Loser: louisville per espn

5,290 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by wuzzy bear
Bigtexasmike
How long do you want to ignore this user?

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/story/_/id/22733599/winners-losers-year-women-ncaa-tournament-bracket

Because they have to face the lady bears per Graham Hays:

"Louisville: Wait, isn't Louisville's expected place in Lexington on the "winners" list? Yes, and the Cardinals are probably as happy as their fans that they could play in a regional so close to home. But coach Jeff Walz probably isn't too thrilled that Baylor, the best No. 2 seed in the selection committee's final reveal, is potentially headed his way instead of to Kansas City, Missouri. It's a small thing -- and a trade Louisville would likely make to stay at home, but it's a loss."

Thats right sic em.
Up up down down LR LR BA select start
whitetrash
One could argue that placing Louisville with the best 2 means they are seeded below ND, or that placing BU with a higher 1 means we are seeded below UT.
Nguyen One Soon
whitetrash said:

One could argue that placing Louisville with the best 2 means they are seeded below ND, or that placing BU with a higher 1 means we are seeded below UT.
New requirement is you have to beat UT four times in a year to be seeded above them. You didn't get the memo?
EatMoreSalmon
And now a word from the latest NCAA committee chair,
gone to Tickfaw
the committtee chair is a major goofball

but i love Debbie Antonelli's idea of taking the sweet 16 to Vegas.

That way, you 1 could play 8; 4 could play 5

it does look like Texas was seeded above us

bearbone11
Comparing Massey profiles with Louisville, you can see that we should be favored by a fair amount. They won the ACC regular season and tournament, but they had a lot of games that were much closer than should be expected. They did not demolish the majority of their schedule like we did. They are the weakest one seed and we should be able to prove it.

Baylor Massey Profile
Louisville Massey Profile.
Pale Rider
Stop Aysia Durr and you stop Louisville.
gone to Tickfaw
let's rejoice in the opportunity for revenge
SirBearALot
I wish Kalani could go one-on-one with Charlie Creame for all the marbles.
BaylorProud77
Charlie rubs me the wrong way for some reason. Not a fan
BaylorTaxman
Creme doesn't hate or dislike Baylor. Back when the Committee had Baylor #8, he tweeted there were not seven teams out there better than Baylor. His role is to predict what the Committee was going to do, and he did a good job of that.

No matter what, we were likely going to play Louisville, a team against which we match up better than against Mississippi State. Now we get to play with a chip on our shoulder.

Life is good.
fredbear
Yes on sweet 16 to Vegas! Neutral sight. Fair to all.
whitetrash
fredbear said:

Yes on sweet 16 to Vegas! Neutral sight. Fair to all.
Would never happen. It's more than a 90 minute drive from Storrs.
EasyE
Pale Rider said:

The problem over the years has been the ability to stop the guards from beating us (see Louisville, Oregon State, Mississippi State). All 3 beat us because of the guards making shots.
EasyE
bearbone11 said:

Comparing Massey profiles with Louisville, you can see that we should be favored by a fair amount. They won the ACC regular season and tournament, but they had a lot of games that were much closer than should be expected. They did not demolish the majority of their schedule like we did. They are the weakest one seed and we should be able to prove it.

Baylor Massey Profile

How are.they weaker.than ND?
geewago
EasyE said:

Because they beat ND. TWICE!!
EasyE
geewago said:

EasyE said:

Because they beat ND. TWICE!!

Yep, they must have worn themselves down so much in those wins that they somehow became the weaker team.
EasyE
It so clear that $, as always is the driving force, otherwise Mississippi State would be the #1 in Lexington with Texas as the #2, and Baylor would be the #1 in Kansas City with Notre Dame or Oregon as the #2. Makes too much sense to me.
bearbone11
Norte Dame must be a bad match for Louisville, because the computers all have them ranked higher despite the losses. Having watched them I tend to agree.
Pale Rider
EasyE said:

It so clear that $, as always is the driving force, otherwise Mississippi State would be the #1 in Lexington with Texas as the #2, and Baylor would be the #1 in Kansas City with Notre Dame or Oregon as the #2. Makes too much sense to me.

Easy E, you are being way too honest, not to mention logical.
Pale Rider
EasyE said:

Pale Rider said:

The problem over the years has been the ability to stop the guards from beating us (see Louisville, Oregon State, Mississippi State). All 3 beat us because of the guards making shots.

Egg xactly !!
lookin4awin
I like where we are in the tourney. Might take a little pressure off not being a one seed.

I agree that we have the second best chance of winning the tourney behind U. Conn- and in a one game determiner, who knows....

Our major concern is of course Brown and Cox getting in foul trouble when we play teams with strong bigs.....

But overall, I think we are in good shape to make a good run.
blackie
EasyE said:

Pale Rider said:

Just remember we beat Louisville by over 30 last year. I suspect both teams are better. I know we are.
RioRata
EasyE said:

bearbone11 said:

Baylor Massey Profile

The computers clearly understand "The Process". Muffy McMuffin's team is Jersey Rhule tough.
Big12
lookin4awin said:

I like where we are in the tourney. Might take a little pressure off not being a one seed.

I agree that we have the second best chance of winning the tourney behind U. Conn- and in a one game determiner, who knows....

Our major concern is of course Brown and Cox getting in foul trouble when we play teams with strong bigs.....

Having anyone get in foul trouble would be a problem. Another would be that the opponent uses a full-court press over an extended time. UT's press was very effective in the game in Austin, but for some reason Aston failed to recognize that and did not press much in the Big 12 tournament.
4th and Inches
Big12 said:

lookin4awin said:

Having anyone get in foul trouble would be a problem. Another would be that the opponent uses a full-court press over an extended time. UT's press was very effective in the game in Austin, but for some reason Aston failed to recognize that and did not press much in the Big 12 tournament.
there wasn't as much need in the tournament as they were basically tied with two minutes left in the game. Also, there were a few times to press didn't work and ended up as an easy bucket for Baylor.
“Mix a little foolishness with your serious plans. It is lovely to be silly at the right moment.”

–Horace

“Insomnia sharpens your math skills because you spend all night calculating how much sleep you’ll get if you’re able to ‘fall asleep right now.’ “
wuzzy bear
EasyE said:

Pale Rider said:

"This is spot on right here. The last two years we have absolutely frozen and let teams smoke us from the perimeter in games we should have won easily...especially MSU. I think Mulkey needs to take a different approach and keep the edge on this team to just go out and play like it's practice. The teams that beat us always had a chip on their shoulder. I still we will skate to the elite eight and I could not want to play anybody BUT Louisville. I still have the picture of Coach Walz in my head as he laughed when they were up by 19 only to watch it all slip away until Griner bailed them out with a foul in the last second. That was Odyssey Sims greatest comeback ever, but she had no help and the refs swallowed their whistle while the committed aggravated assault on Griner. I can't get that out of my head. So they got it coming to them, but our frosh cannot afford to have any off games or we won't see them. I sure hope Wallace can make it back to at least be on sidelines. She is an inspiration to this team and if nothing else they should want it all for her."
wuzzy bear
For sure we will be pressed the whole game cuz teams got nothing to lose in the first two games. With Tennessee our worst nightmare would be dumb fouls and a full court press aka WVU men. Our guards are really quick though and the only way to beat a press is to make long passes from the backcourt to the bigs for easy buckets, which if played right will easily work, and therefore, will not wear our team out near as much as if they were trying to do like the men and dribble dribble dribble out of every double team. But Mulkey knows this so she will handle it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.