Morris

107,766 Views | 392 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Pale Rider
mlb60
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Disappointed, but I hope she can get help and overcome whatever problems she may have. I have some experience with dealing with kids her age that have anger management issues. I did too at her age, though by the Grace of God none of that rose to an arrestable offense and I never hurt anyone but myself. I'll be praying for her. If she is like anything in my experience, personal or non-professional counseling, she will have to work hard on self-discipline, and that is not an easy thing to do even if one is highly motivated to do so.
And the days I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days.—Ray Wylie Hubbard
Pale Rider
Most excellent post mlb.
BaylorBears_254
Disappointed that she pretty much got herself kicked off the team, but this a huge blow.

Morris would've likely finished her career as the best PG at Baylor or 1b to Sims.

Not sure how we replace her, but I remember Landrum had her best game when she was able to run the PG position last season
ladybears4eva
Landrum did play well with the ball in her hands. The local favorite!!
BaylorRocks
Bad attitude mixed with a sense of entitlement is a cancer within any team. Bound to reach a head sooner or later. Wish her well. Wish the team even better.
ABC BEAR
Better to find out now as opposed to having a midseason crisis.
EvilTroyAndAbed
ctxbear said:

Probably also makes it more difficult for her to find a quality program to transfer to. Tragic situation for her and all involved.
I don't think it'll be that difficult. Too much talent. A good program will take a chance.
GarlandBear84
Nah, surely they'll talk to Mulkey first and then pass.
slimecap
EvilTroyAndAbed said:

ctxbear said:

Probably also makes it more difficult for her to find a quality program to transfer to. Tragic situation for her and all involved.
Too much talent. A good program will take a chance.

Eball
I wish her well...it is a tough time to be a kid in our world. She is much too talented to not be given another opportunity/chance...unless there is a lot more to the story than I have heard. It will depend on her and how she responds.
Pale Rider
Will definitely have to be the exact right situation. And most of all, will depend on her attitude and maturity.
The Old BEAR
Pale Rider said:

Will definitely have to be the exact right situation. And most of all, will depend on her attitude and maturity.
You are talking about a kid with a world of self believing entitlement in her mind.
That's a big portion of the problem.
skilledup
Rumor is she has the option to sit out the year and play for Baylor next year.
CarmelBear
skilledup said:

Wow. I would LOVE to see her play in green and gold again.
Pale Rider
CarmelBear said:

skilledup said:

Wow. I would LOVE to see her play in green and gold again.

Absolutely. I am going to pray that is the case as long as she gets her life turned in the right direction.
gone to Tickfaw
athletics doesn't save a person. Jesus does. look at all the highly successful people in sports & entertainment who have tanked. Joe Namath & several other high profile NFLers are now asking for health & life insurance because they blew their fortunes...

Main thing is for Morris to get emotionally, mentally, spiritually, physically healthy for a full life...

Tiger's just now coming back from years of darkness.

Alexis. Do you want to die? Just survive? Or Thrive?
57Bear
skilledup said:

If she transferred, wouldn't she have to sit a year as well? Could she work out during the year?
Pale Rider
57Bear said:

skilledup said:

If she transferred, wouldn't she have to sit a year as well? Could she work out during the year?

I believe she could.
canoso
fujobear said:

athletics doesn't save a person. Jesus does. look at all the highly successful people in sports & entertainment who have tanked. Joe Namath & several other high profile NFLers are now asking for health & life insurance because they blew their fortunes...

Main thing is for Morris to get emotionally, mentally, spiritually, physically healthy for a full life...

Tiger's just now coming back from years of darkness.

Alexis. Do you want to die? Just survive? Or Thrive?
Don't know when I've seen a post so full of love. Thank you for caring so much.
bowdedg
I think everyone would love to have Morris back, however, her main concern should be working on herself and becoming the better person that she can be. We all forget how young these girls are and the difficult times they face growing up in the current world (social media, etc).

BaylorBearWBBFan
Good chance this was posted elsewhere and I just missed it
Heart
BaylorBearWBBFan said:

Good chance this was posted elsewhere and I just missed it
Thanks.
Pale Rider
Can't read it. What did she say.
GarlandBear84
Baylor is Baylor with or without me. Kim is a great coach. Team is loaded at all positions.
57Bear
She said: "Baylor is Baylor. Baylor will be Baylor with or without me. Kim is a great coach. We are loaded. LOADED from 1 to 5."

Pale Rider
Thanks. I somehow hope she comes back.
zt1014
Sooo many players might have repsonded with a bitter comment. That's awesome the amount of respect she showed for her former teammates, coach, and school. She has to be feeling a lot of emotions.
57Bear
Pale Rider said:

Morris did use the phrase "We are loaded."

Pale Rider
57Bear said:

Pale Rider said:

Morris did use the phrase "We are loaded."
Great catch. Didn't notice that.

Snuf
She is still in school at Baylor ( May have been mention earlier).
Pale Rider
Snuf said:

She is still in school at Baylor ( May have been mention earlier).
Nope. Didn't know that. There's hope.
willtalk
Every situation is different. And no one seems to know this one's except the principles involved. That is the best sort of scenario, because a public airing tends to create bad feeling which eliminates future options. The present situation is ideal because it doesn't lock the door. Not only does the door not appear locked in this case, but also that Morris's hand appears to be on the door nob.
mimi25408
I love the way Morris responded. Most athletes would have responded a negative attitude. Morris still attends Baylor. I have seen her on campus and she is good. Her and Didi constantly are outside dancing and singing with their ear buds on. Alexis loves Baylor and as she stated she loves Kim. Everyone makes mistakes and even if she transfers I would still watch her because she is phenomenal at what she does. I don't want to see her against Baylor but she is still a young lady I would pull for.
Hairy Bear
I believe that all of us would love to see her back on the team. It is rare to find a point guard of her caliber. With Morris back on the team I truly believe that this year's team could be the best WBB team we have ever had.
mimi25408
Morris is not back.. just enrolled in school. She wont be back for the season.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.