Juicy Landrum

4,060 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Baylor Dad in Va.
slimecap
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Sept 7, 2018

Congratulations Juicy !
slimecap

March 23, 2018

Juicy Landrum's classroom in 2016-17 was the Ferrell Center floor, and she was getting schooled every day by the likes of Alexis Jones, Alexis Prince and Kristy Wallace.

Juicy Landrum said
"It was difficult. Going to practice every day and having to guard one of the best point guards in college basketball. They kept telling me, `Don't get down on yourself.' I guess it helped me become who I am right now."

Kim Mulkey said
"Her defense was what limited her in 2016-17, and that's not unexpected for a freshman. She just needed to learn angles, passing lanes, help-side and things like that, and now it's very comfortable for her. It's like driving to work. If you move to a new city, you have to use that GPS and concentrate on where you're going every day. And then when you've been doing it for a long period of time, you don't think about it anymore. I think that's where Juicy is now in her development as a player for us."

"As I told her the other day, Juicy has made a fool out of me as a coach. Here's a kid that last year was beat up every day by Alexis Prince and Alexis Jones. Those were two fifth-year seniors, and here was this freshman straight out of high school, and her minutes were limited because of the depth we had at her position. Her problem as a freshman was just learning defensive principles and learning passing lanes and learning help-side. And to watch her grow in that area and become really an all-around player, she's probably more confident on the perimeter than any player we have right now."

Landrum led nearby La Vega High School
to 3 consecutive state tournaments. As a sophomore, she averaged 17.2 points, 7.3 rebounds and 6.0 assists for a La Vega team that finished 35-0 and won the Class 4A state championship, capping that season with MVP honors at the state tournament.

Porsha Roberts
Juicy's sister, who now plays overseas in Italy, was part of the DFW Elite program. Roberts earned Southland Conference Player of the Year honors at Stephen F. Austin in 2015.

- excerpts from Jerry Hill, Baylor WBB website
Max Quad
We're proud of you, Juicy!
slimecap
Nov 1, 2018

Juicy Landrum quotes

"I am kind of used to playing the point guard. But then again, Coach moves me from the one to the two and Chloe relieves me, and I relieve her. In practice, Coach always tells us just to alternate and go from one to the two and whoever is closer to the ball just catch it and move and go. If I'm at the two, she [Chloe] just goes to the one and if I'm at the one she moves to the two."

"I thought our ball movement was great. We worked in practice for over an hour trying to execute our half-court offense, so I thought it was great."

- WBB website

Eball
I am not sure why but Juicy is one of my favorites! Maybe becasue I spent 1st grade to 7th grade at La Vega...sister graduated from there...I like her smile and love her shooting...

I promise to try and be fair but she seems to be one that just needs to be turned loose and told to go play.

I think she worries to much trying to be perfect and please the coaches...confidence so crucial to her play but no question she has talent.

slimecap
Nov 6, 2018

slimecap

vs Southern
Nov 15, 2018
Baylor Dad in Va.
Love the pictures. I love to watch the one where Juicy is taking the half court shot.

I don't think there is any deficiency of 3 pt. shooters on this team. I think we have at least 3 or 4 pretty good ones. It is just not our style to shoot a lot of 3's but when we do shoot one we have one of the best chances of making them. Our three point make percentage is very decent..
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.