Odyssey Sims update

2,266 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by whitetrash
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Below are excerpts from a 27 Feb 2023 article:
Odyssey Sims Happy To Play in own backyard with AU Hoops
Excerpts
.. Roots are important to Odyssey Sims, who was born and raised in Dallas-area suburb Irving, where she starred at MacArthur High School and was national high school player of the year in 2010.
.. As a pro, she has played near her hometown only once, in 2016 with the WNBA's Dallas Wings in their first season after relocating from Tulsa. So, when the opportunity to again play in the Dallas area, where she continues to call home, arose with Athletes Unlimited in 2023, she intended to take full advantage of such a great opportunity.
.. She's ecstatic over returning to AU and playing before friends and family at Fair Park Coliseum because of the great experience she had during AU's inaugural season of basketball in Las Vegas in 2022.
.. When asked what impressed her most about year one of AU Basketball, Sims cited those working behind the scenes to make the league such a great destination for top players like herself.

Link for entire article that includes details about Athletes Unlimited
https://auprosports.com/read/odyssey-sims-dallas-texas-athletes-unlimited-basketball/
blueeyedbear
slimecap said:

Below are excerpts from a 27 Feb 2023 article:
Odyssey Sims Happy To Play in own backyard with AU Hoops
Excerpts
.. Roots are important to Odyssey Sims, who was born and raised in Dallas-area suburb Irving, where she starred at MacArthur High School and was national high school player of the year in 2010.
.. As a pro, she has played near her hometown only once, in 2016 with the WNBA's Dallas Wings in their first season after relocating from Tulsa. So, when the opportunity to again play in the Dallas area, where she continues to call home, arose with Athletes Unlimited in 2023, she intended to take full advantage of such a great opportunity.
.. She's ecstatic over returning to AU and playing before friends and family at Fair Park Coliseum because of the great experience she had during AU's inaugural season of basketball in Las Vegas in 2022.
.. When asked what impressed her most about year one of AU Basketball, Sims cited those working behind the scenes to make the league such a great destination for top players like herself.

Link for entire article that includes details about Athletes Unlimited
https://auprosports.com/read/odyssey-sims-dallas-texas-athletes-unlimited-basketball/
Best wishes to Odyssey.
ctxbear
I'm curious as to what O's future in basketball will be. She seems to have gotten by as a free agent with being picked up here and there on WNBA teams as the seasons roll on, but I wonder how long that will last? By all accounts, her career has been a good one and has lasted much longer than the average WNBA career. Also, it's been a few years (according to Wikipedia, since she's played overseas.)

Any insight into what may be next for her? She was always real fun to watch.
SSadler
One of the best tributes to Odyssey's "best" years came from KMulkey when Mulkey said, "I would hate to have to guard Odyssey Sims, and I would hate to be guarded by Odyssey Sims.

pretty solid statement
Task Force 2015
That is a very solid statement.O was paid a compliment by Skylar Diggins back when both were in college.When Skylar was asked about getting a shot off against Griner she said something to the effect that you first face the difficult task of trying to get past Odessy Sims.
whitetrash
Task Force 2015 said:

That is a very solid statement.O was paid a compliment by Skylar Diggins back when both were in college.When Skylar was asked about getting a shot off against Griner she said something to the effect that you first face the difficult task of trying to get past Odessy Sims.
I always said that Odyssey wore #0 and Skylar wore #4, in honor of the number of times each lost to the other in college.
blueeyedbear
whitetrash said:

Task Force 2015 said:

I always said that Odyssey wore #0 and Skylar wore #4, in honor of the number of times each lost to the other in college.
WOW !! I never put that together - Awesome post
DFW Bill
On March 31, 2014, Baylor lost 88-69 to Norte Dame. Sims and Diggins played against each other.

Baylor beat Norte Dame 80-69 on April 4, 2012 and also on Dec. 5, 2012 73-61. Sims and Diggins both played.

The Baylor archives are hard to navigate, they may have played a fourth time against each other.

LTBear19
I could be wrong, but if memory seves me correctly, I believe they did meet 4 times, with Sims getting the best of Diggins in each meeting.

2011 Regular Season (@ Baylor)
2012 Regular Season (@ Baylor - Preseason NIT)
2012 National Title Game (in Denver)
2013 Regular Season (@ Notre Dame)
whitetrash
DFW Bill said:

On March 31, 2014, Baylor lost 88-69 to Norte Dame. Sims and Diggins played against each other.

Baylor beat Norte Dame 80-69 on April 4, 2012 and also on Dec. 5, 2012 73-61. Sims and Diggins both played.

The Baylor archives are hard to navigate, they may have played a fourth time against each other.

Diggins was at ND from 2009-2013 (one year ahead of Odyssey). ND didn't beat BU until the 2014 Elite Eight.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.