Morris

107,237 Views | 392 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Pale Rider
Pale Rider
How long do you want to ignore this user?
baylor1984 said:

If there is a silver lining at all in this it's that it should make Baylor even more attractive to Sarah Andrews.

Now that is taking a positive outlook on a negative situation.
Totally forgot about Andrews.
EB1963
In Coach Mulkey I put my trust.
ladybears4eva
Well,,, it is different if she was dismissed for Team violations.

Mulkey is a stickler for rules.

Too bad she couldn't follow them.

And no one did her "wrong" , team rules are there for each individual to follow, someone probably tattled on her though.
slimecap

Baylorbeargirl5
How many players has Mulkey dismissed in her Baylor career? Not many....
HoustonBear15
Alexis Morris is no longer in the student directory either, meaning not enrolled at the school. From what I've heard, the incident was very serious and Mulkey really had no choice.
geewago
Scout Bear said:

Space53 said:

I think Morris was the best returning point guard in the country. She will be missed, mainly for her offensive skills. Baylor has never had a player that fast and with those moves.
Evidently you have not seen me head for the bathroom at halftime.
I've seen you head for the potty. And I'll admit you do move right on out, but you aint even close to her speed buddy.
WacoKelly83
Baylorbeargirl5 said:

How many players has Mulkey dismissed in her Baylor career? Not many....

Breanna Hayden, Latara Darrett, Justice syzpanski come to mind
slimecap
WacoKelly83 said:

Baylorbeargirl5 said:

How many players has Mulkey dismissed in her Baylor career?
Breanna Hayden, Latara Darrett, Justice syzpanski
Destiny Brown
skilledup
It was VERY serious and Mulkey had a choice, but when stuff started being said on social media she was somewhat forced to go through with it. These athletes and the athletes family and friends need to stay off of social media. Well at least if they can't stay positive!!!!!
ladybears4eva
What were her family and friends saying?

ladybears4eva
Omg. I read on rebkells a rumor..

It's alleged to be domestic violence. No police called

Maybe reported to the coaching staff?

ladybears4eva
Domestic violence on her girl friend. Is the rumor
Yogi
There is no longer any room for error at Baylor.

We can't afford it.
"Smarter than the Average Bear."
Pale Rider
Yogi said:

There is no longer any room for error at Baylor.

We can't afford it.

Yep. Period.
WacoKelly83
skilledup said:

It was VERY serious and Mulkey had a choice, but when stuff started being said on social media she was somewhat forced to go through with it. These athletes and the athletes family and friends need to stay off of social media. Well at least if they can't stay positive!!!!!

I'm confused. If her actions were so serious why did Mulkey hesitate before cutting her? You don't have to answer that because I know you're trying to be sensitive to the party's invloved but it does raise the question.
mlb60
I believe LE was involved but that no arrest was made (meaning both parties denied a problem and there was no other probable cause). This did not happen in Waco. I believe time was allowed for staff to investigate, then social media happened and rumors started and Baylor has to have a strict zero-tolerance policy on interpersonal violence. That's the little I have heard
And the days I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days.—Ray Wylie Hubbard
ladybears4eva
Just so unfortunate
skilledup
Police was involved and she was placed in jail. I wanted to verify before I said this but yes this is all true. It is a very sad situation
Pale Rider
mlb60 said:

I believe LE was involved but that no arrest was made (meaning both parties denied a problem and there was no other probable cause). This did not happen in Waco. I believe time was allowed for staff to investigate, then social media happened and rumors started and Baylor has to have a strict zero-tolerance policy on interpersonal violence. That's the little I have heard

LE?
90sBear
Pale Rider said:

mlb60 said:

LE?
Law Enforcement
Pale Rider
Thanks.
BUVA
If violence involved in departure, radar alert just went off in L'ville. I feel for her--she has awesome skills, but gotta have control and be responsible for actions. What an opportunity blown. Kudos to CKM for sticking to zero-tolerance. Big chance for someone else to step up.
Man is the only animal that blushes. Or needs to. ~ Mark Twain
ctxbear
If some of these allegations are true, then I feel better about the whole situation. (Sounds weird to say.) This would have eventually been a dismissal from school incident. Probably also makes it more difficult for her to find a quality program to transfer to. Tragic situation for her and all involved.

On another note, if true, this kind of vindicates KM for some of the flack she got a couple of years ago for her post game comments about Baylor's scandal-- especially if she instigated dismissal before the school even got involved.
The Old BEAR
ctxbear said:

If some of these allegations are true, then I feel better about the whole situation. (Sounds weird to say.) This would have eventually been a dismissal from school incident. Probably also makes it more difficult for her to find a quality program to transfer to. Tragic situation for her and all involved.

On another note, if true, this kind of vindicates KM for some of the flack she got a couple of years ago for her post game comments about Baylor's scandal-- especially if she instigated dismissal before the school even got involved.
Absolutely no updates on the Waco, situation. But I did call some sports related folks in Beaumont, to see if any information had come thru via her home town. They had really nothing to add but did say, during her high school years she had a tendency to "hang" with some questionable characters.

Word of her dismissal had not even been circulated in Beaumont, but they were not overly surprised by the infractions or dismissal.
Mothra
ladybears4eva said:

Omg. I read on rebkells a rumor..

It's alleged to be domestic violence. No police called

Maybe reported to the coaching staff?

Ah geez.
Scout Bear
geewago said:

Scout Bear said:

Space53 said:

I think Morris was the best returning point guard in the country. She will be missed, mainly for her offensive skills. Baylor has never had a player that fast and with those moves.
Evidently you have not seen me head for the bathroom at halftime.
I've seen you head for the potty. And I'll admit you do move right on out, but you aint even close to her speed buddy.
SHE WAS QUICK! Evidently not quick enough. Unfortunately...there is a lot more to the story. Thank God for Mulkey doing the right thing here.
ScottS
Why wasn't she suspended for a couple of games?
GarlandBear84
BU can't tolerate violent athletes any longer. Zero tolerance.
BluesBear
100% agreed. The girls will move forward. It's still a Final Four team.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
skilledup said:

Police was involved and she was placed in jail. I wanted to verify before I said this but yes this is all true. It is a very sad situation
Not in Waco, not in Beaumont.

Have heard the same.

Hope she finds help at her new school.
slimecap
EB1963 said:

bunation
EB1963 said:

That!
skilledup
She was jailed in the San Antonio area. I just heard that it all happened at Texas state and it was with her gf. Well all anyone can do is hope that she gets help and learns a valuable lesson from all of this.
Pale Rider
Extremely disappointed.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.