Tonight's performance was an injustice

6,106 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Timbear
ScottS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Stefano DiMera said:

I try to steer recruits away from this message board .. y'all can thank me later.
Because we bash refs?
mcleod66
IowaBear said:

Yes let's blame the refereeing, you seem to think every loss is on the refs. What a loser mentality
I did not blame the refs. They ARE abhorent, but they were not the reason for this loss and certainly not "every loss." We played poorly. We lost. Nowhere in my statement did i "blame the refereeing."
curtpenn
T-REX said:

blueeyedbear said:

whitetrash said:

BuinmyBlood said:

whitetrash said:

If you were there, you know what that means

Shocked that I seem to be the only one who knows what you're talking about, or at least is willing to admit it. Surely everyone saw the sweatshirts with the nice political message that everybody on our sidelines was wearing. Didn't care for it particularly myself. Leave the social messaging at home and play basketball...
Correct. Should have worn shirts that said "We were named National Team of the Week and the only thing we got were these lousy T-shirts".
I like that - much more appropriate
CNC needs to leave her WNBA BS for the WNBA
yea because not like injustice in the world is such a terrible thing

Just glad the wearing of sweatshirts fixes that.
Chibears2
OMG. Martin Luther King, Jr., was and is a major influence in the lives of people of color, and if you haven't noticed our athletic teams include such people of color. What, come play for us, come entertain us, come suffer injury (and insult for us), but by goodness, leave your heroes and ideas out of…what, MY ARENA? And if you listen to just King's words, we should all probably try to live by many of them, as well, as they line up with many Biblical principals. King was a preacher before all else. Was he perfect in his conduct in his personal life? Not always. But that hasn't stopped many of us from following other imperfect preachers, Christian artists, and Christian authors, because we know no one IS perfect.

If espousing kindness and Justice and equality is political, then Jesus was head of state. NOTHING on that shirt espoused a political party, a candidate or a political stance unless you support a party that embraces cruelty, injustice or inequality. Hopefully, that's not so.
oso loco
Wow, very well said
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
KIA said:

It's amusing to me when the people who think is America is soft because we care so much about 'feelings' and then they see a T-shirt that hurts their 'feelings' and somehow their righteous indignation is justified.

Great post sir.
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
Limited IQ Redneck in PU
I have flagged political stuff on sports boards but like Fred said this isnt political. The shirt ecpresses an idea found on several verses and we are a Baptist school.

I dont see how anyone could be against it .
I have found theres only two ways to go:
Living fast or dying slow.
I dont want to live forever.
But I will live while I'm here.
historian
Bone Squad said:

Stefano DiMera said:

Nobody knows what the hell y'all are talking about..

Start a thread on the R&P board and I might wander over and look at it.
They are referring to the shirt Coach Nicki and others wore to the game.

There is nothing wrong with a t-shirt sporting a famous MLK quote days before MLK's birthday. I see it as more of a historical statement than a political one. (I would!)
Task Force 2015
I believe the t-shirt came from the NCAA.
BUgolfbear

Yep, let's Fire up another missed 3-pointer with our BG patch on our jersey. that will help a lot!
Timbear
We don't want our sports teams demonstrating and being billboards for political and social issues during the Baylor sponsored sporting events that they're participating in. Every player and coach is free to express their views on their own time as private citizens. NC is not doing well as the WBB coach at Baylor. Maybe she and the players would do better if they focused 100% on their jobs.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.