Morris

107,218 Views | 392 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Pale Rider
Baylorbball
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Is she gone or just playing with words on Twitter ?
Baylorbball
She's gone...,
Chibears2
Ummmm. What is this?!!
Scottdye
What do you mean she's gone?
DFW Bill
Per Blue Star Media she has asked for a release from Baylor. Under the new NCAA transfer rules she will be able to go at once, no delay. Assuming this is correct.
Scottdye
Well let's Pray that is not true.
DFW Bill
I misspoke, she can just notify, no asking, the school can't do anything. New NCAA transfer regulations which I think are effective September 1, 2018.
Scottdye
So do we think she is leaving? If so why would she leave? This will be her team as the PG.
Dcheetah
Horrible news. Anyone know Why? She was going to play a huge role going forward. If true, this really hurts our national championship aspirations.
Dcheetah
Wonder if this is Chloe related? Cutting into court time perhaps?
slimecap
Scottdye said:

Well let's Pray that is not true.

WacoKelly83
I noticed in almost all the pics from the Italy trip she was never smiling. I figured it was just her persona but it was noticeable
Eball
Rats. A blow no doubt. I was worried about her never seemed like a great fit with BU. Wonderful talent though.
skilledup
More to this
WacoKelly83
That doesn't sound good.. In any case, best of luck to her wherever she lands.
Scout Bear
I guess I am getting older. Having a hard time understanding kids these days...
Onward Go
Dcheetah said:

Wonder if this is Chloe related? Cutting into court time perhaps?
You gotta wonder if maybe Chloe's recruitment was because the coaches had already foreseen Morris' discontent and potential departure.

I guess she must've been the subject of al the talk in the summer of another mystery transfer.

setshot
This is both surprising and highly disappointing. Other than the usual mild interest in such matters, I am not too concerned with the reasons for this decision by Morris, but if it represents some larger issue with the team, that is worth knowing something about, though some would dismiss that as being an internal affair. Perhaps that is the correct view, if a somewhat detached one.

For those of us who are fans of longstanding, this is perhaps the greatest loss of its kind in the history of the program. Other than Brown and Cox, no player on the team had more reason to feel secure as far as both their position and the playing time that it represented. Morris has only scratched the surface of her considerable talent.

I regret it, but every loss is an opportunity for someone else to step up and contribute.
Baylorbball
skilledup said:

More to this

Is this a statement or question skilled

If statement what's up?
ladybears4eva
Damn. This is a very surprising blow.

Maybe she wasn't happy in general..
fighting with coaches? Mulkey?

Cant be because of Jackson. Different positions

Hsg is the only point guard ...

First Chou
Now Morris

What guards do we have left:
HSG
Juicy
Moon
Jackson

Sf: oliver didi
ladybears4eva
We are left with all unproven guards except... juicy/jackson.

Both shooting guards.

Hsg has to step up... like Sims did.
ladybears4eva
Morris looks like she is going to NCState wolf pack?

mimi25408
No, that was just her mentality for the season. She referred to it as wolf season. When i talked to her she was really to play and lead her team. Something had to happened with a day or so , broken rule or something.
Polarbear
Wow, this is a gut punch. On the surface, it makes no sense. Alexis was poised to be the starting PG for a 3 year run with a Final 4 level team, coached by a legendary former PG. So many questions.
Why did Alexes leave Baylor? Basketball related, issue with teammates or coaches, academic issue, cultural/social issue, personal/family issue? What happened? Will we ever learn the real story?
Why did it happen so abruptly, in the fall just weeks prior to the season, and not during the spring/summer when most transfer are announced?
Imani Wright, Beatrice Mompremier, Natalie Chou, Alexis Morris. Should we be concerned about a systematic problem within the program which leads to all of these talented players transferring out? Or is this just a symptom of competitive women's basketball in the 21st century, with transfers now built into the culture? April and May now seem to be transfer season in the NCAA.
What now? We're a team with Final 4 aspirations, and the only true PG on the roster is Honesty. Tremendous talent and bright future, but an inexperienced Freshman.
Who shares minutes with Honesty? Juicy seems to be the most likely candidate, because she was pressed into emergency minutes after Kristy's injury last year and was competent, but she's more naturally a SG and not a distributor. Can Moon or Chloe provide competent minutes at PG? How about Bickle initiating the offense as a Point Forward? There's going to be a solution in there somewhere, but what a shame that the incredible collection of talent on this team will now deal with "emergency fixes" at the PG position.
Onward Go
Polarbear said:

Wow, this is a gut punch. On the surface, it makes no sense. Alexis was poised to be the starting PG for a 3 year run with a Final 4 level team, coached by a legendary former PG. So many questions.
Why did Alexes leave Baylor? Basketball related, issue with teammates or coaches, academic issue, cultural/social issue, personal/family issue? What happened? Will we ever learn the real story?
Why did it happen so abruptly, in the fall just weeks prior to the season, and not during the spring/summer when most transfer are announced?
Imani Wright, Beatrice Mompremier, Natalie Chou, Alexis Morris. Should we be concerned about a systematic problem within the program which leads to all of these talented players transferring out? Or is this just a symptom of competitive women's basketball in the 21st century, with transfers now built into the culture? April and May now seem to be transfer season in the NCAA.
What now? We're a team with Final 4 aspirations, and the only true PG on the roster is Honesty. Tremendous talent and bright future, but an inexperienced Freshman.
Who shares minutes with Honesty? Juicy seems to be the most likely candidate, because she was pressed into emergency minutes after Kristy's injury last year and was competent, but she's more naturally a SG and not a distributor. Can Moon or Chloe provide competent minutes at PG? How about Bickle initiating the offense as a Point Forward? There's going to be a solution in there somewhere, but what a shame that the incredible collection of talent on this team will now deal with "emergency fixes" at the PG position.

During the Italy trip, CKM mentioned that Chloe Jackson was already learning the position so that she could relieve Morris.

Momremier did not leave of her own accord. There were attitude and chemistry problems. She was allowed to transfer, otherwise she would have been cut.
Bone Squad
This is a total game changer for us.

Hopefully Honesty comes into her own as the point guard of the future, but for this season, this seriously dampens my expectations.
Dcheetah
Can Moon play point?
HoustonBear15
Her tweets today are really interesting and a little concerning.
Pale Rider
I truly do not understand this at all. Severely disappointed. Severe blow to this team. Something has to be extremely serious to cause someone to desert her team, her school, and the entire fan base.
Seems extremely selfish to me.
Pale Rider
HoustonBear15 said:

Can you post or explain?
Lawbear
HoustonBear15 said:

Should we be watching the police blotter? Or is this an internal matter only?
WacoKelly83
We're going to survive. Lots of talent on this team and I know our staff will make it work. Transfers happen all the time these days. It's just the timing that stinks. It's a shame but not much you can do but move on.
ctxbear
I just read through several weeks of her tweets. I am fully aware of the dangers of reading too much into the thoughts of a 19 or 20 year old on Twitter, but based on what I saw and my experience with students and others facing particular types of challenges, I highly suspect this is a personal issue rather than a systemic issue. That's not to say that there may not be some things going on internally within the program that are exasperating personal issues with players, but this feels like its more her than it is us.

I hope and pray she finds peace and success.
mlb60
I could not make it back more than a week, but she seems to be troubled. CaveatI am no expert on teen tweet stuff. There seems to be a lot of hostility in her tweets.
And the days I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days.—Ray Wylie Hubbard
mlb60
And the days I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days.—Ray Wylie Hubbard

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.