Sedona Prince injured in U18

4,495 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by WasheFuzzy
Chibears2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looked like it could be a nasty knee injury. I hate to see any player hurt, but especially those getting ready to enter next level....

On a happier note, Smith looks really good. Both STRONG & fluid...
rvwsleep
She was getting back on D and went up to contest a shot. Her leg gave way on the landing. It appeared to be a tibia fracture. Though I can't be sure. Horrible injury in any case. They stopped the game for about 10 minutes. Hoping for a full recovery.
WacoKelly83
Looking at the video replay it looks like she may have stepped on the Puerto Rico players foot. But you can definitely see her leg break further up. Gruesome.
Lone Star
Thoughts and prayers up for Sedona.
HoustonBear15
So awful. But a fracture/break is potentially better than an ACL tear. Depending on how well her body heals she could be back during the season. Hoping for the best.
WacoKelly83
Bad news. Injury requires surgery and it appears she will redshirt.

https://www.hookem.com/2018/08/04/texas-freshman-sedona-prince-miss-basketball-season-broken-leg/
HoustonBear15
Feel so bad for her. I'm sure she was looking forward to her freshman season so greatly. I was also looking forward to how our bigs handled the challenge from the two UT freshmen.

I know it's easy for people to say that coaches should be hesitant to let their players play in these type of tournaments. But these opportunities are so special and if a player dreams on making it to the Olympics this is such a valuable way of getting into USA system. This very well could've been our own Nalyssa Smith, which scares me, but I would never hope for her to pass on this chance in fear of getting injured.

Prince will be back eventually and will be a force against us when she returns but I know that we'll be ready to handle her when she makes her comeback.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Terrible.
BiPolarBear
https://www.hookem.com/2018/08/06/texas-freshman-sedona-prince-successful-surgery-broken-right-leg/

BEVO BEAT WOMEN'S BASKETBALL

Texas freshman Sedona Prince has successful surgery on broken right leg
6-7 post hopes to be return for the 2019-20 season

Posted August 6th, 2018

ladybears4eva
Thats so sad. Poor sedona. I admired her playing
Wichitabear
She 'll be back. Strong and ready to go. You know what they say atTexas, Texas Fight! And she will. We'll be waiting for ya!
WasheFuzzy
I hate these summer leagues. Even young bodies need time to rest.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.