Sick of all the hate in this group!

2,489 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by jumpinjoe
graceontap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This forum has turned toxic. The criticism about our coach, our AD and even our coaches game shirts has gotten out of hand!! Are you upset that our coaches wore shirts supporting our service men and women? We're they thinking about our veterans instead of basketball?

Are you gracious enough to congratulate our coaches and players for their win last night?

If you paid any attention to CNC you would know that she is incredible at breaking down what it takes to compete against the strengths of our opponents.

If you paid any attention, you would hear our players talk about how much they love their coaching staff. Even Naylissa and Queen gave CNC credit for changing their games.

My hope is that all of us will show up on Sunday and give our women and coaches the support they deserve.
Bearettes 1977
JLJBU01
Great Post! 100% agree! Either get behind the team or stay away and stop the negativity. I dread logging on here and reading all the toxic comments (that seem to always come out after a loss). I love and support our coaches and our team and think we have a bright future ahead. The love the team has for CNC should show the naysayers a lot......
ScottS
From my experience, our boards are much tamer than other school's boards.
boatergal
ScottS said:

I don't care how tame they are or aren't. The criticizing of CNC and the players on this team is really pathetic. I know the coaches and players see this forum. This is a young team with injuries to key players as well as the situation with Dre. CNC won the Big 12 on a limited roster during her first season! She recruited very well for this year and two of our freshman playing top level basketball. Recruiting for next season is looking strong as well. This is a very strong Big 12 Conference, unlike many previous seasons where BU and UT were the only strong teams. Let's support this team by showing up for games! UT comes to town Sunday after taking a loss to Texas Tech. Vic will have them fired up! Sic'em!
Lynnp550
Maybe so. That does not make it right.
ScottS
boatergal said:

ScottS said:

I don't care how tame they are or aren't. The criticizing of CNC and the players on this team is really pathetic. I know the coaches and players see this forum. This is a young team with injuries to key players as well as the situation with Dre. CNC won the Big 12 on a limited roster during her first season! She recruited very well for this year and two of our freshman playing top level basketball. Recruiting for next season is looking strong as well. This is a very strong Big 12 Conference, unlike many previous seasons where BU and UT were the only strong teams. Let's support this team by showing up for games! UT comes to town Sunday after taking a loss to Texas Tech. Vic will have them fired up! Sic'em!
But why address it like this and not directly toward a negative post? The person writing the negative post might not see this thread.
boatergal
JLJBU01 said:

Great Post! 100% agree! Either get behind the team or stay away and stop the negativity. I dread logging on here and reading all the toxic comments (that seem to always come out after a loss). I love and support our coaches and our team and think we have a bright future ahead. The love the team has for CNC should show the naysayers a lot......
Nailed it!!! I could not agree more with you!.
boatergal
ScottS said:

boatergal said:

ScottS said:

But why address it like this and not directly toward a negative post? The person writing the negative post might not see this thread.
There are so many negative posts--which one should I choose?? They will see them. The title of this thread will garner some attention.
Bear3
This forum is an absolute beating after a loss.

I am sure Nicki and Mack do not care what "fans" say, but some players, recruits and parents read this forum and that is scary…
Malbec
There is nothing wrong with thoughtful and measured criticism. Gratuitous disparagement is a whole other story, and those who do it need to be called out for it. At the same time, we shouldn't lump the former in with the latter.
BUBBFAN
ScottS said:

No excuse.
ScottS
I still say you are talking in a vacuum. Better to call someone out directly rather than hand wring here without any reference to an actual negative post. Too vague for my blood.
GrizBear
graceontap said:

This forum has turned toxic. The criticism about our coach, our AD and even our coaches game shirts has gotten out of hand!! Are you upset that our coaches wore shirts supporting our service men and women? We're they thinking about our veterans instead of basketball?

Are you gracious enough to congratulate our coaches and players for their win last night?

If you paid any attention to CNC you would know that she is incredible at breaking down what it takes to compete against the strengths of our opponents.

If you paid any attention, you would hear our players talk about how much they love their coaching staff. Even Naylissa and Queen gave CNC credit for changing their games.

My hope is that all of us will show up on Sunday and give our women and coaches the support they deserve.
Criticism of the coach, AD or game shirts is hate?

I don't believe you would have applied this standard equally over time. Otherwise, I don't believe you would say the forum has turned toxic. Do you need examples?
BearFan33
My experience here is that it was very toxic after the unexpected departure of our old coach. Some was directed at Mack, the new coaching staff and sadly sometimes at the remaining and new players. Some of the toxicity was directed at the old coach which led others to vigorously defend her. That has died down mostly but resurfaces after a loss and by trolls who bring up the old coach in new threads to stir up trouble.

IMO we should all keep in mind that we don't know who reads these boards and should keep our criticisms as fair and objective as possible. With that said criticisms should be allowed and discussed.
chorne68
I am sorry...I do not see hate. At times, frustration. We love our Bears.
Eball
Well...I got off the MBB board years ago as I thought it was absolutely toxic and the criticism of Drew was beyond the pale. Let's face it there was not ever a whole lot to criticize on the WBB board for years. We were just that good sure you had some but hey they won almost every game they played except for the final game of a season.

It is a bit of a shock, but this is what sports fan boards are for the most part fans thinking they know more than they do.

Eball
boatergal said:

ScottS said:

boatergal said:

ScottS said:

There are so many negative posts--which one should I choose?? They will see them. The title of this thread will garner some attention.
I would like to see the negative posts you are talking about.
SSadler
Bear3 said:

This forum is an absolute beating after a loss.

I am sure Nicki and Mack do not care what "fans" say, but some players, recruits and parents read this forum and that is scary…
Baylor ADs have been known to check websites. Ian made the mistake of leaving his screen open to Baylorfans on one occasion doing exactly this.
LIB,MR BEARS
Per the MBB board, Bridges is horrible and everyone but the staff knows it.

The criticism is the same on both boards. You have. Cheerleaders that see everything as rosy and the suicidal that are ready to jump. Most everyone else is pretty normal.
GelaBear
Absolutely agree. The whole site has become rather toxic since we aren't having another "Year of the Bear". There's disappointment, which I can understand. Every fan feels disappointment after a loss or a coach leaves. After the t-shirt meltdown, I decided not to spend much time in the Forums. I'm going to continue cheering on the teams.
jumpinjoe
Many of those toxic fans are not fans, but Trojan horses that come to this website as fans of another school to create as much controversy as possible, and enjoy watching real fans get upset. There is no way for the admins to screen the toxicity from the boards unless the post crosses the line of decency.
Joined BaylorFans in 1999 under username jumpinjoe. Have always been Jumpinjoe. Proud 4 Year Baylor letterman and 1968 graduate and charter member of Quartermiler U, produced school record in 400 IH.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.