Welcome back Jaden

1,789 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Bone Squad
ChapBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
She is so important to the team. Hope this is a confidence booster.
blueeyedbear
ChapBear said:

Yes she is and thing is Jaden was not 100.0% - That face to face collision was really a hard one. I think she was unconscious for a few seconds. I was and still am really worried about her. She had glazed over eyes every close up TV shot all game - kept dabbing Kleenex inside her nose in timeouts.

The announcers talk about how tough Caitlin is and its warranted, but Jaden is right there with Caitlin as far as toughness goes !!!

Hope she carries this game over to the Kansas game - that will get her back on track for the rest of the season.
ChapBear
blueeyedbear said:

ChapBear said:

Yes she is and thing is Jaden was not 100.0% - That face to face collision was really a hard one. I think she was unconscious for a few seconds. I was and still am really worried about her. She had glazed over eyes every close up TV shot all game - kept dabbing Kleenex inside her nose in timeouts.

The announcers talk about how tough Caitlin is and its warranted, but Jaden is right there with Caitlin as far as toughness goes !!!

Hope she carries this game over to the Kansas game - that will get her back on track for the rest of the season.
Thanks for sharing your great as always insight. Your love for the bears enriches my experience immensely. I am not local but haven't missed a tv game since 1974. I have traveled to many games over the years. Went to theWest Virginia game this year. That one was pretty ugly. Don't think we will play that badly again this year. Love the freshmen. They, including Abraham will be a great foundation to build on.
blueeyedbear
ChapBear said:

blueeyedbear said:

ChapBear said:

Thanks for sharing your great as always insight. Your love for the bears enriches my experience immensely. I am not local but haven't missed a tv game since 1974. I have traveled to many games over the years. Went to theWest Virginia game this year. That one was pretty ugly. Don't think we will play that badly again this year. Love the freshmen. They, including Abraham will be a great foundation to build on.
Thanks for the post Chapbear - we have 1974 in common - you could count the TV games on one hand and still wave with enough fingers so no one thought you were flipping them off.- now it's every game - WBB has come a long way since then.
The freshmen are special people as well as athletes !!
West Virginia has a habit of making a lot of visiting teams play ugly - men and womens !
Thanks for supporting the team from far away - your support is just as important as "locals"
Hope you post more !!
BU71
blueeyedbear said:

ChapBear said:

blueeyedbear said:

ChapBear said:

Thanks for the post Chapbear - we have 1974 in common - you could count the TV games on one hand and still wave with enough fingers so no one thought you were flipping them off.- now it's every game - WBB has come a long way since then.
The freshmen are special people as well as athletes !!
West Virginia has a habit of making a lot of visiting teams play ugly - men and womens !
Thanks for supporting the team from far away - your support is just as important as "locals"
Hope you post more !!

ChapBear makes an important point about the freshmen. Obviously Buggs & Bella will be a huge part of this team's development moving forward. Letycia Vasconcelos is four star recruit with size & mobility. While I expect her to make an impact I believe Kyla Abraham's continued development is also pivotal. If she becomes a contributor even if it is mainly as a rebounder and defender this will help Baylor compete at a higher level. Her athleticism fits CNC's scheme well. I'd like to know how her development is going. Porter is listed as a junior so we should be deeper in the post next year. If Dre returns as expected the front court looks good. This could change a great deal depending on what happens with the transfer portal.
Bear3
Does anyone know if Kendra Gillespie is still enrolled at Baylor?

I have no knowledge of her personal situation but I just have a feeling she is not going to return to the team.
ScottS
Bear3 said:

Does anyone know if Kendra Gillespie is still enrolled at Baylor?

I have no knowledge of her personal situation but I just have a feeling she is not going to return to the team.

She is listed on the official roster...

2022-23 Women's Basketball Roster - Baylor University Athletics (baylorbears.com)
BearPawUp
I know she is listed on the roster, but I feel the same way that she may not be returning.
Bone Squad
Back to the original topic, I like Jaden being more aggressive. We can't really afford for her to be a non-factor, and it sounds like Coach Collen really drove that home to her. Hopefully she's fully back to normal after that collision.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.