Morris

107,790 Views | 392 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Pale Rider
Lion82
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There is no drama. She got in legal trouble over the break and Baylor is done with her.
WNIT in '23
The Old BEAR
As of 6:00 she has still not made contact.
The Beaumont Enterprise Sports Reporter will try to make contact with her tomorrow.
He has games to cover tonight.
Stay Tuned.
Until Lexi or Kim makes comment, it is still not confirmed.
BUVA
Lion82 said:

There is no drama. She got in legal trouble over the break and Baylor is done with her.

Is this a second occurrence of trouble, or are you referring to the issue she had last semester?
zt1014
No offense, but the post clearly says over the break. So yes over the break which wold be the 2nd time in 5-6 months.
Baylor Dad in Va.
Well no offense intended, but until somebody gives more particulars than "offense during the break" ,with no specification as to what kind of offense, when and where it took place, it is still an unconfirmed rumor.
Swamp
Pale Rider
Swamp said:

So what does that mean?
Swamp
Hopefully referring to a relationship.
ScottS
What is going on?
fubar
ScottS said:

What is going on?
A bunch of old men are distressed about what some teenage athlete may (or may not) do.

In other words, what happens every day here.
joseywales
over the holiday break she did not manage to follow the rules she had to follow to be reinstated so she left school.
The Old BEAR
Some of you seem upset that we will not accept the "super secret social media reports" as confirmed facts.
The Beaumont Enterprise (Lexi's home newspaper) certainly isn't running with the story till they get confirmation.
Waco Tribune has not released any verification. No word from Kim Mulkey.
That's not the way a quality publication works!
Meshach is still trying to make contact with Lexi to confirm or deny.
Hopefully he can get confirmation today. Until then, just accept the fact that many here consider it an unconfirmed rumor.
LadyChickBear
I don't believe she has left school, yet. She did have some trouble while home over the break, but since school has not yet started, it is unclear as to whether she will return or not. I pray that it is not a done deal and that she can be helped. Praying for her because I think being here at Baylor with support of Kim and others could help her work through this transition from one culture to another. Praying she finds a way to deal with her personal problems.
Lion82
She will never play basketball for the lady bears again.
WNIT in '23
Pecos 45
Pale Rider said:

I truly do not understand this at all. Severely disappointed. Severe blow to this team. Something has to be extremely serious to cause someone to desert her team, her school, and the entire fan base.
Seems extremely selfish to me.
Or maybe she is really ticked off.
“If you have a job without aggravations, you don’t have a job.”
Malcolm Forbes
The Old BEAR
Just got an update from Meshach.
Lexi has gone underground on him. She is not returning calls or text messages.
Kim Mulkey is not returning calls.
Baylor Sports Information only forwarded the September release.
His guess is that there is no definite story yet. He will continue to monitor the situation, but right now there is NO story to be had.
None of the parties will confirm or deny anything.
ScottS
You're telling me there's a chance
The Old BEAR
ScottS said:

Just saying that neither Lexi, Kim, or Baylor Sports Information will confirm or deny anything.

My guess, and this is only a guess, it that there may have been a "knee jerk" reaction, and that cooler heads may be starting to prevail.
57Bear
Hope springs eternal in the human breast!
Baylor Dad in Va.
Baylor Dad in Va.
Baylor Dad in Va. said:

The Old BEAR said:

ScottS said:

Just saying that neither Lexi, Kim, or Baylor Sports Information will confirm or deny anything.

My guess, and this is only a guess, it that there may have been a "knee jerk" reaction, and that cooler heads may be starting to prevail.

