Does recruiting for 2019 Change?

4,972 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mimi25408
zt1014
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So will the sudden exit of Morris that drops our roster to 12. Which is fine this year. However, puts us at 11 next season. Do we think Mulkey & Co will try and add another player to 2019 recruiting class? Since we only have 1 at the moment?
Bearprof
We have two seniors this year - Brown and Jackson. Here's the breakdown of current players by class:

Seniors - Brown, Jackson;
Juniors - Cox, Landrum;
Sophomores - Richards, Moon;
Freshman - Smith, T. Oliver (RS), Grayson, DeCosta, Egbo, Bickle.

Graduation will hit this program hard in 2022, but that's a long ways off. I have to wonder if there will be some attrition from this year's freshmen class. There's a max of 15 on a squad? With three incoming freshmen next year (Oliver, hopefully Kennedy Brown, and one more taking Morris's spot), that would leave the program at 13, still 2 shy of a full roster.
mimi25408
Kennedy Brown has taken Baylor off her list. Right now we just have a 2019 commitment for Jordyn Oliver and we have extended an offer to Makenna Marisa
setshot
Kennedy Brown has apparently eliminated Baylor from her final list of preferred programs.
2020 is the year that is loaded with high level recruits and Baylor is working hard on that class.

I would expect an addition to be made to the 2019 class, but with Jordan Oliver coming in at a guard position, unless they can get a quality interior player to add to the fine group on hand, I am not sure that they need another guard. Grayson is a quality recruit in this class and Ursin in the preceding class, and Landrum will be here for two years, so the great prospects in 2020 may be the target for this program. Saving at least one of those scholarships for that class would make sense.

Hanna Gusters is the interior player of choice in-state in 2020, but we have had little success with Duncanville over the years, as their coach is an ex-Longhorn and has funneled most of her players to Austin. We do seem to be on her current list, however, and the timing would be perfect as far as playing time is concerned. I think that she is a player not too dissimilar to Egbo, though a little bigger.

Andrews is the prize in the state in 2020, but the staff is not limiting its efforts to in-state players of quality. It will be an exciting prospect for the Lady Bears, but it would be nice to set the table by making a trip to the Final Four this year, something that is certainly no guarantee.
skilledup
mimi25408 said:

Kennedy Brown has taken Baylor off her list. Right now we just have a 2019 commitment for Jordyn Oliver and we have extended an offer to Makenna Marisa

She is actually on her official this week. It will be interesting to see how serious they are about her
zt1014
Who is on their official? Marisa?
skilledup
zt1014 said:

Who is on their official? Marisa?

Yes she was and so was Oliver. Hannah was there also.
zt1014
Maybe Oliver made her BU love contagious!!
mimi25408
Who is hannah?
Dcheetah
Hannah Gusters I suppose
skilledup
Dcheetah said:

Hannah Gusters I suppose

Yes!!!! Sorry about that. Rori Harmon was on campus also.
bowdedg
skilledup said:

Dcheetah said:

Hannah Gusters I suppose

Yes!!!! Sorry about that. Rori Harmon was on campus also.
Do we know how all visits went?
Dcheetah
Do you know how interested we are in Marisa? Are we pushing for a commitment? She has a silent twitter which Mulkey seems to prefer. All other players with her appear to be high interest players so I suspect she is too or does the possible return of Morris change that? Do we have at least a 50/50 shot at getting Hannah out of Duncanville with their very pro-UT coach? Thanks in advance!
zt1014
I'm sorry I must have missed something....Morris possible return?
mimi25408
It is RUMORED that she may have an option to to come back after missing this season. It might be true , it might not. She might stay ,she might not. I really dont think we should get hung up on this. We should focus on the team we have right now.
Eball
is she still enrolled at BU just not on team or is she gone from BU and Waco for now?
Alan Lefever
Yes, she is still at Baylor
zt1014
No one is getting hung up on anything. It was mentioned and I asked a question. Thank you for answering.
Eball
Alefever said:

Yes, she is still at Baylor
Thanks,
mimi25408
I only said that because it has already been addressed on the "morris" thread.
Lone Star
mimi25408 said:

It is RUMORED that she may have an option to to come back after missing this season. It might be true , it might not. She might stay ,she might not. I really dont think we should get hung up on this. We should focus on the team we have right now.
Uh, I would squash that rumor immediately. Let's move on...we have better things to post about then weak rumors.
mimi25408
i Literally just said not to get hung up on it.....
zt1014
So many people on this board ask questions that have already been addressed in multiple areas. So not sure why it's a big deal.....
GoldenBear
zt1014 said:

So many people on this board ask questions that have already been addressed in multiple areas. So not sure why it's a big deal.....
nm
setshot
I posted earlier that after watching some of the available video of Makenna Marisa, I came away impressed. She has some of the same qualities that Kristy Wallace showed us in her time at Baylor, and that is a high compliment. If they can get her commitment, I would take her right now.
zt1014
Kristy had intangibles that not every player has. She reminded me of MJ had and both were loved and respected by Mulkey and fans. Nina could fall into that category also.
mimi25408
Great minds think alike setshot !! She does remind me of Kristy Wallace. She gives her all on every play. I love that she is a in your face shooter. She is a 3pt threat has a deadly jump shot. Very underrated player. It would be nice to see her at baylor, but it will be hard to get her away from home. She has a twin sister that she is like 3 to 4 inches taller than.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.