice political message that everybody on our sidelines was wearing. Didn't care for it particularly myself. Leave the social messaging at home and play basketball...
Correct. Should have worn shirts that said "We were named National Team of the Week and the only thing we got were these lousy T-shirts".
blueeyedbear
whitetrash said:

BuinmyBlood said:

whitetrash said:

Correct. Should have worn shirts that said "We were named National Team of the Week and the only thing we got were these lousy T-shirts".
I like that - much more appropriate
CNC needs to leave her WNBA BS for the WNBA
T-REX
blueeyedbear said:

whitetrash said:

BuinmyBlood said:

whitetrash said:

yea because not like injustice in the world is such a terrible thing
DFW Baylor Social Media Promoter
Baylor MBA 2023
THE BAYLOR APOLOGY TOUR IS OVER!!!
Twitter: T_REX1991
Instagram: t_rex_bu
Bone Squad
Stefano DiMera said:

Nobody knows what the hell y'all are talking about..

Start a thread on the R&P board and I might wander over and look at it.
They are referring to the shirt Coach Nicki and others wore to the game.

itsjuzme
Beautiful shirts with a beautiful message! Where's the lie? What's the problem?
Breakpoint45
It's hard to understand how the Bears are consistently out rebounded with Abraham and Porter on the roster. Not only does Abraham eat rebounds for breakfast, but she also blocks more than the occasional shot. Surely, she can't miss as many shots as Asbury, or foul as much as Bickle. Plus, any minutes she gets now carries the added bonus of her NOT playing like freshman next year, as is the case with Kendra.

Erica's doghouse adventure is even more perplexing. She's athletic as anyone on the team. She's got Big 10 experience, and she practically bailed the team out with critical points and rebounds against OU.

Coach should probably expand her rotation and make use of all of her chess pieces.
Bone Squad
I'm willing to assume that what the coach sees in practice is good justification for why those players are not on the floor.
Adriacus Peratuun
Breakpoint45 said:

It's hard to understand how the Bears are consistently out rebounded with Abraham and Porter on the roster. Not only does Abraham eat rebounds for breakfast, but she also blocks more than the occasional shot. Surely, she can't miss as many shots as Asbury, or foul as much as Bickle. Plus, any minutes she gets now carries the added bonus of her NOT playing like freshman next year, as is the case with Kendra.

Erica's doghouse adventure is even more perplexing. She's athletic as anyone on the team. She's got Big 10 experience, and she practically bailed the team out with critical points and rebounds against OU.

Coach should probably expand her rotation and make use of all of her chess pieces.
Maybe learning all the defensive rotations and offensive sets might help.

Abraham isn't close to being floor ready. Porter is closer but not close.

Stop the nonsense.
blueeyedbear
T-REX said:

blueeyedbear said:

whitetrash said:

BuinmyBlood said:

whitetrash said:

yea because not like injustice in the world is such a terrible thing
I go to sporting events to enjoy the sport(s) - not to see political or woke or someone forcing their opinion or philosophy. KEEP POLITICS OUT OF THE ATHLETIC ARENA - can't we enjoy a couple of hours ??
There are plenty of other avenues available.
Breakpoint45
Adriacus Peratuun said:

Breakpoint45 said:

Maybe learning all the defensive rotations and offensive sets might help.

Abraham isn't close to being floor ready. Porter is closer but not close.

Stop the nonsense.
There's nothing like taking L s while waiting for talent to become "floor ready" whatever that means. The Juco transfer seems about as floor ready as a fifth grader, while Erica Porter got three buckets and three rebounds in crunch time of the OU game.

Your floor ready is the nonsense.
Proud 1992 Alum
I am sure Nike sent out those tshirts to all of their schools for the upcoming MLK holiday. It's not a controversial quote. I don't like political messages either but this particular tshirt isn't problematic.
SSadler
A possibility . . .

Monday, January 16 is MLK day, and a BU holiday. Lady Bears don't play another home game until two days after.

So, MLK=issues of injustice=taking notice before rather than after.

just a hunch
lookin4awin
Sounds like a good hunch.
fredbear
I'm not for politics at games, but that seems like a pretty simple message we could all affirm. Basically a summary of the biblical minor prophets. Injustice is never a good thing. How could u be against Justice? I was not offended.
juliejay84
What appears to be unfortunate is a message of this sort is perceived by some of you as political vs one that is worth supporting, and as others have mentioned in alignment with Jesus' teachings.

It's worthy of reflection. MLKs quote and our individual reactions.

PS I'd rather be talking about the ballgame.
blueeyedbear
juliejay84 said:

What appears to be unfortunate is a message of this sort is perceived by some of you as political vs one that is worth supporting, and as others have mentioned in alignment with Jesus' teachings.

But you are not ...... and that is my point.
BaylorTaxman
I can't imagine being this triggered by a t-shirt….good grief.

The only thing that triggered me was poor rebounding and shooting. That was an injustice to shooting and rebounding everywhere.
BluesBear
juliejay84 said:

P.S. this like 1000000x. Why is one man so special that he gets his own Day - no other American gets that recognition? What's so special - surely Washington, Lincoln, JFK, etc accomplishments are just as worthy? Besides, they get the entire month of February to celebrate...

Baylor needs to leave Politics out of stuff. You want the players to wear a patch or something - perfect. But what if I was a player who didn't necessary agree with the MLK Image (child out of wedlock, womanizer) yet I have to wear that message.....huh?
itsjuzme
BaylorTaxman said:

The only thing that triggered me was poor rebounding and shooting. That was an injustice to shooting and rebounding everywhere.
Same.
KIA
It's amusing to me when the people who think is America is soft because we care so much about 'feelings' and then they see a T-shirt that hurts their 'feelings' and somehow their righteous indignation is justified.
SirBearALot
Here is an idea why don't they wear a t-shirt with a quote by Jesus that says something like love your neighbor? Oh but wait, that would trigger the left because we shouldn't have Bible verses involved in college sports!
canoso
itsjuzme said:

Beautiful shirts with a beautiful message! Where's the lie? What's the problem?
It's an athletic event, not a woke rally? As for "injustice," who, exactly, is defining the term?
ScottS
BaylorTaxman said:

Also poor refereeing.
mcleod66
ScottS said:

BaylorTaxman said:

Also poor refereeing.
per usual...the refs, especially in the womens game, are abhorent.
IowaBear
Yes let's blame the refereeing, you seem to think every loss is on the refs. What a loser mentality
Stefano DiMera
I try to steer recruits away from this message board .. y'all can thank me later.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.