Story Poster
Photo by Jack Mackenzie - SicEm365
Baylor Women's Basketball

The 1-3-1: Baylor (18-10, 9-7) at No. 19 Texas (22-7, 13-3)

February 26, 2023

Baylor will look to pull off the upset on Monday night with just one day’s rest as they head to the Moody Center in Austin. The Bears (18-10, 9-7) will try to keep their two-game winning streak alive against No. 19 and Big 12-leading Texas (22-7, 13-3) starting at 6:00 p.m.

Here is the 1-3-1 on Baylor and Texas.

One Player:

While Rori Harmon gets most of the headlines, and rightfully so, it’s Shaylee Gonzales (12.6ppg) that leads Texas in scoring.

To continue reading, you must be a SicEm365 Premium subscriber.
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial
Discussion from...

The 1-3-1: Baylor (18-10, 9-7) at No. 19 Texas (22-7, 13-3)

6,750 Views | 67 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SirBearALot
MrGolfguy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just win (Lady) Bears!
Well I ain't no greenhorn!!
slimecap
Baylorkid
I'm glad coach finally adjusted and went big and removed asberry and put Littlepage buggs in
Baylorkid
Littlepage-Buggs going to work! Leave her in the starting 5 permanently please!
Baylorkid
Our post players going to work! Great job Bickle, Fontleroy and Littlepage-Buggs
Baylorkid
I've said this a couple years ago! Bickle is a mini version of Lauren Cox. Versatile big who can do everything! Wish Kim utilized her more her first 3 years! I remember when AP would bash me for praising Bickle! Look at how important she is to our team! Suck on that AP!
KIA
Officials keeping their whistles in their pockets. Not sure who that benefits more, but I like it.
Baylorkid
Dang it Jaden! Bad play that leads to a foul for Buggs!
Baylorkid
Love the fight we are showing right now! Keep it up another 20 minutes!
slimecap
WacoKelly83
They keep talking Daria for big 12 freshman of the year. Why not national FOY? Does anyone know who the contenders are?
slimecap
graceontap
Way to go Ladies!! AND great coaching CNC!! Love the zone mixed in!
Bearettes 1977
MrGolfguy
Overall a very good half; need to battle for more rebounds but I'm really happy with how they are playing.
Baylorkid
WacoKelly83 said:

They keep talking Daria for big 12 freshman of the year. Why not national FOY? Does anyone know who the contenders are?

There's not much freshmen I know making huge impacts right now but maybe Flau'jae Johnson of LSU! But yeah darianna should have a good chance at getting it
Baylorkid
Looks like the 3rd quarter is our worst quarter in a game
Baylorkid
Bickle we need you on the floor girl
Max Roguespierre
Baylorkid said:

Bickle we need you on the floor girl
Silly foul. Nothing to gain from it.
Dr. J
Can't watch Owens missed layups and lazy passes.
Bears09
Jaden has absolutely regressed. Painful to watch her turnovers. If not 100% why have her out there as a liability?!
Baylorkid
Bears09 said:

Jaden has absolutely regressed. Painful to watch her turnovers. If not 100% why have her out there as a liability?!

She needs to work on finishing strong for contested layups
Baylorkid
Why isn't Jana playing?
graceontap
Didn't look like a lazy man pass to me!
Bearettes 1977
slimecap
Baylorkid said:

WacoKelly83 said:

There's not much freshmen I know making huge impacts right now but maybe Flau'jae Johnson of LSU! But yeah darianna should have a good chance at getting it
kbrun
Just saw CNC swatting on the sidelines and teaching. Sorry but I haven't seen much of that this year. Proud of our girls!!!
Max Roguespierre
Porter missed on two layups. Need Bickle back in.

Baylorkid
slimecap said:

Baylorkid said:

WacoKelly83 said:

I know! Littlepage-Buggs has a good shot at getting it
rileyroo
I expect to see Bickle now. Make our layups in that quarter and we are up double digits. I'm impressed with the resilience of the Bears tonight.
slimecap

Gold Guys in Austin
Sic 'em !
Max Roguespierre
Baylorkid said:

WacoKelly83 said:

Not entirely correct. The freshman likely to get the national newcomer award is Ta'Niya Latson of Florida State (averaging over 20 points a game). But Littlepage-Buggs is up there and certainly the top freshman in the Big 12.
MrGolfguy
Looking good Ladies, keep it going
Max Roguespierre
Andrews has made some incredible shots. The degree of difficulty on some of them is fantastic.
Baylorkid
Max Roguespierre said:

Baylorkid said:

WacoKelly83 said:

Not entirely correct. The freshman likely to get the national newcomer award is Ta'Niya Latson of Florida State (averaging over 20 points a game). But Littlepage-Buggs is up there and certainly the top freshman in the Big 12.

Oh yeah forgot about her! Didn't she consider Baylor at some point?
3rdgenbear
C'mon ladies, finish strong! This would be a super win for our program!

Sic'em!!!
Max Roguespierre
Baylorkid said:

Max Roguespierre said:

Baylorkid said:

WacoKelly83 said:

Oh yeah forgot about her! Didn't she consider Baylor at some point?
Yes, she did. Latson chose FSU over Baylor, Georgia, Kentucky, Miami (FL), NC State, Texas and Virginia Tech.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.