Coach Mulkey

4,493 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by slimecap
jdrs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Saw this on fb and instagram. Praying for her.

Lady Bear fans, join us in well-wishing our head coach Kim Mulkey a successful back surgery and recovery. Coach will have a spinal fusion surgery to prevent neck, shoulder & arm pain Wednesday morning. She is anxious to be back on the floor with the Lady Bears very soon! #SicEm
WacoKelly83
Good grief. I had that done and she should be fine. Mine was lower lumbar but I'm sure the process is the same. The recovery was painful but relatively fast. I was up and walking within 30 minutes of surgery. I was bed ridden for two months prior to surgery. So best of luck to coach
GarlandBear84
Smoaky asked Mack today and he said Kim should be ready for the first official practice in about six weeks.
bowdedg
By Staff |
Posted: Wed 12:07 PM, Aug 22, 2018 |
Updated: Wed 12:18 PM, Aug 22, 2018

The head of the Lady Bears Basketball team is recovering at a local hospital, after successful back surgery.
Kim Mulkey underwent spinal fusion surgery Wednesday morning.
Doctors fused her C5-6 and C6-7 vertebrae during the procedure.
Mulkey said the surgery was to help with neck, shoulder and arm pain.
It's pain she says was aggravated by her team's recent flight to Italy, where they played exhibition games.
Her family said she is doing well.

bowdedg
drahthaar
Been there and done that...she'll do great and be back in a hurry.
bowdedg
ABC BEAR
She should be in good jacket flinging form by the start of the season.
slimecap
Oct 1, 2018

"Kim Mulkey, who underwent spinal fusion surgery in August, was cleared to participate in practices just in time for the Lady Bears to prepare for the season. Mulkey said that, while she feels better, she needs to be cautious with her physical workload this season.

"I've got to be smart," Mulkey said. "I've got a long season ahead and a lot of work to do with a very talented and young team. I feel a lot better than I did prior to surgery."

- Ben Everett, Baylor Lariat
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.