Morris

107,222 Views | 392 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Pale Rider
Baylor Dad in Va.
How long do you want to ignore this user?
buildabear1 said:

Twitter post, looks like she still supportive of the team.
Which makes the rumors that no one will back up with some real facts all the more less believable to me. And I hate to see one of our former players slandered with nothing to back it up other than talk.
The Old BEAR
I certainly don't understand all the dynamics of the new NCAA transfer rule that went into effect this school year. But now there is a protocol site that players requesting a transfer are listed on. Once a player has informed their coach/school of their intent to transfer, the Athletic Director has 2 business days to post the student athlete.
Does anyone know how to reach this site? It is supposed to be available on the web.
I know a Baylor footballer (Hand) was added to it yesterday.
Would be interesting to see if Lexi"s name is on that required list.
Baylor Dad in Va.
skilledup said:

Lion82 said:

There is no drama. She got in legal trouble over the break and Baylor is done with her.

She did get in legal trouble again while being home. Everyone must pray for this young lady as trouble seems to find her
If she did get in trouble again then why can't you give some specific's so that someone can verify that fact? Why spread a rumor on a public board about a person if you can't back it up?

If she "got in legal trouble again" why are you and one other non-premium poster the only 2 to report it? No one at Baylor is willing to respond, and I have searched records all day long and I can't find any official records. Others have looked too. If you really have something and are not just "blowing smoke" then come forth with it. Otherwise you are just spreading rumors that damage a young lady's character. And I don't like that.
Lion82
The next time one of you premium members fly
to an away game on the team charter you can talk to Kim about shooting more 3's, playing zone defense and find out what is going on with Morris then post it on here so we will all know.
WNIT in '23
mimi25408
I have known Lex since she was 9 years old, and she is a wonderful lady but did sometimes hang with the wrong crowd. She played Dfw ball with my sister and both got to play together again at Baylor last year. I dont ask my sister whats going on with other players on the team unless she tells me on her own terms. Those conversations are kept private unless there are means to release it. I will not say what i know about the situation with morris but i will say that Skilledup is right about 95% he/she post information and you guys should shop pin pointing tweets that dont indicate anything.

Every teen goes rough patches she will get over it. Its funny how some of you say that you cant find any evidence or proof of what skilled said but my thing is you guys didnt have proof that morris was evening coming back next year but you took that and ran with it.

You guys just hear what you want to be hear. I will say this.. she will figure it out and get on the right path whether she chooses to stay or Baylor is done with her.

Also this will be my last time on the board. They said family members of players shouldn't be on fan forums... i guess they were right.

P.S. (skilledup thanks for everything over the years!)

Baylor Dad in Va.
Lion82 said:

to an away game on the team charter you can talk to Kim about shooting more 3's, playing zone defense and find out what is going on with Morris then post it on here so we will all know.
Well shucks, I am not sure we need that. We seem to have a great number of opinions on every one of those subjects right here on our board.
Dcheetah
Hope you will change your mind and keep posting. Have appreciated your observations and willingness to share what you can.
Pale Rider
There is no doubt that everyone wants nothing but the very best for Alexis.
setshot
mimi, I hope that you reconsider your decision to leave this message board. I don't think that posters here want anything but the best for Alexis Morris, whether that be at Baylor or elsewhere, and we certainly value all the fine young women who represent us through both their athletic accomplishments and their academic work.

Part of the problem with this current situation is that Coach Mulkey and her staff have always been prone to keep almost everything connected to the Lady Bear program "in house," doubtless because of privacy issues and because they understandably like to control the flow of information.

We have a couple of well-connected individuals on this board who occasionally clarify some of the issues which have arisen from time to time, but many of them remain shrouded in mystery after years have elapsed. That may well be a good thing, but it does lend itself to speculation, and if we exaggerate or misconstrue due to a lack of solid information, that is both regrettable and very human. The greater the interest and support of the program, the more likely will be our intense concern about the outcomes surrounding the loss of a player, and the misinformation that rumor and gossip provide, which is the fuel for so much of what we do as humans, all too often wounds the very people who we cherish.

I do not want you to be a wounded Lady Bear stalwart, and if I could I would ease the burden that you seem to be bearing. Stay the course - we are better for having you on this site. Neither I nor anyone else here can promise that our expressions of concern will not exceed that which you consider appropriate and worthy of the standards you hold, but how can we improve if people like you give up on us?
Eball
mimi25408 said:

I have known Lex since she was 9 years old, and she is a wonderful lady but did sometimes hang with the wrong crowd. She played Dfw ball with my sister and both got to play together again at Baylor last year. I dont ask my sister whats going on with other players on the team unless she tells me on her own terms. Those conversations are kept private unless there are means to release it. I will not say what i know about the situation with morris but i will say that Skilledup is right about 95% he/she post information and you guys should shop pin pointing tweets that dont indicate anything.

