Incoming Freshman

5,785 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by jumpinjoe
bowdedg
How long do you want to ignore this user?

bowdedg
bowdedg
bowdedg
WacoKelly83
Chilling. These young ladies will be on campus very soon. Mulkey's camp starts June 4, I believe, and all the Lady Bears work it.
chorne68
I cannot wait until basketball season. We did not have depth last year but have an embarresment of riches this year.
Swamp
chorne68
Wow...Caitlin could be a movie star with those looks. I hope she is All American at Baylor.
jumpinjoe
I hope Caitlin find a good nail place in Waco...I doubt those nails will last through many of KM's practices.
Joined BaylorFans in 1999 under username jumpinjoe. Have always been Jumpinjoe. Proud 4 Year Baylor letterman and 1968 graduate and charter member of Quartermiler U, produced school record in 400 IH.
bowdedg
Scottdye
When will the incoming Freshman start arriving?

Do we know who will be in the Thanksgiving Tournament with us?
I am having some MAJOR LADY BEAR withdraws..
bowdedg
WacoKelly83
Several if not all will be on campus for start of the second summer session on July 5
Pale Rider
My stars. My gracious! My goodness!
slimecap
Scottdye said:

When will the incoming Freshman start arriving?
26 Jun 2018

bowdedg
bowdedg
Polarbear
Interesting peek into the locker room. I love how the lockers are clearly arranged in order of seniority. First two lockers by the door are Seniors Kalani and Chloe. Next two lockers are Juniors Lauren and Juicy. Love the clear message that longevity and experience is highly valued.
CavalryRoadie
Polarbear said:

Interesting peek into the locker room. I love how the lockers are clearly arranged in order of seniority. First two lockers by the door are Seniors Kalani and Chloe. Next two lockers are Juniors Lauren and Juicy. Love the clear message that longevity and experience is highly valued.
Not sure I'm a fan of Natalie Chou's photo still in the locker room. She has moved on, so shouldn't the photo be gone, as well?
Bone Squad
It looks like they have updated the name plates, but not the posters. Kristy's poster is still there too, and the partially obscured one on the far right appears to be Cohen. I bet it's just a function of not having done official team photos yet.
CavalryRoadie
Bone Squad said:

It looks like they have updated the name plates, but not the posters. Kristy's poster is still there too, and the partially obscured one on the far right appears to be Cohen. I bet it's just a function of not having done official team photos yet.
Understood. I would still pull the poster, leaving a blank space in its place. That said, it's not my call, or my locker room - just my opinion.
slimecap
CavalryRoadie said:

I would still pull the poster, leaving a blank space in its place.
From a psychological perspective I would agree. Remove posters for transfer players when the destination school is announced.

There should be 15 lockers. What posters were placed on the non-used lockers last year?
Bone Squad
I've never been in the locker room, and I feel like I would have to see the whole layout in context to feel strongly either way. I might hesitate to do something that could be perceived as pettiness against Chou...presumably the other players still consider her a friend. So if they can remove posters or other relics in the name of moving on, and it can be done in a way that does not have an appearance being spiteful towards Chou, then I am all for it.
ladybears4eva
Im sure it is a sad reminder for everyone who sees chous photos in the locker room
Polarbear
Agree with Bone Squad on both points; I suspect it's a function of not having official team pictures yet, and that it could create an ugly tone if any move were made to appear spiteful. The veterans from last year surely had a strong relationship with Natalie, so they'll appreciate the respectful approach.
Speculation, but I bet those pictures from last year corresponded with the actual player's locker, going with the order of Seniors (alphabetical order), followed by Juniors (alphabetical order). Stands to reason that last year Seniors Cohen, Wallace would be the first two. Followed by Junior Brown. Followed by Sophomores Chou, Cox, Landrum, etc. I bet those old pictures are down within a month, replaced with pictures of the current locker residents. This year's players haven't even reported to their first class yet, so I have no problem with the fact that last year's pictures are still hanging.
jumpinjoe
Good grief...the students responsible for changing it out just got back on campus from summer break.
Joined BaylorFans in 1999 under username jumpinjoe. Have always been Jumpinjoe. Proud 4 Year Baylor letterman and 1968 graduate and charter member of Quartermiler U, produced school record in 400 IH.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.