2019 Jordyn Oliver

35,401 Views | 92 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by slimecap
TXtoCO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ChapBear said:

lookin4awin said:

GarlandBear84 said:

Pale Rider said:

Is Jordyn going to be our #1 pg for 19-20?

Kim, with a true frosh starting PG!? I say no way and she seems more of a 2. Honesty is also more of a 2. Let's use a grad transfer PG.
I hear you Garland Bear, but I don't think we should expect to be as lucky next year with a transfer PG. Chloe both on and off the court was a perfect match for our team. If Honesty is asked to play PG, based on her track record, I think she will be outstanding.
Juicy & Honesty will do just fine. What we desperately need is a back up post.
I suspect that Cox will be our starting post with Queen playing back-up. It's hard to get much better than that.

I agree that Juicy and Honesty will be more that adequate at the PG position. Juicy has learned what Kim like at that position and is the leading contender.
Dcheetah
LC and Sarah Andrews also worked this tournament together.
BU71
TXtoCO said:

ChapBear said:

lookin4awin said:

GarlandBear84 said:

Pale Rider said:

Kim, with a true frosh starting PG!? I say no way and she seems more of a 2. Honesty is also more of a 2. Let's use a grad transfer PG.
I hear you Garland Bear, but I don't think we should expect to be as lucky next year with a transfer PG. Chloe both on and off the court was a perfect match for our team. If Honesty is asked to play PG, based on her track record, I think she will be outstanding.
I suspect that Cox will be our starting post with Queen playing back-up. It's hard to get much better than that.

I agree that Juicy and Honesty will be more that adequate at the PG position. Juicy has learned what Kim like at that position and is the leading contender.
If Cox and Smith start up front and Queen comes off the bench we are very formidable, if we stay healthy. Endless options for the other three starting positions and lots of firepower everywhere you look. If the D is what we have come to expect we will be in a good position to continue as a national power even with everyone we play trying to take us down.
GoldenBear
BU71 said:

TXtoCO said:

ChapBear said:

lookin4awin said:

GarlandBear84 said:

Pale Rider said:

If Cox and Smith start up front and Queen comes off the bench we are very formidable, if we stay healthy. Endless options for the other three starting positions and lots of firepower everywhere you look. If the D is what we have come to expect we will be in a good position to continue as a national power even with everyone we play trying to take us down.

WHY DO WE STILL HAVE THIS 1-YEAR OLD POST CLUTTERING UP THIS FORUM???
Wineguy89
GoldenBear said:

BU71 said:

TXtoCO said:

ChapBear said:

lookin4awin said:

GarlandBear84 said:

Pale Rider said:

WHY DO WE STILL HAVE THIS 1-YEAR OLD POST CLUTTERING UP THIS FORUM???

WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT US???
57Bear
Seems obvious to me.
Pale Rider
For those who pay attention it's a, as they say, a no brainer.
slimecap

Moved into summer dorm

JORDYN OLIVER
2019 Freshman

- Twitter feed of Jordyn Oliver, 10 Jul 2019
Pale Rider
Super.
jumpinjoe
I am so glad that CKM takes the advice you posted in this thread, because not only did she get a transfer point guard for 2019-2020, but she got that post for backup that you told her to get.
Joined BaylorFans in 1999 under username jumpinjoe. Have always been Jumpinjoe. Proud 4 Year Baylor letterman and 1968 graduate and charter member of Quartermiler U, produced school record in 400 IH.
slimecap

Chibears2
Looking forward to seeing her play. Think she is a really good one!
slimecap

Nov 14, 2019 vs HBU
BU71
I think we are witnessing the start of something really big. Jordan is playing point even though she is more of a 2 guard. The experience will make her even stronger in the years to come and if she continues to get playing time she will be a force by tournament time. We are hearing a lot about her basketball IQ and I remember reading a quote from her when she committed to the effect that she was willing to play where she is needed so add that to her physical talent and I think we have a star in the making.
slimecap

Dec 4, 2019 vs Georgia
slimecap

slimecap

@ West Virginia on Feb 24, 2020
Pale Rider
That girl gonna be good; really good.
slimecap
setshot
Thanks for posting that, slimecap. Jordyn has all her ducks in a row, it seems, and her values polished and gleaming. She is a promising player and an outstanding student. I hope that she is able to get the most from her college experience -- and I really like her game.

Coach Mulkey emphasizes classroom attendance and performance, and her players usually measure up to the high bar that she sets for them in that regard.
BU71
setshot said:

Thanks for posting that, slimecap. Jordyn has all her ducks in a row, it seems, and her values polished and gleaming. She is a promising player and an outstanding student. I hope that she is able to get the most from her college experience -- and I really like her game.

Coach Mulkey emphasizes classroom attendance and performance, and her players usually measure up to the high bar that she sets for them in that regard.
I believe Jordyn will take a large step forward this season. I admire the way she bought in to playing point guard. It will pay off for her in years to come. She will be more comfortable this year and I expect her to be a big-time contributor. Her athletic ability and length will allow her to be a defensive stopper. There's only one Didi but I wouldn't be surprised if she gets close because she seems to have the right attitude. She has potential to be a double digit scorer as well.
slimecap
slimecap

Dec 14, 2020
slimecap
Jordyn, I have followed your basketball achievements over the years. As a Baylor alum, I appreciate your hard work to prepare to become a Baylor student athlete. My family appreciates your 2 years of contributing to the Lady Bears on the court; endless practice/training time and distinction as a Baylor academic achiever. Best wishes for you and your family as your journey continues.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.