6-2 NaLyssa Smith rejects 6-5 Georgetown center's shot

2,182 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mimi25408
Baylor Dad in Va.
How long do you want to ignore this user?

NaLyssa plays a lots taller than her height. She put the ball in the seats in rejecting this one. I think we have a great 4 years ahead.

geewago
That was a "sausage stuffer".
Baylor Dad in Va.
Here is another of NaLyssa. She had a fast start and gave us a lift.

Hairy Bear
Smith has established herself as our sixth man.
gone to Tickfaw
playing 3 bigs... if you put Naylissa out on the wing for that money shot, teams will have to go out and guard her... with KB and LC in the paint, the opening and the pass is there... if not the rebound.

i'd run it continuous
WasheFuzzy
I agree. Keep Smith on the floor. I just don't think we can afford to keep her offense off the floor.
Brian Ethridge
Staff
fujobear said:

playing 3 bigs... if you put Naylissa out on the wing for that money shot, teams will have to go out and guard her... with KB and LC in the paint, the opening and the pass is there... if not the rebound.

i'd run it continuous
She should yell money after each release on that 12 footer from the baseline. It's going in.
mimi25408
She definitely has a money shot. I honestly I think she should start in place of Didi. I love DIdi defense but I just think Nalyssa's rebounding, and consistant shooting will pull the starting five over the top. She can also drain the three.

Kalani- has not yet hit her stride the season but still is dominate. Needs to make those easy buckets. Our guards are going to have to step up and make shots due to the double and triple teaming.

Lauren - still a shot blocking monster , the best is yet to come.

Juicy - is getting better on defence and I'm loving her rebounding. I love her 3 point shooting and would like to see her go for some midrange shots to throw off the defence. Needs to stop forcing passes to the post.

Chole- deadly midrange shooter. Chole, Moon, and Juicy can make for a fast line up. Needs to forcing passes to the post. If she can be more consistant she will be a huge threat.

DiDi- fast defender and runs the floor really well. Inconsistent shooter. Needs to finish transition baskets.
Dont like the idea if her running the point.

Nalyssa- rebounding machine, nice midrange shot. Can draw the defenders out of the paint. She needs work on shot fake to convert a 3pt play.

Queen- strong with nice post moves. Can be a little bobble handed at times. Needs to work on free throws and form.

Moon- lighting quick, nice midrange and 3pt shots. Needs to shoot more and stop pump faking as much. ( Kim also yelled at her to shoot the ball in Las Vegas after she kept pump faking and passing up open shots).

Trinity- good rebounder with a soild frame. Has a good midrange shot but doesn't shoot often , prefers to pass.

Honesty - very good shooter and ball handler, I think Kim should rotate her more often to get more exposure in case of a starting 5 foul out. Can become a deadly 3pt threat.

Caitlin- great rebounder, needs to get a little stronger. 3pt threat. Needs to work on defence. Great passer.

Aquira - can create her own shot, and great rebounder. Both her and moon have very high verticals. Has trouble moving feet on defense. Was cleared to play on Monday, so she should make a impact pretty quickly.

The team as whole need to work on 3 point defense, free throws , and turnovers. Forcing the ball into the bigs when they are not open is killing us. We need to rely on shooting from all positions. Although we have won our games, We need to start the game strong and finish strong so we are not playing from behind.
geewago
Good job mimi. You sound like Setshot #2.
HoustonBear15
I've actually been impressed with Trinity's steadiness when she's in. She hasn't played a whole lot and isn't super flashy but does some small things well. She's really physical and rebounds well. She actually has a good shot but uses her vision more to set up others with her passes. Can also get the ball into the post well. She may not see a whole lot of action right away but if she keeps improving she should be a consistent tool off the bench.
mimi25408
I agree, I watched her play against Uconn lexi Gordon and it was so awesome. Her midrange, her 3pt shot , she was amazing. She is such a underdog.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.