Every teen goes rough patches she will get over it. Its funny how some of you say that you cant find any evidence or proof of what skilled said but my thing is you guys didnt have proof that morris was evening coming back next year but you took that and ran with it.

You guys just hear what you want to be hear. I will say this.. she will figure it out and get on the right path whether she chooses to stay or Baylor is done with her.

Also this will be my last time on the board. They said family members of players shouldn't be on fan forums... i guess they were right.

P.S. (skilledup thanks for everything over the years!)

I will miss your posts...life is hard and unfair and sometimes things don't work out...I just wish more folks would understand that all our players are young will make mistakes on and off the court it is what it is. I wish we were all more positive and less negative when and if we ever post about the players.
Malbec
Baylor Dad in Va. said:

buildabear1 said:

Twitter post, looks like she still supportive of the team.
Which makes the rumors that no one will back up with some real facts all the more less believable to me. And I hate to see one of our players slandered with nothing to back it up other than talk.
To be accurate, she is not one of our players; she is a former player. She was dismissed from the team. The fact that she stayed in school was never any guarantee that she was going to be allowed to rejoin the team. That remains true even if the rumors of her troubles are not.
Malbec
mimi254.. said:

...you guys didnt have proof that morris was evening coming back next year but you took that and ran with it.

You guys just hear what you want to be hear.

Indeed.
Malbec
The Old BEAR said:

I certainly don't understand all the dynamics of the new NCAA transfer rule that went into effect this school year. But now there is a protocol site that players requesting a transfer are listed on. Once a player has informed their coach/school of their intent to transfer, the Athletic Director has 2 business days to post the student athlete.
Does anyone know how to reach this site? It is supposed to be available on the web.
Would a dismissed player be required to make a transfer request? Especially after loss of aid and maintaining enrollment and non-participation? At the time Morris was dismissed from the team, the new rule regarding the listing of the student-athlete on the transfer portal was not in effect. Once it was, Morris was not on athletic scholarship, or a member of the team.
ScottS
A player in this situation could rejoin the team.
The Old BEAR
Lion82 said:

Well I wondered how long it would take you to erupt.
Your post on 12/12/18 showed signs you were getting ready to explode.
What you need to realize is that "anonymous source" has run its course.
New York Times circulation is off because of the use of "anonymous source" stories that blew up in their face.
CNN viewership has declined by half because of bogus "anonymous source" stories that proved wrong.
Simply put, "anonymous source" is a giant red flag.
IT'S A SMOKE SCREEN to many people.
I know you have the reputation of the "I Got your Back Coach" gal, but the truth is... you got information from a friend, who got information from a friend, who has a clubhouse connection.
No police report, no arrest records, no phone call from Lexi, no one on one chat with Kim...
Baylor Sports Information is not talking... No confirm or deny.

Your obsession that nobody can second guess Kim may fly in your circle, but I think you need to re look at chat boards... Opinions abound!
What's the old saying... "Opinions are like *******s. Everybody has one".
In the meantime we will keep digging and not depend on an anonymous source.
You have every right to your personal opinions, but I missed the Memo that appointed you the resident traffic cop of this site. Everyone had remained "civil" until your recent attack on the gentleman from Va. Those are the type attacks that drive posters away from this site.
The Old BEAR
Malbec said:

The Old BEAR said:

Would a dismissed player be required to make a transfer request? Especially after loss of aid and maintaining enrollment and non-participation? At the time Morris was dismissed from the team, the new rule regarding the listing of the student-athlete on the transfer portal was not in effect. Once it was, Morris was not on athletic scholarship, or a member of the team.
You pose an interesting question. Was she not on the trip to Italy?
Would the NCAA consider that the end of last season or the beginning of this one?
Also the NCAA site makes it clear that a program may indeed dismiss a player, but can not keep a player from seeking transfer. Under that regard, wouldn't Lexi's name be posted as eligible for transfer? That is the NCAA's new way of posting eligible players seeking transfer. It clearly states that no other school may contact a player until there name appears on said list.
Also have we established, without question, that Lexi is NOT still on scholarship and was only removed from the team?

I don't have the answers to these questions. Maybe someone does.

