#@$&*%+ ESPN+

2,686 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Brownbw
Lynnp550
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is anybody getting the game??
Baylorkid
Yes
whitetrash
If you can't get the game, you're missing another stinko performance.
BUVA
Lynnp550 said:

Is anybody getting the game??

Had to dig to find it. Go to Browse on ESPN+, then to Leagues--Big 12. Not a marquee game.
MrGolfguy
No issues here
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
SSadler
I'm not even trying to mess with ESPN+.

You guys will have to update me on the game.
3rdgenbear
Baylor leads 30 - 28 at half.
geewago
ESPN+ only works with high speed internet and I do mean HIGH SPEED. Sometimes even then it's a joke.
Russell Gym
geewago said:

ESPN+ only works with high speed internet and I do mean HIGH SPEED. Sometimes even then it's a joke.

"High speed" must vary widely in different locations. I have a low-end fiber service and have never had an issue, even with 3-4 other devices pulling data. Marketing mailers and emails constantly arrive, telling me I need more bandwidth. Not yet.
SSadler
Once I can get it loaded/open, the feed is fine,

It's missing the first 5-10 minutes of a game (and the link is never active until game starts) is the frustrating part to me.

Worthless, absolutely worthless.
Russell Gym
SSadler said:

It's missing the first 5-10 minutes of a game (and the link is never active until game starts) is the frustrating part to me.

That's really interesting. My link is also not active until game time, but when it's a few minutes before tip, the feed cranks up for me without delay. Sounds like a crapshoot from location to location.
Lynnp550
Russell Gym said:

SSadler said:

That's really interesting. My link is also not active until game time, but when it's a few minutes before tip, the feed cranks up for me without delay. Sounds like a crapshoot from location to location.
In McGregor. Used to get entire game but no more. Now it's 10 minutes into the game before it opens, maybe their way of saving money?
Russell Gym
Lynnp550 said:

Russell Gym said:

SSadler said:

In McGregor. Used to get entire game but no more. Now it's 10 minutes into the game before it opens, maybe their way of saving money?

Could be, I guess. They must be losing money in the Dallas area by broadcasting at tip-off. Strange.
juliejay84
I'm in Kansas City and have that experience of the "your event hasn't started yet" then it's there suddenly. I'm in the habit of listening to radio broadcast, then if I have an issue I'm not totally out of pocket. We could however start a new thread related to the oddities of the BU sports app.
geewago
Congratulations ESPN+. Your service was so great today that I missed the first 5 minutes and the last three minutes of the 1st quarter. Then I missed the first 3 minutes of the 2nd quarter. But thanks for giving me an uninterrupted 3rd & 4th.
MrGolfguy
Baby steps
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
BU71
geewago said:

Congratulations ESPN+. Your service was so great today that I missed the first 5 minutes and the last three minutes of the 1st quarter. Then I missed the first 3 minutes of the 2nd quarter. But thanks for giving me an uninterrupted 3rd & 4th.
The game on ESPNU ran long so I thought, no problem, I'll watch it on ESPN+ until ESPNU switches to our game. To my surprise ESPN+ didn't join the game until 5:38 in the first quarter. After the game was over I thought I'd go back to ESPN+ and watch the first 4:22 of the game but the replay started at the 5:38 mark just like the live broadcast. I'm so glad we pulled it out but I'm disappointed with ESPN!
BearFan33
I'm often busy during gametime and usually watch the games after they are over in the "on demand" area
605Bear
Looks like the fixed it. I just watched and there are two recordings posted of the game. One recording is 2 hours long and starts at the beginning before tip off. The other recording is 1 hr 54 min, which I presume is the late start one that you mentioned.
BU82EX
whitetrash said:

If you can't get the game, you're missing another stinko performance.
Beat the number 12 team in the country with another stinko performance. Let's hope we continue to stink to your standards!!!
BU71
605Bear said:

Looks like the fixed it. I just watched and there are two recordings posted of the game. One recording is 2 hours long and starts at the beginning before tip off. The other recording is 1 hr 54 min, which I presume is the late start one that you mentioned.
Thanks for the tip, I was able to select another video and see the first 5 minutes.
Brownbw
geewago said:

I have had little problems with espn. And the only internet I have is my phone hotspot
2023 ADOPT-A-BEAR
KADEN SIERACKI #74
6’8’’ 315 RF WOODLANDS
Big boy is going to put some hurt on big 12 foes
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.