Italy tour schedule

14,995 Views | 92 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Pale Rider
Big Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anyone know and are willing to share?
MrGolfguy
Don't know specifics, just that it's in early August and they have 3 games scheduled in different cities.
Big Bear
Thanks, appreciate your info. Think I will call the office to get additional info.
ckilpatrick

slimecap
August 5-14, 2018
sevenmilebeachbob
slimecap said:

August 5-14, 2018
I would certainly expect that sic'em365 will have one of the moderators assigned to cover every detail of the tour (of course with all expenses paid).
BUVA
Found this online:
http://www.cvent.com/events/baylor-women-s-basketball-italy-tour-2018/event-summary-2ad86ea937044b9097f22f55f908b117.aspx
Man is the only animal that blushes. Or needs to. ~ Mark Twain
ckilpatrick
Does anyone know when they can start their practicing for the tour? I believe this will be beneficial for the season!
slimecap
ckilpatrick said:

Does anyone know when they can start their practicing for the tour?
2017-18 NCAA Division I Manual
Effective August 1, 2017
pages 312-313

17.29 Foreign Tours
17.29.1.5 Practice Limitation. Not more than 10 days of practice are permitted prior to departure. Practice is prohibited outside the playing season one week prior to the beginning of the institution's final examination period for the applicable regular academic term through the conclusion of the final examination period.
(Revised: 1/14/08, 7/30/10)
ckilpatrick
Thanks slime cap!
WacoKelly83
Lady Bears begin foreign tour to Italy Saturday

By KRISTA PIRTLE krista.pirtle@wacotrib.com

The Baylor women's basketball team leaves for a nine-day Italian tour Saturday. The Lady Bears will play three exhibition contests Aug. 6, Aug. 8 and Aug. 11. Baylor will arrive in Rome Sunday and will tour the capital city along with stops in Florence, Venice, Trieste and Como.

Baylor will face the Bosnia/Herzegovina National Team Monday at 6:30 p.m. in Rome. The Lady Bears will then take on TK Hannover (Germany) Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. in Florence, before playing their final game Saturday in Trieste with a game against Muggia Select at 7 p.m.

While in Rome, Baylor has planned stops at Vatican City, the Colosseum, St. Peter's Basilica and the Sistine Chapel. Wednesday and Thursday the team will move to Florence where a walking tour is on the itinerary that includes stops at the Accademia gallery with a viewing of "The David."

Friday and Saturday the team will spend time in Venice with a boat ride from Tronchetto Marina along Grand Canal to Piazza San Marco Square. The trip ends Sunday and Monday in Como where the team will have another boat tour and lunch at the Bellagio. Tuesday the Lady Bears head back to Waco.

Eight years ago, the NCAA allowed programs to conduct foreign tours every four years. It includes an extra 10 days of practice time. The final five practices for Baylor's allotted 10 dates are Monday through Friday before Saturday's departure.
WacoKelly83
What a great trip. These ladies will have a trip to remember. Except Nalyssa, she's kinda busy
Wichitabear
Dang! Are they goingto enjoy this. Wish I could go with them lol
bowdedg
WacoKelly83 said:

What a great trip. These ladies will have a trip to remember. Except Nalyssa, she's kinda busy
Nalyssa will join the team mid way through the trip and could be available to play the 3rd game.
WacoKelly83
LC on you make the call

https://omny.fm/shows/you-make-the-call/lauren-cox-8-1-18
mimi25408
Anybody whats going on with Aquira ? Is she hurt, I could be over doing this but I haven't seen her in any of the recent practice video's and one workout video. Is she okay ? I know that she is in Italy with the team but I didn't see her in the pics with team practicing again.
slimecap

CarmelBear
Aquira is there. She appears in the videos Baylor WBB is showing on Twitter

mimi25408
Yes , if you look at my post i said " i know she is in Italy". I said she isnt in the PRACTICE VIDEO'S.
mimi25408
I don't think she is playing, she is the only one in warm-up shirt.
bowdedg
Starters for today's game:
Richards
Morris
Ursin
Cox
Brown
PapaBear6
Follow the Lady Bears twitter account for some updates on the game. End of first Q 27-11.
HoustonBear15
Egbo leads all scorers with 14 points in the first half.

I think it's interesting that we have only attempted two 3 pointers- both from Bickle.
zt1014
I looked at the sheet and she is really trying to see what the new players can do and bring. Top 3 in minutes currently at half are Jackson, Bickle, and Egbo.

gone to Tickfaw
Vatican Museums are one of the most fascinating places on earth. Also spiritual and inspirational.
skilledup
She had surgery for a meniscus tear about two weeks ago. Or it may have been an MCL, but I know that it was one of the two.
Dcheetah
Skilledup,
What kind of timeframe would that give her to return to the court?

Any comments about our recruiting? Thank you!
jumpinjoe
Did the boys practice team get to go? Looks like a few college age boys in the group shots.
Joined BaylorFans in 1999 under username jumpinjoe. Have always been Jumpinjoe. Proud 4 Year Baylor letterman and 1968 graduate and charter member of Quartermiler U, produced school record in 400 IH.
HoustonBear15
jumpinjoe said:

Did the boys practice team get to go? Looks like a few college age boys in the group shots.
Those are team managers.
HoustonBear15

Bickle being used in the post. Showing some versatility.
MrGolfguy
Lady Bears 101
Bosnia 59

Final
zt1014
Bickle the leading scorer with 20pts. Was a big surprise to me, but a good one. She hit 3 3's.

LC had a double double 16 pts & 14 rbs
KB had 15 pts & 7 rbs
QE had 16 pts & 6 rbs

Can't wait to see who steps up Wednesday.
mimi25408
I am not surpised at bickle stats. Lol I told yall bickle wasvery good. I kept trying to defend her when alot of you guys were saying you think she would red shirt even tho you haven't watched her play and she wasn't an all american.
Big Bear
I commented about early, Mimi25408. I saw her at Kim's elite camp several years ago. I was very impressed then. Now she shouts the 3 well and she is 2" taller. She was very physical and D demon. I was there the day Kim offered her and Smith. It is early but its obvious she has transitioned to some degree. Euros are very physical and intimidating. Bosnia had numerous 6'-3" and one 6'-4". She will end up at the 3 position after Decosta and Smith join the team. Good to see at least one person agrees. I know Setshot was not too favorable until a recent posting.
mimi25408
Agreed, I saw 2 years ago and was impressed with her assist. I was also impressed when she played in the AZ all Star game when she hit a couple of NBA three's on the Phoenix Suns home court.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.