I have a hunch. NO FACTS. Just a common sense approach:
When Lexi went home for Christmas, she had every intention on returning to campus.
Thus, one would be led to believe she still has belongings and personal items in Waco.
Be she leaving or staying, I would guess there will be a one on one exit interview between Kim and Lexi.
I seriously doubt that meeting has taken place yet. NO FACTS... just a personal conclusion.

My personal opinion... The final chapter of this story hasn't been written yet.
Russell Gym
setshot said:

mimi, I hope that you reconsider your decision to leave this message board. I don't think that posters here want anything but the best for Alexis Morris, whether that be at Baylor or elsewhere, and we certainly value all the fine young women who represent us through both their athletic accomplishments and their academic work.

Part of the problem with this current situation is that Coach Mulkey and her staff have always been prone to keep almost everything connected to the Lady Bear program "in house," doubtless because of privacy issues and because they understandably like to control the flow of information.

We have a couple of well-connected individuals on this board who occasionally clarify some of the issues which have arisen from time to time, but many of them remain shrouded in mystery after years have elapsed. That may well be a good thing, but it does lend itself to speculation, and if we exaggerate or misconstrue due to a lack of solid information, that is both regrettable and very human. The greater the interest and support of the program, the more likely will be our intense concern about the outcomes surrounding the loss of a player, and the misinformation that rumor and gossip provide, which is the fuel for so much of what we do as humans, all too often wounds the very people who we cherish.

I do not want you to be a wounded Lady Bear stalwart, and if I could I would ease the burden that you seem to be bearing. Stay the course - we are better for having you on this site. Neither I nor anyone else here can promise that our expressions of concern will not exceed that which you consider appropriate and worthy of the standards you hold, but how can we improve if people like you give up on us?

Plus 1. Thank you both.
GarlandBear84
It sure seems this isn't her choice, it is Kim's. This thread is better than a soap opera.
The Old BEAR
Perhaps I can bring some closure by relaying a story....

Grant Teaff was, and is a longtime Waco friend. For a period of time, he served as my Sunday School teacher.
This is a story Grant once told me:

During the middle of his tenure at Baylor, he was receiving a lot of criticism about his play calling. It got under his skin. In a moment of heightened anxiety, he made the comment... "Those that don't like it can climb to the top of the stadium and jump off."
The next morning, those comments were in print.
Grant was beside himself. He would do almost anything to erase the comment and let it never happen.
He knew that was impossible, but needed to make sure it never happened again.
He wrote himself a brief note and said he placed it in his wallet.
It was only one sentence long. It read...

"Without the fans we have nothing."

I don't know if Grant still carries that message today, or not. But those words still hold true.
Kids get into sports at an early age for entertainment.
Fans follow sports as a source of entertainment.
"Inside" dealings, "outside" fan interaction... they are all part of the process.
Both sides need to understand you cant have one without the other.

"Without the Fans we have nothing"
No truer words were ever spoken.
LadyChickBear
Baylor Dad in Va. said:

skilledup said:

Lion82 said:

There is no drama. She got in legal trouble over the break and Baylor is done with her.

She did get in legal trouble again while being home. Everyone must pray for this young lady as trouble seems to find her
If she did get in trouble again then why can't you give some specific's so that someone can verify that fact? Why spread a rumor on a public board about a person if you can't back it up?

If she "got in legal trouble again" why are you and one other non-premium poster the only 2 to report it? No one at Baylor is willing to respond, and I have searched records all day long and I can't find any official records. Others have looked too. If you really have something and are not just "blowing smoke" then come forth with it. Otherwise you are just spreading rumors that damage a young lady's character. And I don't like that.
I agree with Baylor Dad even though I am not a premium subscriber. I am an 18 year season ticket holder and a 20+ years high school teacher and I hate to see kids struggling without help and support. Let's not add to the rumor mill if we don't have clear facts. This is a vulnerable young woman we are speaking of on this board. She is more than just a great point guard!
The Old BEAR
LadyChickBear said:

Baylor Dad in Va. said:

skilledup said:

Lion82 said:

I agree with Baylor Dad even though I am not a premium subscriber. I am an 18 year season ticket holder and a 20+ years high school teacher and I hate to see kids struggling without help and support. Let's not add to the rumor mill if we don't have clear facts. This is a vulnerable young woman we are speaking of on this board. She is more than just a great point guard!
My wife was a coach/teacher for 41 years before she finally hung up the whistle.
I salute you for your years of dedication.
By the way, my wife agrees with you 100%.
BaylorBears_254
Skilledup has RARELY been wrong on the news he has posted.

Old Bear i get you're "from" Alexis's hometown and you think you would have the #1 scoop, but that is NOT the case at all times.

