Morris

107,761 Views | 392 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Pale Rider
Russell Gym
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What's the angle on recruiting Didi to leave? To where?
fubar
BaylorBears_254 said:

Cant believe she's trying to get Didi to go too? What's the story behind that?
I can believe she's trying to get DiDi to follow her.

What I find harder to believe is that Richards would seriously consider going. She just played 31 exceptional minutes and was a key to the win over UConn. Not sure where else would give her a better opportunity.
Chibears2
Drama, drama everywhere...

Tiring...

Lady Bears will be okay if they can hold the center together. Lots of talent already on team. Maybe a transfer or foreign recruit. Better to get her away from team than be a negative influence.

Hope she finds what she needs...
WacoKelly83
Morris I can live without. Didi has kinda grown on me. LoL. Can't imagine she would be that unhappy. Doesn't show on the court or sideline. Plus Didi would have to sit out a full year. Correct me but she wouldn't be eligible until fall of 2020 if she left now?
Scottdye
Do we think Didi would leave? I sincerely hope not, what a delightful young lady.

I truly wish the best for Morris, I will miss her.
mimi25408
I believe spring 2020 (i think) if she left now ..but athletes that transfer mid year lose a semester of eligibility.. so she would play a 2 and a half instead of 3
HoustonBear15
Scottdye said:

Do we think Didi would leave? I sincerely hope not, what a delightful young lady.

I truly wish the best for Morris, I will miss her.
Didi has worked just as hard at making BU into what it is with her help with recruiting. It's obvious she loves the program and the university and I don't think she would throw that away for someone with who's been troublesome. She provides something that we need which is lock-down defense and rebounding but that may not be what other top programs need in a transfer player. I believe Didi is too smart and too loyal to just walk away. She didn't follow when Morris committed to UCLA and I don't think she does now either (if the rumor is true)
setshot
Sarah Andrews (2020) is the target of choice, and she and Gusters are now teammates, so that would have a reasonable chance to be a twofer. Both are in the top ten nationally and would be outstanding "gets" for the team that lands them.

Didi and Alexis Morris have been very close for quite a few years, so it is not strange at all that if Morris goes she would love to have Didi accompany her. It would surprise me, however, to see that happen. I am unhappy to see Morris leave, as I thought that she needed a lot of what Baylor had to give her, but I think that it would be difficult for her to remain at Baylor for a number of reasons. I wish her well wherever she chooses to be next year.
ScottS
Any updates?
Pale Rider
ScottS said:

Any updates?
the donkeys and elephants are still divided.
The Old BEAR
Raymond (her Dad) pretty much served as her personal Sports Information Director when she was in High School. He had the Beaumont Enterprise (newspaper) on speed dial.
I mention this because the local paper has heard NOTHING from the family about a change of events.
This is as of Wednesday morning.
HoustonBear15
The Old BEAR said:

Raymond (her Dad) pretty much served as her personal Sports Information Director when she was in High School. He had the Beaumont Enterprise (newspaper) on speed dial.
I mention this because the local paper has heard NOTHING from the family about a change of events.

Alan Lefever
Alexis is still in the student directory....
Baylor Dad in Va.
All this is simply all unconfirmed rumor at this time, right? I don't see one bit of supporting evidence thus far to support the rumor other than the initial post that gave no source. Lexi has not tweeted anything at all to indicate that she is leaving and I can find no articles on the net to support this rumor.
mimi25408
Asking for release papers doesn't instantly remove you off the student directory.
The Old BEAR
Baylor Dad in Va. said:

All this is simply all unconfirmed rumor at this time, right? I don't see one bit of supporting evidence thus far to support the rumor other than the initial post that gave no source. Lexi has not tweeted anything at all to indicate that she is leaving and I can find no articles on the net to support this rumor.
Your summation is correct.
Meshach covers women's basketball for the Beaumont Enterprise. While he is relatively new on staff, he has reached out to Morris, and has yet to receive a reply from her. While this rumor could be true... there is absolutely NO confirmation from the family.
Lion82
She gone. Got in trouble at home over the break. Sad for her. She is very talented but just can't stay out of trouble.

It was a long shot for her to do all the things necessary to get back on the team next year. Kudos for Kim for giving her multiple chances.
WNIT in '23
Baylor Dad in Va.
mimi25408 said:

Asking for release papers doesn't instantly remove you off the student directory.
So how do we know that she "asked for a release papers". Who has confirmed this and when? She was "dismissed from the team" by Kim. Doesn't it stand to reason that she was given her "release papers" at that time? Why all the new furor over something that happened last September? She has been free to go anyplace she chooses since last September. So far she has taken no steps to do that. What is the new news now?
BuinmyBlood
The report about Alexis being "gone for good this time", is, as has been said, unsubstantiated at this time, as far as anything public. But bear in mind that the person who made this claim is skilledup, one of the absolute best insiders on this board. He was all over the recruitment of Morris and Didi way back when, and every update about them, including the surprise early commitment of Morris to UCLA, and the dogged work of Didi to turn Morris back around to BU, has come to fruition.

So as much as I don't want to believe what may be happening now, whilst still "unproven" publicly, I have to give skilledup's post the respect it deserves.

For the record, though, skilledup, I would LOVE for you to be wrong this one time!
zt1014
I believe even though you are dismissed you have to have release papers signed saying you can talk to other schools. Also, believe they can have restrictions on them also.

This was posted by one our most reliable posters on here and said that stated it as she is gone again. She had considered transferring this summer before she was dismissed.
ScottS
I hope she stays.
Old300Bear
She is gone for the reasons Lion82 stated. Didi is not going with her.
Pale Rider
skilledup has a ton of credit. That's why the post was shocking.
Bone Squad
With her talent, someone is sure to give her a chance. Here's hoping she treats it like there won't be another and makes the most of it.
Pale Rider
Bone Squad said:

With her talent, someone is sure to give her a chance. Here's hoping she treats it like there won't be another and makes the most of it.

If she does this now, I seriously doubt it.
The Old BEAR
We should have verification later this morning.
Just got an email from Meshach, saying he has an appointment with Morris set up for later today.
He will give me an update when he returns to the office.
Pale Rider
The Old BEAR said:

We should have verification later this morning.
Just got an email from Meshach, saying he has an appointment with Morris set up for later today.
He will give me an update when he returns to the office.

Thanks Doug.
fubar
I'll feel better once we've heard from Abednego.
The Old BEAR
Lexi Update:
Just heard from Meshach.
Lexi texted him and requested his phone number.
She was to call him at 2:00 this afternoon.
As of 2:45 she has not made the call.
He is still waiting to hear from her.
Baylor Dad in Va.
Two hours ago Lexi was on twitter and still retweeting film clips of Baylor - UConn.game. This retweet adds to the 6 or 7 other recent tweets and retweets she has made within the last week about the team . If she is leaving then why does all the interest remain about the team? Sure puzzles me.
buildabear1
ladybears4eva
Drama ensues
ABC BEAR
ladybears4eva said:

Drama ensues
I guess we'll know all about it at tip-off in 2 hours. Until then I'm getting a pizza and some suds (I'm still a college boy at heart).
WasheFuzzy
Cut bait...

I gave up on her being part of our future when she signed with UCLA, How about TTU?
WasheFuzzy
bowdedg said:

skilledup said:

I was just told that Morris is gone again and this time she's not coming back. She was just granted her release papers and that she's trying to get Richards to go with her.
Where is she going?
Who cares? I don't, just go and stay gone.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.