Bill Laimbeer mentions Kalani Brown as possible #1 2019 WNBA draft pick

2,224 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by slimecap
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Chibears2
Should be incentive for Kalani if she wants to play at next level. McGowan has been to a Final Four....
Chibears2
But let me also say, I think Kalani is the more consistent, production-wise, and has the better temperament. I just don't know how she and Laimbeer would mesh though. (I can never look at him without chuckling that he played a Sleastak on Land of the Lost.)
slimecap

slimecap

Who is the favorite for player of the year?

"Last season, South Carolina's A'ja Wilson was the front-runner as the top player in the country, and she never lost her lead in that race. Wilson was the consensus college player of the year, the WNBA's No. 1 draft pick and that league's rookie of the year.

It's harder to say if there is a front-runner this season because there are several strong candidates, including Durr, Samuelson, Collier, Ogunbowale, Ionescu, Brown, McCowan and Iowa's Megan Gustafson.

Of those eight, all are seniors except the junior Ionescu. Others might emerge, too.

This is a season when some of the marquee head-to-head matchups of top teams could help determine the player of the year race. And voters might go right until the end of the season before making their choices."

- Mechelle Voepel, espnW, 29 Oct 2018
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.