Just because someone gets the news before you, does not make them wrong.
The Old BEAR
BaylorBears_254 said:

Old Bear i get you're "from" Alexis's hometown and you think you would have the #1 scoop, but that is NOT the case at all times.

Lexi's hometown has absolutely nothing to do with it.
I spent over 40 years working and owning TV/Radio stations. At one time I was very proud of it.
Today the media business is in the toilet.
The reason is that everyone is more interested in getting a "SCOOP" than getting it right!
There was a time you verified everything before you went with it. Today you just go with what you got and call it "anonymous sources".
Nope! You got me figured wrong.
RIGHT trumps FIRST every time.

I don't have a clue who your Skilledup is, really don't care. And that is no disrespect to your source.
Without verification, and proof of the facts, I trust no source despite what you say their batting average is.
95% still says he can be wrong 5% of the time.
BaylorBears_254
The Old BEAR said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

I spent over 40 years working and owning TV/Radio stations. At one time I was very proud of it.
The reason is that everyone is more interested in getting a "SCOOP" than getting it right!
There was a time you verified everything before you went with it. Today you just go with what you got and call it "anonymous sources".

The only thing that I've read from you so far is that "If it hasn't been reported by Kim or your source in Alexis's hometown" then it's wrong.

You're trying TOO hard to make yourself sound correct here. I get that you have some good sources and commections closw to the situation, but how do you know that Skilledup doesn't have better ones?

Why would Skilledup open up the entire can of beans? You're a person that's well connected, you should know how these things work.
The Old BEAR
BaylorBears_254 said:

The Old BEAR said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

The only thing that I've read from you so far is that "If it hasn't been reported by Kim or your source in Alexis's hometown" then it's wrong.

You're trying TOO hard to make yourself sound correct here. I get that you have some good sources and commections closw to the situation, but how do you know that Skilledup doesn't have better ones?

Why would Skilledup open up the entire can of beans? You're a person that's well connected, you should know how these things work.
Again, I never said ANYBODY was right or wrong.
I said there has been no confirmation from any of the three sources.
This is still an undocumented verification only.
Unverified claims are like Weather forecast... it's usually a guessing game.

Let me correct your first paragraph.
If it's not cooperated by either Kim, Lexi, or Baylor Sports Information... its only speculation.

This is no disrespect to your Skilledup. It's just a request for his sources.
Remember, with some of us "anonymous sources" doesn't fly any more.

To quote a recent comment by Setshot....

"We have a couple of well-connected individuals on this board who occasionally clarify some of the issues which have arisen from time to time, but many of them remain shrouded in mystery after years have elapsed. That may well be a good thing, but it does lend itself to speculation, and if we exaggerate or misconstrue due to a lack of solid information, that is both regrettable and very human."

I would love to have verification from one of the 3 sources, but until then, this case is unconfirmed.
BaylorBears_254
The Old BEAR said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

The Old BEAR said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

If it's not cooperated by either Kim, Lexi, or Baylor Sports Information... its only speculation.

"We have a couple of well-connected individuals on this board who occasionally clarify some of the issues which have arisen from time to time, but many of them remain shrouded in mystery after years have elapsed. That may well be a good thing, but it does lend itself to speculation, and if we exaggerate or misconstrue due to a lack of solid information, that is both regrettable and very human."

I would love to have verification from one of the 3 sources, but until then, this case is unconfirmed.

The case doesn't have to be "unconfirmed" just because no one has came public with it.

Situations like these are usually kept on the low anyways...until maybe after the season or close to the end.

Alexis was already walking on thin ice, so this new doesn't come so far fetched.

We all want to know the interesting "details", and Im sure they will come soon, but Im sticking with Skilledup on this one, until he's proven wrong on this info
mlb60
The Old BEAR said:

Perhaps I can bring some closure by relaying a story....

Grant Teaff was, and is a longtime Waco friend. For a period of time, he served as my Sunday School teacher.
This is a story Grant once told me:

During the middle of his tenure at Baylor, he was receiving a lot of criticism about his play calling. It got under his skin. In a moment of heightened anxiety, he made the comment... "Those that don't like it can climb to the top of the stadium and jump off."
The next morning, those comments were in print.
Grant was beside himself. He would do almost anything to erase the comment and let it never happen.
He knew that was impossible, but needed to make sure it never happened again.
He wrote himself a brief note and said he placed it in his wallet.
It was only one sentence long. It read...

"Without the fans we have nothing."