And that is why I have been so stubbornly insistent that it is an unconfirmed rumor. I'm not trying to discredit any of the early posters -- they may turn out to be right eventually. But a post like this is not a fact until it has been confirmed by either Baylor, or Lexi, or someone comes forth with particulars of proof in the form of when, where, and what happened. I wasn't there and I don't know the facts. I am not privy to any "secret information",

So I will give any young lady the benefit of a doubt over a rumor until it is proven otherwise. It might not work out but I would love to see Lexi Morris back at point guard next year. I will be sorely disappointed if it does not happen.
skilledup
Lion82 said:

She did get in legal trouble again while being home. Everyone must pray for this young lady as trouble seems to find her
Pecos 45
The Old BEAR said:

Pale Rider said:

Will definitely have to be the exact right situation. And most of all, will depend on her attitude and maturity.
You are talking about a kid with a world of self believing entitlement in her mind.
That's a big portion of the problem.
ALL kids who show athletic talent at a young age in ANY sport get that feeling of entitlement because from the time they are 12 years old, adults are kissing their a$$ and offering them anything if they will just play for their team.
I watched my son go through this during his football career, starting at a very young age.
By the time they turn 18, that's all they've known.
Unless they have a very strong perspective of the "real world", what do you expect?

That's been my experience.
“If you have a job without aggravations, you don’t have a job.”
Malcolm Forbes
The Old BEAR
I grew up in Beaumont. Owned the ABC Television affiliate (KBMT) until the early/mid 80's.
We sold it and moved from Beaumont. The town was not growing and had become stagnant.
Since the mid 80's Beaumont has regressed in population, economy, and City safety.
Currently it ranks as one of the most dangerous cities in Texas. (FBI Report 2017) Gangs, drugs and organized crime are a fixture.
I mention this because Beaumont is a place for trouble to happen.
If there is any hope for the reformation of Lexi... Beaumont is NOT the place.
Hopefully she understands that.
Putting a troubled youth in Beaumont, is like putting an Alcoholic in a Liquor Store.
I would hope Kim would take this into consideration before making a final decision.
Pale Rider
Two of our life long very best friends live in Beaumont and we have visited them several times through the years and loved every minute of it.
I'm sure Doug is right but the Beaumont we have experienced has been beautiful.
The Old BEAR
https://www.12newsnow.com/article/news/local/beaumont-ranks-as-third-most-dangerous-city-in-texas/502-446784615
Pale Rider
Totally shocking to me. Amazing.
The Old BEAR
Did you know that during the height of the Spindletop oil boom, Beaumont had a population of well over one-half million people.
It was truly a Boom Town.
Since the last of the oil was harvested, it has been thru 80 years of regressing in population and economy.
The unemployment rate is one of the highest in Texas.
I seldom go back. It is depressing. There inter-structure is fast eroding with no money to rebuild it.
Little Detroit is what locals call it.
Your California, has towns that vanished after the gold was all mined.
Beaumont will never totally vanish, but it's future is not good.
RSBear
Can't believe she she would get into "legal" trouble for a second time.
WacoKelly83
The hurricanes over the years have really taken their toll also. Many people and businesses have moved away.
The Old BEAR
WacoKelly83 said:

The hurricanes over the years have really taken their toll also. Many people and businesses have moved away.
Yep. You really have 3 elements left.
The life long residents who are too old to relocate.
Those who are economically strapped and can't afford to move.
And those who make their living off the elements Beaumont presents.
It's sad to see your hometown go down.
Lion82
Nobody can tolerate 2 arrests in less than 6 months. There were other suspensions for breaking team rules as well.

Pretty easy to play for Kim for 4 years. Be on time, go to class, Don't get arrested , Play defense, hustle and don't turn the ball over.
WNIT in '23
The Old BEAR
Lion82 said:

Nobody can tolerate 2 arrests in less than 6 months. There were other suspensions for breaking team rules as well.

Pretty easy to play for Kim for 4 years. Be on time, go to class, Don't get arrested , Play defense, hustle and don't turn the ball over.
Meshach did his homework and found no record of an arrest.
So evidently you know a lot more than he does.
Was she arrested outside of Beaumont? Maybe a surrounding area?
Why don't you fill us in with your information?
I am sure a lot of people would appreciate the facts.
Speaking in generalities may be enough for some... but not for all.
Show us the CarFax.
Baylor Dad in Va.
Lion82 said:

I agree with Bear. If you really know something and it is not all BS, then why don't you put it out so that we can check it for ourselves? Yes I am calling you out. Pardon my doubts but you are not even a premium subscriber.
buildabear1
Twitter post, looks like she still supportive of the team.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.