2018 NCAA WBB Transfers

59,219 Views | 188 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by DFW Bill
HoustonBear15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Now that the season is over, I'm sure announcements for transfers will begin to come in.

Anriel Howard of Texas A&M has announced that she is looking for a power 5 school to transfer to. She will be a grad transfer so could be eligible immediately. Gary Blair said he's hoping she'll visit some other schools and realize A&M is still the best option for her. He doesn't want to lose her.

Any other transfers that have been announced so far?
RealLarryDon
We would have an unstoppable front line if she joined Kalani and Lauren.
RealLarryDon
Mychal Johnson, a guard from Notre Dame, has announced she will use the grad transfer rule and play her final year elsewhere. She has only averaged 2.4 points in 85 games.
RealLarryDon
Carly Santoro, 5-11 All Mid America conference forward at Bowling Green, announced she would play her final year at Ohio St as a grad transfer. She averaged 14 points and 8 rebounds.
HoustonBear15
RealLarryDon said:

She's certainly a great player but there's just no place for her on our roster. I think Uconn could benefit with her on their team. Wondering if there's any interest there.
RealLarryDon
Vanderbilt's Kayla Overbeck and Erin Whalen, rising juniors, are transferring. Both were on the all SEC Freshman team last year. Whalen was a Top 100 recruit and the North Carolina Gatorade Player of the Year in High School. They would be true transfers and required to sit out 1 year.
RealLarryDon
We have at least 1 on our current roster who may be transferring out. I've heard from a reasonably reliable source we may even have two, but we'll see.
RealLarryDon
Mississippi St seems to think they have a great shot at landing her.
whitetrash
RealLarryDon said:

Vanderbilt's Kayla Overbeck and Erin Whalen, rising juniors, are transferring. Both were on the all SEC Freshman team last year. Whalen was a Top 100 recruit and the North Carolina Gatorade Player of the Year in High School. They would be true transfers and required to sit out 1 year.
Unless they want to go to Notre Dame.
RealLarryDon
HoustonBear15 said:

RealLarryDon said:

She's certainly a great player but there's just no place for her on our roster. I think Uconn could benefit with her on their team. Wondering if there's any interest there.

I just went to the UGA boards and they think they are the odds on fav since she's apparently from Georgia. Could just be wishful thinking though.
RealLarryDon
whitetrash said:

RealLarryDon said:

Unless they want to go to Notre Dame.

Very true!!!!!
RealLarryDon
RealLarryDon said:

We have at least 1 on our current roster who may be transferring out. I've heard from a reasonably reliable source we may even have two, but we'll see.

And before anyone gets all bent out of shape, I said MAY not ARE.
WasheFuzzy
I would have taken Anriel Howard in a heartbeat, this season, but we have so many players that we will need to develop before Kalani and Lauren leave. If we bring in Howard that could cause trouble with team chemistry. I don't see it happening.
BU Bears Fan
WasheFuzzy said:

I would have taken Anriel Howard in a heartbeat, this season, but we have so many players that we will need to develop before Kalani and Lauren leave. If we bring in Howard that could cause trouble with team chemistry. I don't see it happening.
I live in CS and have two daughters who love WBB, and I play golf with Gary often. We have been season ticket holders for probably 20 years. Anriel is the most athletic player who has come through here in that time, moreso even than Sydney Colson.

I don't have any information about the internal chemistry of our team, but if she was at the 3 with Kalani and Lauren down low, she would absolutely abuse any 3 trying to guard her. Or put her at the 4 and move Lauren to the 3.Wow, we would own WBB rebound records.

From my perspective, I'd love to have her.
BU Bears Fan
GrizBear
RealLarryDon said:

RealLarryDon said:

I doubt there are many here who still take you seriously.
geewago
BU Bears Fan said:

WasheFuzzy said:

I live in CS and have two daughters who love WBB, and I play golf with Gary often. We have been season ticket holders for probably 20 years. Anriel is the most athletic player who has come through here in that time, moreso even than Sydney Colson.