I don't know if Grant still carries that message today, or not. But those words still hold true.
Kids get into sports at an early age for entertainment.
Fans follow sports as a source of entertainment.
"Inside" dealings, "outside" fan interaction... they are all part of the process.
Both sides need to understand you cant have one without the other.

"Without the Fans we have nothing"
No truer words were ever spoken.

Some of us laid down on the sidewalk next to the stadium in various poses and had other friends take pictures of us from the top of the stadium.
And the days I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days.—Ray Wylie Hubbard
The Old BEAR
BaylorBears_254 said:

The Old BEAR said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

The Old BEAR said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

The case doesn't have to be "unconfirmed" just because no one has came public with it.

Situations like these are usually kept on the low anyways...until maybe after the season or close to the end.

Alexis was already walking on thin ice, so this new doesn't come so far fetched.

We all want to know the interesting "details", and Im sure they will come soon, but Im sticking with Skilledup on this one, until he's proven wrong on this info
Really..??
Kansas State had a similar situation, I believe, just this past week. They released full confirmation the next day.
bearbone11
The Old BEAR said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

The Old BEAR said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

The Old BEAR said:

BaylorBears_254 said:

Really..??
Kansas State had a similar situation, I believe, just this past week. They released full confirmation the next day.

Baylor did the same thing when she was originally dismissed. Now that she is no longer on the team there will be no confirmation from the athletic department. The school isn't going to comment on this one way or the other. The only "confirmation" we will get in the press will be her announcing her transfer or the school announcing her reinstatement.
Baylor Dad in Va.
The electronic media makes it extremely easy to post one's opinions, rumors, or facts completely anonymous these days. I don't know anyone on Sic'em except for my daughters. You are all completely anonymous to me. Because of the anonymous nature of the board, I am naturally going to be suspicious of any information that is posted as a fact instead of a rumor but yet has no supporting evidence, other than "trust me". That is what happened here.

If you are going to post something as a fact, then be prepared to defend it, or else don't post it to begin with. I think that rumors and unsubstantiated remarks about Lexi should be left unsaid.
GarlandBear84
Now this makes total sense to me. Since BU already dismissed her there is no need to pile on and say she screwed up again and has blown her chance for reinstatement.
Baylor Dad in Va.
GarlandBear84 said:

Now this makes total sense to me. Since BU already dismissed her there is no need to pile on and say she screwed up again and has blown her chance for reinstatement.
Exactly!! It bothers me that a post is made that no one will substantiate. Why pile on when she had already been dismissed, if not to just make the individual look like "a bad person"? I have no idea of what the situation is with Morris. But I will defend her against rumors that are not substantiated to the bitter end. If you are going to defame her be prepared to back it up with facts.
Pale Rider
Baylor Dad in Va. said:

GarlandBear84 said:

Exactly!! It bothers me that a post is made that no one will substantiate. Why pile on when she had already been dismissed, if not to just make the individual look like "a bad person"? I have no idea of what the situation is with Morris. But I will defend her against rumors that are not substantiated to the bitter end. If you are going to defame her be prepared to back it up with facts.

I wish the world lived by these principles.

Would have loved to have had a dad like this.
GarlandBear84
On the other hand it doesn't seem fair to the majority of our fans who are somewhat expecting Morris to be our PG next season unless they are told otherwise.
BuinmyBlood
GarlandBear84 said:

On the other hand it doesn't seem fair to the majority of our fans who are somewhat expecting Morris to be our PG next season unless they are told otherwise.
Yep. And they only knew that Morris was still on campus and positioning herself for reinstatement because an unsubstantiated but solid rumor from skilled-up told us at that time that she had been staying in school and was trying to work her way back to being on the team. And from all supportive information that came after that it appears that skilled-up was absolutely right again. People who haven't been on this board long do not realize how far back skilled up has been posting information and how much of it has been 100% accurate. I'm also assuming that a lot of people who are chiming in right now haven't been around long enough to know how Kim operates in these situations. Her tendency to be extremely tight-lipped with the press is legendary when it comes to her players. She has always believed in protecting them, and anyone who leaks information out of her office and gets caught most likely will not have a job the next week.

Going back to the Danielle Wilson situation many years ago it was very similar to this situation in that lots of rumors were going around that turned out to be absolutely true but you never heard one word out of the Baylor press Corps because they knew they'd better not say anything. That's just the way it works with Kim. Sure, when situations warrant there will be a disclosure in the local newspaper about a player's disposition if it is permanent such as in a transfer or a dismissal. But you will nearly never hear it coming as a quote from Kim's mouth. Just not going to happen. So if you're expecting to hear something like that directly from her, you're wasting your time..

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.