Alexis Morris scores 103

10,009 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Wichitabear
Black_Storm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://vype.com/setx/2016/11/14/baylor-basketball-commit-alexis-morris-had-100-point-saturday/
Brian Ethridge
Staff
Wow...

Barbers Hill and Ozen both have great teams.
Noghri
Dang. Fun read.
Glad she wizened up and signed with us
GoBearsGo
Small private school beating up on the big public schools.
slimecap

Looking forward to seeing Alexis on the court at the Ferrell Center in November !
bowdedg
Slimecap - Morris is my main interest for the upcoming year. She is very capable of being a great, fast PG for us. I'm hoping the typical Freshman struggles don't hit her too hard, however, I'm not going to expect greatness from her until her 2nd year. Is it November yet?
Pale Rider
She looks very ready.
bowdedg
Pale Rider said:

She looks very ready.
Have you seen her at practice?
Pale Rider
bowdedg said:

Pale Rider said:

She looks very ready.
Have you seen her at practice?
Nope, just going by sights and sounds of others and the preliminary reports.
slimecap
`

`
GarlandBear84
Another thread said she and Didi are injured now.
slimecap
`

September 21, 2016

"When Alexis Morris decommitted from UCLA last month, the aftermath wasn't the mad rush to recruit one of the nation's top high school basketball players like you might imagine. That's because Morris, a 5-foot-6 senior guard at Beaumont's Legacy Christian Academy, already knew where she wanted to be playing in 2017.

"I knew I was staying home, and I knew I was going to play for Kim Mulkey," Morris said. "(Baylor) has been recruiting me since eighth grade, so we have been in contact for a long time. I want to be a player that comes in and helps them win championships."

Morris, the No. 6 guard in the country according to ESPN, announced Saturday on Twitter that she will play for the Lady Bears and Mulkey, Baylor's longtime coach who put together the No. 1 recruiting class in the country for the class of 2016.

Morris averaged 25 points, 8.4 assists, 8.2 rebounds and 4.7 steals per game last season while leading Legacy to a runner-up finish at the 3A TAPPS State Tournament.

"I called (Mulkey) before I put anything on social media," Morris said. "She was happy for me, told me she was glad I was staying home. For me, I'm glad the (recruiting) process is over and I get to play for a great basketball program and get a degree from somewhere with some of the best academics in the country."

"I don't feel like I'm a true point guard, because I can score and I can also facilitate," Morris said. "It just depends on how the game is going. I like to base my game off my mid-range game and my defense and go from there, see what the other team is going to give me. The one thing I feel like I could really get better at, right now, and the thing I've been working on a lot is shooting the three. That's something that I really want to get better at and that's going to take a lot of hard work."

- Tony Adame, Waco Tribune-Herald
slimecap
`

`
Pale Rider
I love spunkiness, especially in a girl.
slimecap
`

`
bowdedg

One of my favorites! Can't wait to see what she can do this year. Thanks Slimecap
slimecap

Alexis Morris #11
bowdedg

Still one of my favorites! Love watching her play. Can't wait to see what next season brings.
Pale Rider
bowdedg said:

Still one of my favorites! Love watching her play. Can't wait to see what next season brings.

Absolutely.
Wichitabear
The master and student at work.
slimecap
June 8, 2018

Wichitabear
Basketball can't get here quick enough. Just can't wait to see our lady bears in action once again!!!!!
Pale Rider
Wichitabear said:

Basketball can't get here quick enough. Just can't wait to see our lady bears in action once again!!!!!

Absolutely.
Hairy Bear
My daughter and I are absolutely bored waiting for the run up to next season.
Wichitabear
I know what you mean. It is painful lol
mimi25408
Omg yes i am so damn bored !!! I have nothing to do. I have been watching previous lady bear games online. I am so ready for the season to start. I have lost interest in baylor football so nothing to hold me over until lady bear season.
bowdedg
bowdedg
Freshman Force Beyond the Arc: Alexis Morris (Baylor)

Baylor Women's Basketball
When thinking about the Baylor Bears' success, we quickly jump to Kalani Brown and the 20.1 points per game she delivered from within the arc during the 201718 season. However, on the other side of the three-point line was freshman guard Alexis Morris. Morris drained 46.2% of her three point attempts last season, which ranks 14th among all NCAA Division I players. She also dished out 116 assists this season, tying the Baylor's record for a freshman and placing her in the 92nd percentile for assists per game nationally. Expect Morris to continue being a force on the offensive end this season, especially from beyond the arc.
mlb60
If she makes the freshman to sophomore improvement so many players make, she will be very hard to stop. Barring injury, she could end up being an Odyssey Sims-level player before she's done.
And the days I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days.—Ray Wylie Hubbard
bowdedg
mlb60 said:

If she makes the freshman to sophomore improvement so many players make, she will be very hard to stop. Barring injury, she could end up being an Odyssey Sims-level player before she's done.
Although Sims was/is a great player, I think Morris has the potential to be even better. If Morris can stay out of her own mind, block out all the outside BS, and just play, she will be great. I'm excited to see how far she takes us. Glad she's on our team!
slimecap

30 Aug 2018
ladybears4eva
Good bye morris
Pale Rider
ladybears4eva said:

Good bye morris

??
Pale Rider
Questions galore. Unbelievable. Unexplainable.
ladybears4eva
No more fantasies about scoring 50 to 100 points..,
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.