I don't have any information about the internal chemistry of our team, but if she was at the 3 with Kalani and Lauren down low, she would absolutely abuse any 3 trying to guard her. Or put her at the 4 and move Lauren to the 3.Wow, we would own WBB rebound records.

From my perspective, I'd love to have her.
It sure wasn't her fault that the Ags lost out to Notre Dame. She pumped in 26 points.
BU Bears Fan
I'm hearing Anriel won't be the last one either. We'll see.
BU Bears Fan
HoustonBear15
There has to be an internal problem stirring up at A&M. The Aggies should certainly be a better team next season with Ciera Johnson (Louisville) and Aaliyah Wilson (Arkansas), two McDonalds All-Americans joining Carter and Williams. Not sure why Howard would want to leave that, unless it just doesn't have to do with basketball. Wondering if Carter's style of play (the ball hog style) is breaking down the team.

Louisville could be a good option for Howard since they just lost Hines-Allen.
ScottS
RealLarryDon said:

RealLarryDon said:

that's not going very far out on a limb
whitetrash
ScottS said:

RealLarryDon said:

RealLarryDon said:

that's not going very far out on a limb
He doesn't have to go very far out to do this every time:

setshot
Howard is a great player, one that any team would love to have, and that includes Baylor. I doubt that she would come to Baylor, but acquiring her for Kalani Brown's senior year, with all the support that is in place, would be a boon to Baylor and to Anriel Howard.
slimecap

WacoKelly83
Why do you have to contact Ray Caldwell? Is he her agent? Lol
mimi25408
TCU's only All-America Amber Ramirez is transferring .
skilledup
I'm hearing that the 2017 class at Texas will be transferring. Supposedly Boothe has left already and they are saying that Patterson is on the fence. If you look at Patterson's twitter page, she has removed the Texas header and all the Texas stuff out her bio. Guess we will wait and see
WacoKelly83
skilledup said:

I'm hearing that the 2017 class at Texas will be transferring. Supposedly Boothe has left already and they are saying that Patterson is on the fence. If you look at Patterson's twitter page, she has removed the Texas header and all the Texas stuff out her bio. Guess we will wait and see

That's gonna be huge if true
BUVA
mimi25408 said:

TCU's only All-America Amber Ramirez is transferring .

She was an outstanding 3-shooter in high school in San Antonio. Must not have been heavily recruited if she ended up a frog.
Man is the only animal that blushes. Or needs to. ~ Mark Twain
Lone Star
WacoKelly83 said:

Yah, that is weird. What is Ray Caldwell's involvement? He was a departed TT coach now back to club coaching. I am sure interested schools can contact her directly.
bearbone11
That would wreck them. Our depth issues this past season would look like nothing. Would be a very bad look for Karen.
HoustonBear15
skilledup said:

Littleton appears to be transferring too from a few of her latest posts on twitter. That whole freshman class at Texas got the short hand of the stick and weren't given a real chance to develop.
BaylorBears_254
That's what happens when you recruit wants and not needs.

Granted, you can't turn down top players, you still have to recruit your needs over your wants tho.
Hairy Bear
On the UT fan site, they are projecting Sutton to start at point guard next year. This surprised me. I would have thought Patterson would be the one. Same class as Morris and Carter, similar potential and they are already starting. Does this mean that Patterson is not ready? Hard to believe. But she did not get the playing time as a freshman that I would have expected.

Amber was also a highly ranked point guard coming out of high school. Of course she has seen decent playing time having decided on TCU. So we have all seen her play. Has been OK but you feel like there is more potential than we have seen so far. Do not know why she would leave. During this past season, TCU started well, but faltered a bit towards the end. Is she looking for a higher ranked program?
ScottS
WacoKelly83 said:

Maybe he is Simmie #2.
ScottS
skilledup said:

The floodgates at UT are swinging wide open.
gone to Tickfaw
chastity was chosen freshman of the year in the Big 12

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.